z

Young Writers Society

WORLDBUILDING FOR MY GAY LITTLE STORY

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Mon Mar 04, 2024 12:46 pm
View Likes
inprisonforsparkling says...

Hi there!!! I am currently reworking my story Burning Skies, and to do so I am going WAY more in-depth with the worldbuilding. For instance: Conlangs. Yep. More than one of them probably.

The MAIN conlang is Sau, from Chiesau Nova. It's my main character Ilya's native language and I wanted to have bits of it scattered around in the book, so, conlang!!! Yippee!!!!
I'm having fun!!! If anyone has any questions please do ask, I'm just going to be using this thread to update progress

Sau: 61 words

There are three ways to survive in a ruined world. I have forgotten some of them now. However, one thing is certain: you who are currently reading these words will survive.
-Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

8 Reviews

Mon Mar 04, 2024 1:25 pm
View Likes

I only have one set phrase so far; it's "Luume kir ziln mov eko" and literally translates to "Light and warmth to you". it's usually used to express thanks or say goodbye. Since Chiesau Nova is a very snowy country, light and warmth are useful things to have!!

There are three ways to survive in a ruined world. I have forgotten some of them now. However, one thing is certain: you who are currently reading these words will survive.

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Tue Mar 05, 2024 6:37 am
Spearmint says...

Spoiler! :
woahhh that's super cool! it makes a ton of sense that the thanks/goodbye phrase would refer to light and warmth in a snowy country. also, do you wanna join the conlangs club? clubs/3386 :D
mint, she/her

.--. / ... ...- -.-. .-.. / - .--. ..- .- / .--- --- ...- .--- / .--- --- .--. .-- / .--. .--- .-.. / .--- -.-- .-.. .... -
=D

8 Reviews

Tue Mar 05, 2024 9:23 am
View Likes

ahh thank you!!! yes yes I've joined now, I'm really excited

10 Reviews

Reviews: 10
Tue Mar 05, 2024 1:27 pm
View Likes
aaliyahlaurier says...

is your story a queer story?? mine is too!!! we need more of them on here

8 Reviews

Tue Mar 05, 2024 1:33 pm
View Likes

yes it is!!! I'm reworking an old one so I'm not sure on the details of the plot yet, but the main romance is between two guys named Ilya and Alastair (Alastair is trans)

8 Reviews

Tue Mar 05, 2024 3:22 pm
View Likes

100 words!!

Carpe Diem
— Catullus