z

Young Writers Society

Brig's Tea House

766 Reviews

Reviews: 766
Sat Apr 23, 2022 11:02 pm
Brigadier says...

Hey y'all.

Now that I've returned to YWS, and more specifically have returned to posting novel chapters on YWS, I've decided to create one thread to organize all of my project stuff.

This is a space for me and for the few people who like to read my works. And seeing as I'm once a res mod and always a res mod, this thread will be organized into compartment sections.

If you are one of the few interested audience members, please subscribe to the thread to see when new chapters are posted.

the brigadier rides again!
LMS VI: Lunch Appointment with Death

766 Reviews

Sat Apr 23, 2022 11:03 pm
Brigadier says...

PROJECT INDEX

BLESSED BY THE RISING ROAD
Description
Chapter Index

THAT OLD DREAM

THE PENSACOLA STAR
Last edited by Brigadier on Sat Apr 23, 2022 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

766 Reviews

Sat Apr 23, 2022 11:04 pm
Brigadier says...

Title: Blessed by the Rising Road

Tags: mystery, crime, noir, drama, romance, LGBTQ, political, religious

Description:

In another life, Daniel McGovern was a good daughter, a faithful Irish Catholic, and a happy to be the successor for his father's business. That's what the world saw and valued him for. They didn't know what was hidden behind the white veil of contrition and the red dress of confirmation.

He was far from the first Irish-American Catholic child to have a deep, dark secret. One that, if revealed, would lead to him being disowned or worse. So at twenty-three, when Daniel's father was gunned down over a business misunderstanding, he took the opportunity to leave his old life behind.

Once he was free, he became who he wanted to be. A thousand miles away from his old life. There were a few bumps in the road to his new life of domestic bliss. The traveling on was going well until the fateful day a messenger knocked on his door, declaring his mother was dying of cancer.

Transitioning - happy. Surgery - happy. Matrimony - happy. Having a child with his husband - happy. Knowing his family had found him - it caused a ten car pile up on his happy highway.

Now he must return to his old town as a new person with a new career, name, husband, and daughter. All so he can resume the destiny that his father had so carefully shaped for him - the precarious life that had driven Daniel away.

766 Reviews

Sat Apr 23, 2022 11:05 pm
Brigadier says...

Index: Blessed by the Rising Road

Chapter 1: The Irish Prayer

I see no reason to celebrate the random timing of natural events by eating poison and singing.
— Dilbert