z

Young Writers Society

Carlito is Noveling

1162 Reviews

Reviews: 1162
Wed Dec 27, 2023 7:45 pm
View Likes
Carlito says...

It's been a busy fall and now it's time to write again!!

Git 'Er Done Crawl

Kickoff part 1 - write for five minutes. After not writing for weeks this is a perfect way to start because right now I'm afraid of this doc. DONE, 102 words! we're back in business!

Kickoff part 2 - lol this crawl is all about not putting off the things you've been procrastinating. It's assuming I've been sedentary in one spot for a long time (RUDE when I'm literally curled up in a blanket in my favorite chair in front of the fire enjoying my breakfast). Now I have to move around for a few minutes. I'm going to throw a still slightly damp blanket that's been air-drying back in the dryer and put away some of the Christmas presents still sitting in the living room :)

Clean up yer' act part 1 - now I need to polish up my word count by writing to the nearest 500. lol I'm at 47963 words so that's 37 words: DONE, 56 words

Clean up yer' act part 2 - lol now I need to polish up something my living space by cleaning something small. I will finish my breakfast and then finish loading the dishwasher! (i cannot over-state how challenging it is to force myself to get up and leave my blanket burrito and the warmth of the fire) I even started the dishwasher! Go me!

Water break part 1 - for every cup, bottle, bowl, thing that can hold water in this room, I have to write 100 words[b]. I... think there's only two things in this room right now? I have a cup and a water bottle next to me, so 200 words: DONE, 239 words

Water break part 2 - now I need to stay hydrated and [b]get some of my preferred writing liquid
. That means refilling my water cup!

Half Time part 1 - this is the best crawl ever. would I watch a marching band during the half time of a football game or now. lol I was in marching band. I wrote a marching band rom com. OBVIOUSLY I would watch the marching band. So I have to write 250 words: DONE, 290 words

Half Time part 2 - I need to have a short social interaction with another human being. OH HUSBANDDDD. time to go bother him for a minute.

Fight Song part 1 - I need to get back in the game and do a song sprint. I'll choose....... I'm so bad at writing when there are words because I just want to listen to the song. so I'm going to pick a song and write for that duration. The song is 2:49, DONE, 140 (literally closed my eyes and hoped for the best like I do for 50-headed hydras. brb fixing typos) 127 after typos :)

Fight Song part 2 - Pick a song and dance or move for the duration of the song. Easy, now I'll actually listen to the song I chose for the last challenge!

Run out the clock part 1 - I have to look at the clock and write until the time is : x0 (like :10, :20, :30, whatever is closest). For me it's currently :38, so I'll write for 2 minutes until it's :40, DONE, 106 words

Run out the clock part 2 - now I have some free time until the next : x0. now it's :43, so I'll keep tidying up Christmas presents for 7 minutes.

After party part 1 - I have to look at all the words I've written, add the digits together, add a zero, write that many words. My total word count is 48775, 4+8+7+7+5 = 31, which means 310 words: DONE, 325

After part part 2 - DONE! enjoy yourself for a while I'm going to count my skating session a little bit ago for this :)

CRAWL TOTAL: 1245, and we're back in the writing groove again :)
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Ask a Therapist!
I want to beta read your novel!

Ask me anything. Talk to me about anything. Seriously. My PM box is always open <3

1162 Reviews

Reviews: 1162
Thu Dec 28, 2023 3:10 pm
Carlito says...

well there's a second one of these so....

Get 'Er Done Crawl 2

Going shopping part 1 - I need to get going with a three digit sprint. My current word count is 49100 (how beautiful is that?!!) so that means a 100 word sprint: DONE, 142 (I was on a roll)

Going shopping part 2 - Go do something helpful. I'm getting hungry so I'm going to warm up my dinner! Leftovers from the 10/10 dinner I made on Christmas :)

Reading the recipe part 1 - Pick a number 1-99, add the digits, multiply by 10, write that many words. I got 86, 8+6 = 14, 140 words: DONE, 179

Reading the recipe part 2 - lol I bet you haven't been up to date lately. Go figure out what's going on in the world and read a news article. read some depressing local news!

Mix it up part 1 - another song sprint. The song I want to use this time is 10:50, so same as last time, writing for that length and will listen/jam to in in the next challenge! DONE, 220 words

Mix it up part 2 - Get moving for another song, anything that gets the blood pumping.

Chocolate chips part 1 - something about how small things are good things, so five minute sprint: DONE, 112

Chocolate chips part 2 - do something that needs to be done outside your novel for five minutes. They have eat on this list and I do have the rest of my breakfast sitting here. (started this crawl last night and am finishing in the morning) :)

In the oven part 1 - numbers other than 0 and 5 need love, so I have to write to the nearest :07 time. LOL it's :46 right now so 1 MINUTE SPRINT, DONE: 50 words

In the oven part 2 - and now a break until the next :07

Cooling down part 1 - winter is coming don't remind me and how much I write next depends on the temperature outside. It's current 39 degrees Fahrenheit, so I have to write 45 words to stay warm: DONE, 60 words

Cooling down part 2 - to stay warm, I have to re-hydrate myself with my favorite writing liquid. Good thing I have my chai latte and a glass of water beside me already!

Cleaning up part 1 - I have to clean up my word count by writing to the nearest 500. My word count is currently 49820, so let's FINALLY TAKE IT TO 50K: DONE, 181

Cleaning up part 2 - Clean something small around me. Dishes. Always dishes.

Party time part 1 - parties take up NaNo time (this crawl was obviously written during nano). Did I have a party in November? I'm thinking back and I don't think I attended any parties in November, so I have to write 400 words: DONE, 412

Party time part 2 - and because parties need friends, time for some social interaction. oh HUSBANDDDDDD.

CRAWL TOTAL: 1356

Another fun one that got me back in the writing groove! :)
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Ask a Therapist!
I want to beta read your novel!

Ask me anything. Talk to me about anything. Seriously. My PM box is always open <3

More than anything she wanted the world to be uncomplicated, for right and wrong to be as easily divided as the black and white sections of an Oreo. But the world was not a cookie.
— Roshani Chokshi, Aru Shah and the Tree of Wishes