z

Young Writers Society

Editors needed!

200 Reviews

Reviews: 200
Tue May 29, 2018 2:41 am
kman134 says...

I need an editor for my project Magician's Wars.

If you are familiar with manga and anime and likes urban fantasy, then this might be the one story for you.

Editor must: Have google drive and Microsoft word, be actively suggesting edits, offer advice and able to work more than one chapter, must be passionate of writing, and must be able to cooperate. These demands are non-negotiable.

351 Reviews

Reviews: 351
Tue May 29, 2018 2:50 am
Kanome says...

Hmm. How many people you need for this project?
PROTECTOR OF LIGHT
Knight of the Green Room

200 Reviews

Tue May 29, 2018 3:16 am
kman134 says...

One, or two. that's a reasonable number.

1162 Reviews

Reviews: 1162
Tue May 29, 2018 3:16 am
Carlito says...

Can you give a paragraph or two of what it's about?
I like some fantasy, but it's not always a good fit for me.
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Ask a Therapist!
I want to beta read your novel!

Ask me anything. Talk to me about anything. Seriously. My PM box is always open <3

351 Reviews

Reviews: 351
Tue May 29, 2018 3:18 am
Kanome says...

I do like manga and anime plus fantasy. I can definitely help you out if you want my help.
PROTECTOR OF LIGHT
Knight of the Green Room

200 Reviews

Tue May 29, 2018 3:20 am
kman134 says...

Here's the first few paragraphs just to give you some insight on what it's about.

Chapter 1

The mid-morning sun shined onto my face while I jogged up the streets. My track shorts were starting to ride up against me and my legs felt like they were about to give out since I had been running for about an hour from one street to another. I watched cars passing by me as they headed for work down the street. Once I reached the end of the street, I stopped to catch my breath, bending over with my hands on my knees while I felt the cold air stinging my lungs. Taking a deep breath, I rested for about 3 minutes while I leaned against a street sign. I looked at my watch and saw that it was a quarter pass seven, which meant I only had an hour and thirty minutes to get home and get ready.

I didn’t have enough time to make it. So, making sure that I was alone and no one was watching, I clasped my hands together and concentrated.

“Nunc relinquo et revertuter in terran suam!”

In a matter of seconds, an aura of ethereal green energy consumed me and, in a flash, I was completely gone from River Street. When using magic, it’s best to not be seen, but also to make sure you have enough physical stamina to do it. Everything around me was green and illuminating like being inside a lava lamp. My entire body had dissipated into matter and flew around like a big ball like a Kamehameha ball from DBZ. I arrived at my destination as I stood in front of the front door of a Victorian-style terraced house. I walked in and closed it behind me before taking off my shoes and leaving them beside the entranceway.

I smelled the fumes of bacon and eggs in the air, but I didn’t concern about it at the moment while I climbed up the staircase and headed to my room at the end of the second-floor hallway. I grabbed whatever clothes I needed—a red shirt and jeans—and headed to the bathroom where I showered and got dressed.

I looked into the mirror while I combed my black hair. Despite all my jogging and weight-lifting, I still had the same lanky body as I always do, which made me feel a little self-conscious.

A snowball in the face is surely the perfect beginning to a lasting friendship.
— Markus Zusak, The Book Thief