z

Young Writers Society

Who's afraid of the snow?

79 Reviews

Reviews: 79
Sat Apr 21, 2007 12:08 pm
Cpt. Smurf says...

Yes, well done! That's probably the hardest part done! Tell us all when it's published!

-Kaz
There's always been a lot of tension between Lois and me, and it's not so much that I want to kill her, it's just, I want her to not be alive anymore.

~Stewie Griffin

506 Reviews

Reviews: 506
Sat Apr 21, 2007 1:56 pm
Sureal says...

Oh yeah, [rude word]ing awesome! That's just so cool. When it finally comes out - and I'm sure it will, given the overwhelmingly positive response from agents - I'll be sure to pick up a copy. Hah, I bet a fair number of copies will sell just through YWS, and then through word of mouth.

But given the lengthy publishing process, it'll probably still be a fair number of months before it's released. :( Still, keep us updated with any further developments.
I wrote the above just for you.

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Sat Apr 21, 2007 4:02 pm
Firestarter says...

That's amazing Brad. I actually just grinned like crazy. I can't to see Ch in print, and will get however much it costs to ship it to the UK.

Anyway, well done dude. You deserve it!
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

145 Reviews

Reviews: 145
Sat Apr 21, 2007 4:21 pm
Skye says...

That is utterly fantastic, Brad! Congratulations! :D
"A poet in love is best encouraged in both capacities or neither." ~ Jane Austen, Emma.

402 Reviews

Reviews: 402
Sat Apr 21, 2007 4:59 pm
Wiggy says...

BRADNESS!!!! *throws party balloons*

Man, that's AWESOME!!!!! I grinned like crazy too. I'm sooo happy for you! You gotta get published...you just gotta.

Congratumalations, once again. :D
"I will have to tell you, you have bewitched me body and soul..." --Mr. Darcy, P & P, 2005 movie
"You pierce my soul." --Cpt. Frederick Wentworth

Got YWS?

155 Reviews

Reviews: 155
Sat Apr 21, 2007 5:06 pm
Prokaryote says...

That's awesome, Brad! :D Major kudos.

Prokaryote

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Sat Apr 21, 2007 8:32 pm
LowKey says...

My mom wants you to go to Writer's Market:
http://writersmarket.com/
And if you havn't already, get a username and password. She says they have excellent tips on getting published.
Necropolis SB / Necropolis DT

Once was Dreamer, is now LowKey_Lyesmith.

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.

506 Reviews

Reviews: 506
Sat Apr 21, 2007 10:06 pm
Sureal says...

He doesn't really need that now - his agent will deal with all the stuff: sending off submissions to publishers, recieving responses, engaging in negotiations, making sure he gets the best possible deal, etc.

All the legwork and legal details are carried out by agents, leaving the author time to write and promote their books.

Looks like a nice site though. If they didn't charge, I'd sign up.
Last edited by Sureal on Sat Apr 21, 2007 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I wrote the above just for you.

402 Reviews

Reviews: 402
Sat Apr 21, 2007 10:52 pm
Wiggy says...

Same here, Sureal. They send me stuff, but I can't use it because I don't have the money to sign up!
"I will have to tell you, you have bewitched me body and soul..." --Mr. Darcy, P & P, 2005 movie
"You pierce my soul." --Cpt. Frederick Wentworth

Got YWS?

563 Reviews

Reviews: 563
Sun Apr 22, 2007 1:27 am
Writersdomain says...

Congrats, Brad!! :D

I'll be looking for Chionophobia when it is released.
~ WD
If you desire a review from WD, post here

"All I know, all I'm saying, is that a story finds a storyteller. Not the other way around." ~Neverwas

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Thu Apr 26, 2007 1:48 am
Meshugenah says...

SQUEE!

I didn't see this until just now, but GO BRAD!

And yes, tell keep us updated!

(and yes, I will be sending my copy(ies) to you so you can sign them once I get my hands on a copy or few)
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

915 Reviews

Reviews: 915
Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:16 am
Incandescence says...

Update: It's been quite a while since I notified everyone of the going-ons with the publishing world. As for now, all three novels in the trilogy -- Chionophobia, Prosthesis, and Melnikov -- are complete. Chionophobia, however, has entered into so-called "development Hell": this is where so many editors begin fighting over a story and charging the publisher editing fees out the wazoo that it becomes fiscally impossible to publish: simply because the projected number of sells is not enough to overcome the fees already charged as well as meet the minimal profit margin demanded by the publisher. It's maddening, but I suppose I've come to accept it, at least.

Towards other goals, I have nothing but bland and boring projects set out. You might not want to glimpse these for too long, as cachexia is eventually fatal to a body. But they are, nonetheless:

Potato in the Orchard: a humorous if perhaps otherwise drab memoir-like tale about a young boy who is incapable of feeling emotion. Raised in a household of bizarre interests, he struggles to "fit in" and understand his past.

(see? didn't I tell you? b.o.r.i.n.g.)

And also:

Bethlehem: an alternative history screenplay that studies the use of magic, spirit and reason in a post-apocalyptic world, circa 1919.

--Bethlehem has been sent to some woman at HBO for rejection.

I read other people's Writer's Corner posts, and I see all this talk of not being able to give up writing because other people are expecting some story.

Where art thou expectant ones? Accountability partners, where do you hide!?

816 Reviews

Reviews: 816
Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:39 pm
Leja says...

I think Bethlehem would be interesting to read if you ever posted it. Dunno if that makes me expectant of that story or not, but whatever *is dramatic* so don't give up, Incand :wink:

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:47 pm
Emerson says...

Well.... I'm looking forward to CMP getting published! I suppose I'm an accountability partner, though, a bad one at that. XD

I really wish they'd stop fighting over it and just publish it. And I want to see Bethlehem!!!
β€œIt's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:17 am
Jiggity says...

Well goodluck with the novel/acreenplay majiggy, it would be awesome if you got published. Getting this far alone, is an achievement in itself!

Well, kinda anyway.

Potatoes is funny enough, hahaha, am enjoying that, but Bethlehem sounds reall interesting so get that up here asap.

Cheers.
Mah name is jiggleh. And I like to jiggle.

"Indecision and terror, thy name is novel." - Chiko

I am and always will be optimist, the hoper of far-flung hopes, the dreamer of improbable dreams.
— 11th Doctor