z

Young Writers Society

Looking for a Novel Buddy!

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:53 pm
Nymeria says...

Hey all! Hopefully this is the right place to post this :)

I am currently working on a novel that is a modern YA retelling of Hamlet, and I’m very proud of myself for making it 60k words into a first draft with only about a quarter (or third?) of the story left to go. I’m very motivated to finish this draft and do some hardcore editing and revising (it’s very rough).

I want to find someone who is also working on a novel so that we can read each other’s stuff and bounce ideas off each other and motivate each other. I just said “each other” way too many times.

Does that sound good to anyone?

I don’t really care what your novel is about, I’ll read pretty much anything! (Though I might struggle through a story that is strictly romance).

My Hamlet project contains some violence and mentions of suicide (because it’s Hamlet lol) and LGBT+ themes.

Okay, I guess that’s all I have to say... This feels kinda awkward haha.

Let me know if you’re interested!

Nymeria
“You do know you could find yourselves charged with being a dominant species while under the influence of impulse-driven consumerism, don’t you?”
- Good Omens by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett

70 Reviews

Reviews: 70
Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:09 pm
View Likes
Euphory says...

Hiii, Euphoria here!

There are multiple reasons I would love to work with you!: one, I'm always meaning to read Shakespeare's plays more often so collabbing with you would mean I have a wonderful excuse to read Hamlet! Second, it's been a while since I wrote anything BIG so I'd love to get back into the novel game!

Your novel seems really awesome so far eeeeeee and I have no objections to it! Mine is one I'm still prepping for and haven't started yet...I guess that would kinda make me ineligible XD I'm starting in November though for #NaNo ! (And my story isn't romance so don't worry!)

I think the only setback that I see would be the timezones <|3 so I would love to know your timezone, if you are okay with sharing it, so that I could see if I'm free at the time you are! I follow IST (Indian Standard Time)
Viola Tricolor also known as wild pansy, Johnny Jump up, heartsease, heart's ease, heart's delight, tickle-my-fancy, Jack-jump-up-and-kiss-me, come-and-cuddle-me, three faces in a hood, love-in-idleness, and pink of my john-

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:29 pm
Nymeria says...

Hi Euphoria! I think we could make this work ;) I'll PM you!
“You do know you could find yourselves charged with being a dominant species while under the influence of impulse-driven consumerism, don’t you?”
- Good Omens by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett

I think the best thing about making it into the quote generator is when nobody tells you, so one day you're just scrolling and voila, some phenomenally inane thing that crawled out of your dying synapses and immediately regretted being born the second it made contact with the air has been archived for all time. Or worse, a remark of only average inanity. Never tell me when you've put me in the generator. Pride-tinged regret just doesn't taste the same without the spice of surprise.
— SirenCymbaline