z

Young Writers Society

A Little Whimsical in the Brain Pan

531 Reviews

Reviews: 531
Thu Sep 27, 2007 12:06 am
Caligula's Launderette says...

So, the low-down on what I am working on now.

Guttersnipe -- It is coming along, pretty well. Fencing is rather laborious to write, but I will be emailing IMP soon for some help.

Hedgewitch -- I have written the first part of chapter two and all of chapter three, but there is a gap between the two that I need to figure out what happens.

Time Stitch -- This is my NaNo for this year. Also, it is the sequel to Guttersnipe. It involves a wedding, Regan going to prison, the Fortress, Polish royalty, a stuffed moose named Idzi, ATLAS, and Archie saving the day.

Fox Feet -- I got some really good inspiration brain wave thingies on this lately. Working on the first chapter which involves Johnny at a hanging at Newgate, meeting with new boss, meeting with old boss, and then Isaac.

Parole or How Kissing Kate Crowley Became Part of Grenville's Merry Band of Spies -- This is a short story based on the character Kate from Fox Feet 'verse who is recruited by Grenville to work as a spy in the early 1800s, England.

Grave Girl -- Got some brain waves on this and it is going through a revamp. Tis is excited I am writing her again.

Oh, and there will be more fanmixes.

Chowder,
Cal.
Fraser: Stop stealing the blanket.
[Diefenbaker whines]
Fraser: You're an Arctic Wolf, for God's sake.
(Due South)

Hatter: Do I need a reason to help a pretty girl in a very wet dress? (Alice)

Got YWS?

531 Reviews

Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:23 pm

Wow. I haven't posted anything here in awhile.

Writerly Things
    > Guttersnipe -- I am working on chapter five, hopefully I will finish it very, very soon. I also edited the first four chapters recently. GS El-Jay = therhymer@livejournal

> Time Stitch (Sequel to Guttersnipe) -- I have written the first two chapters, and started working on the third, which involves a dream sequence and a room with thirteen clocks and no doors. TS El-Jay = timestitch@livejournal

> Hedgewitch -- I have finally closed the gap between the chapters.

> Grave Girl -- I finished chapter five, the only chapter I have really written. But, I sketched out a beginning.

> Palindrome -- This is one of my new things. I have the plot sketched out and a few characters fleshified. It is about Michaela Pleasant who is a Private Investigator in San Diego, who just happens to be a witch.

> Fox Feet -- Johnny and the rest wait on hold, till brain waves come back. FF El-jay = foxfeet@livejournal

> Heroine Addiction -- This was my 2006 NaNo and I have been editing in hope of filling in some of the gaps. HA El-jay = heroinediction.livejournal

> Brier Gods -- This is also on hold till brain waves come back. El-jay = briergods@livejournal

> The Victorian Girl's Illustrated Primer -- My newest writerly endevour. Agatha is a young girl who finds a Primer in an old bookstore. When she opens the primer and reads the words on the first page it transports her back in time to Victorian, England. She is adopted by Robert Ilian. The story starts six years or so later when her adoptive father dies and Agatha is left alone to fend off suitors and Robert's long lost brother. I have a beginning, which is nice.

> Widow Logic (Sequel to Heroine Addiction) -- This sequel to HA has been in my head since I started HA. It begins just after Margo's husband dies. She is still stuck in the past, but someone is out to get her.

Musical Things (Fanmixes)

I will be posting these in the near future.
    > The Trouble We've Come to Know - a fanmix for Suzanne's Death Machine.

> Inverted Compass -- a fanmix for Sam's The Something Beneath the Stairs.

> Pulling the Gentle Out -- a fanmix for my Guttersnipe characters Regan and Archie.

> Big Gorram Heroes -- a fanmix for Firefly.

> A Stitch in Time -- a fanmix for my Guttersnipe.

Ta,
Cal.
[Diefenbaker whines]
(Due South)

Got YWS?

531 Reviews

Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:30 am

w00t!

I finally got my internet connection to cooperate and posted Inverted Compass for Sam.

Check it out.

:D

Ta,
Cal.
[Diefenbaker whines]
(Due South)

Got YWS?

531 Reviews

Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:25 pm

If you are wondering about fanmixes or proper critiques, go here: Cal's Fanmix and Proper Critique Central

Ta,
Cal.
[Diefenbaker whines]
(Due South)

Got YWS?

531 Reviews

Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:26 pm

I have gotten a lot of brainwaves on this new poetry thing I have going. I thought I'd forgotten how to write poetry, it seems I haven't. They are based on things we have been going over in my Developmental Psychology class. The first on Piaget, the second on Erikson.

Play House

Stage Theory
    I. Hands and Palms
    II. Mental Manipulation
    III. Boy in the Bubble
    IV. Industrial Revolution
    V. Identity IQ
    VI. Touch Touch, Bang Bang
    VII. Fallow
    VIII. Prime Numbers

Whee!

Ta,
Cal.
[Diefenbaker whines]
(Due South)

Got YWS?

531 Reviews

Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:42 pm

Posted the second part of Play House.

:D
[Diefenbaker whines]
(Due South)

Got YWS?

Follow your passion. Stay true to yourself. Never follow someone else's path unless you're in the woods and you're lost and you see a path. By all means, you should follow that.
— Ellen DeGeneres