z

Young Writers Society

What are your comp titles?

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:30 am
View Likes
Vervain says...

Comp titles, or comparison titles, are used in the writing industry to compare your work (usually a novel) to another work (usually another novel) -- to show that you know your audience and the tone of your novel. It can be really hard to find comparison titles for a work, but it's a good thing to know.

General tips: Comp titles shouldn't be too old (published within the last 2 years is the best), and they shouldn't be runaway overnight successes (yes, we know, you've written the next Harry Potter--sure).

So what's your work like, and what are the comparison titles you've found or come up with for it?
stay off the faerie paths

1162 Reviews

Reviews: 1162
Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:47 am
View Likes
Carlito says...

My comp titles for Captive were If I Stay by Gayle Forman meets Stolen by Lucy Christopher.

My comp title for Liz + Zac is Firsts by Laurie Elizabeth Flynn.

All the others... I'm still figuring it out :)
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Ask a Therapist!
I want to beta read your novel!

Ask me anything. Talk to me about anything. Seriously. My PM box is always open <3

"The trouble with Borrowing another mind was, you always felt out of place when you got back to your own body, and Granny was the first person ever to read the mind of a building. Now she was feeling big and gritty and full of passages. 'Are you all right?' Granny nodded, and opened her windows. She extended her east and west wings and tried to concentrate on the tiny cup held in her pillars."
— Terry Pratchett, Discworld: Equal Rites