z

Young Writers Society

So this honestly was a question but I might write here later

35 Reviews

Reviews: 35
Tue Jul 19, 2022 7:18 am
Kelisot says...

So, do you think it's a good idea if i make a book describing and mentioning names of a charters and events for a book series I'm writing? Or should I do that somewhere else?
I like Gabber. I recommend that you should also listen to it.

beans

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Wed Jul 20, 2022 1:19 am
View Likes
Omni says...

hey there @Kelisot!

I have seen multiple fantasy books with a table of contents in the back of their book with important names, locations, events, etc. So, basically, things that the author couldn't feasibly include in their story but were important to the larger world in general. I think it could be feasible to include something like that on the end of your book.

But! Just an encyclopedia of charter names, something small for your world, would also work. Just keep in mind that this option will naturally not be as widely accessible as the former one, since everyone who reads your book would have access to the future option while only people willing to see if there are more to your world would possibly see the second option.
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

35 Reviews

Wed Jul 20, 2022 4:39 am
Kelisot says...

Ooh okay!
Would forum (or forum threads?) be effective too?

beans

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Wed Jul 20, 2022 9:29 am
View Likes
Omni says...

If you're thinking of doing something like that on YWS, you're in the right forum for it. Many writers come to this forum during events like NaNo or LMS to structure their thoughts on their project. Writers also come to this forum to give themselves a thread to dump everything they need about their writing projects. Creating a thread for yourself in the Writers Corner would give you the closest to what you're looking for.

If you're publishing your actual novel/literature on this site, you can always add your Writers Corner thread as a link.

I'd advise against posting a referendum like you're posing as a lit work because it would be very difficult and not really plausible to review a work like that, and feedback on something like that is generally not something one looks for.
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

35 Reviews

Wed Jul 20, 2022 10:04 am
View Likes
Kelisot says...

Thank you for the advice.
I will make a new forum thread for inputing lore.

beans

I am just curious-have I ever been on the bottom quote-thingy?
— foxmaster