z

Young Writers Society

Carlito is Noveling

1162 Reviews

Reviews: 1162
Wed Dec 27, 2023 7:45 pm
View Likes
Carlito says...

It's been a busy fall and now it's time to write again!!

Git 'Er Done Crawl

Kickoff part 1 - write for five minutes. After not writing for weeks this is a perfect way to start because right now I'm afraid of this doc. DONE, 102 words! we're back in business!

Kickoff part 2 - lol this crawl is all about not putting off the things you've been procrastinating. It's assuming I've been sedentary in one spot for a long time (RUDE when I'm literally curled up in a blanket in my favorite chair in front of the fire enjoying my breakfast). Now I have to move around for a few minutes. I'm going to throw a still slightly damp blanket that's been air-drying back in the dryer and put away some of the Christmas presents still sitting in the living room :)

Clean up yer' act part 1 - now I need to polish up my word count by writing to the nearest 500. lol I'm at 47963 words so that's 37 words: DONE, 56 words

Clean up yer' act part 2 - lol now I need to polish up something my living space by cleaning something small. I will finish my breakfast and then finish loading the dishwasher! (i cannot over-state how challenging it is to force myself to get up and leave my blanket burrito and the warmth of the fire) I even started the dishwasher! Go me!

Water break part 1 - for every cup, bottle, bowl, thing that can hold water in this room, I have to write 100 words[b]. I... think there's only two things in this room right now? I have a cup and a water bottle next to me, so 200 words: DONE, 239 words

Water break part 2 - now I need to stay hydrated and [b]get some of my preferred writing liquid
. That means refilling my water cup!

Half Time part 1 - this is the best crawl ever. would I watch a marching band during the half time of a football game or now. lol I was in marching band. I wrote a marching band rom com. OBVIOUSLY I would watch the marching band. So I have to write 250 words: DONE, 290 words

Half Time part 2 - I need to have a short social interaction with another human being. OH HUSBANDDDD. time to go bother him for a minute.

Fight Song part 1 - I need to get back in the game and do a song sprint. I'll choose....... I'm so bad at writing when there are words because I just want to listen to the song. so I'm going to pick a song and write for that duration. The song is 2:49, DONE, 140 (literally closed my eyes and hoped for the best like I do for 50-headed hydras. brb fixing typos) 127 after typos :)

Fight Song part 2 - Pick a song and dance or move for the duration of the song. Easy, now I'll actually listen to the song I chose for the last challenge!

Run out the clock part 1 - I have to look at the clock and write until the time is : x0 (like :10, :20, :30, whatever is closest). For me it's currently :38, so I'll write for 2 minutes until it's :40, DONE, 106 words

Run out the clock part 2 - now I have some free time until the next : x0. now it's :43, so I'll keep tidying up Christmas presents for 7 minutes.

After party part 1 - I have to look at all the words I've written, add the digits together, add a zero, write that many words. My total word count is 48775, 4+8+7+7+5 = 31, which means 310 words: DONE, 325

After part part 2 - DONE! enjoy yourself for a while I'm going to count my skating session a little bit ago for this :)

CRAWL TOTAL: 1245, and we're back in the writing groove again :)
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Ask a Therapist!
I want to beta read your novel!

Ask me anything. Talk to me about anything. Seriously. My PM box is always open <3

1162 Reviews

Reviews: 1162
Thu Dec 28, 2023 3:10 pm
Carlito says...

well there's a second one of these so....

Get 'Er Done Crawl 2

Going shopping part 1 - I need to get going with a three digit sprint. My current word count is 49100 (how beautiful is that?!!) so that means a 100 word sprint: DONE, 142 (I was on a roll)

Going shopping part 2 - Go do something helpful. I'm getting hungry so I'm going to warm up my dinner! Leftovers from the 10/10 dinner I made on Christmas :)

Reading the recipe part 1 - Pick a number 1-99, add the digits, multiply by 10, write that many words. I got 86, 8+6 = 14, 140 words: DONE, 179

Reading the recipe part 2 - lol I bet you haven't been up to date lately. Go figure out what's going on in the world and read a news article. read some depressing local news!

Mix it up part 1 - another song sprint. The song I want to use this time is 10:50, so same as last time, writing for that length and will listen/jam to in in the next challenge! DONE, 220 words

Mix it up part 2 - Get moving for another song, anything that gets the blood pumping.

Chocolate chips part 1 - something about how small things are good things, so five minute sprint: DONE, 112

Chocolate chips part 2 - do something that needs to be done outside your novel for five minutes. They have eat on this list and I do have the rest of my breakfast sitting here. (started this crawl last night and am finishing in the morning) :)

In the oven part 1 - numbers other than 0 and 5 need love, so I have to write to the nearest :07 time. LOL it's :46 right now so 1 MINUTE SPRINT, DONE: 50 words

In the oven part 2 - and now a break until the next :07

Cooling down part 1 - winter is coming don't remind me and how much I write next depends on the temperature outside. It's current 39 degrees Fahrenheit, so I have to write 45 words to stay warm: DONE, 60 words

Cooling down part 2 - to stay warm, I have to re-hydrate myself with my favorite writing liquid. Good thing I have my chai latte and a glass of water beside me already!

Cleaning up part 1 - I have to clean up my word count by writing to the nearest 500. My word count is currently 49820, so let's FINALLY TAKE IT TO 50K: DONE, 181

Cleaning up part 2 - Clean something small around me. Dishes. Always dishes.

Party time part 1 - parties take up NaNo time (this crawl was obviously written during nano). Did I have a party in November? I'm thinking back and I don't think I attended any parties in November, so I have to write 400 words: DONE, 412

Party time part 2 - and because parties need friends, time for some social interaction. oh HUSBANDDDDDD.

CRAWL TOTAL: 1356

Another fun one that got me back in the writing groove! :)
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Ask a Therapist!
I want to beta read your novel!

Ask me anything. Talk to me about anything. Seriously. My PM box is always open <3

I think I have thankfully avoided being quoted.
— Lavvie