Young Writers Society

Slate and Earth

74 Reviews

Reviews: 74
Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:47 am
View Likes
Sachiko says...

Lauren! Lauren!! Lauren!!!

So. As you know. I'm fully obsessed with this concept and also ANA!!!! I already have an extreme fondness of her, if she's a recycled character from that other project??? Either way, I love her name, and I love her.

Can I just say also that I love how the background comes from poetry. Your poetry was so A+ this year, and I love how it's informing this project. Like, the poem with the line "breaker two
something has distracted
the sentinel"

is just SO GOOD. The sentinel. <3 I already adore her. (I don't know if this is a love story or not i'm hoping it is, and if it is, I'm SO into the concept of otherworldly, ageless wonders falling in love).

Also I have a desperate need to know more about Sebastian, who lives on A MIRROR LAKE? Tending his RADIO. I love him. I also had a much more sinister view of him, which has righted itself and I can't wait to get to know him more. I can't wait for this book. It's going to be amazing. <3
"Funniest Member -- Sachiko. Secretly the devil. Do not engage. I repeat, do not engage." -- Iggy

"Behold ye babes of grammar: the goddess Sachiko. She does what she wants." -- Lauren2010

74 Reviews

Reviews: 74
Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:57 am
View Likes
Sachiko says...

Hi hello I'm here again! I gotta say I LOVE that Ana isn't able to practice magic the same way that Esther does. It just ties into the fact that so much of this sort of thing is personal to the person who practices it.

The first thing that comes to immediate mind is how people would carry things with them to keep from getting turned around by fairies? Like obviously there are no fairies here, but I do like the thought of Ana carrying tokens--maybe buttons or something??--with her for some sort of protection. From what? Who knows!

Something else I think could be interesting, maybe, and this might not even be what you're looking for!! but maybe some form of bibliomancy might be interesting? A lot of the time it's done with the bible, but maybe old books of poetry would be a nice touch.

Something ELSE that might be interesting too, is the concept of a "shrine" (For lack of a better phrase); moreso just a place to keep small special things that are important to that person. Maybe Ana could implement something like that and use it as a base for her magic?

I may have more thoughts tomorrow!!
"Funniest Member -- Sachiko. Secretly the devil. Do not engage. I repeat, do not engage." -- Iggy

"Behold ye babes of grammar: the goddess Sachiko. She does what she wants." -- Lauren2010

541 Reviews

Reviews: 541
Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:01 am
Lauren2010 says...

@Sachiko I love all of that!!! I don't know if I'll use any of it exactly, though I do love the books of poetry for bibliomancy type magic!!, but it's definitely GETTING ME THINKING.

Thank friend <3
Got YWS?

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.
— Plato