z

Young Writers Society

A quote to start your book

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:53 pm
Embroswyn15 says...

I put in a paragraph from Dr. Jekyll and Mr.Hyde in the book I'm working on. Here it is:
“It was on the moral side, and in my own person, that I learned to recognise the thorough and primitive duality of man; I saw that, of the two natures that contended in the field of my consciousness, even if I could rightly be said to be either, it was only because I was radically both; and from an early date ... I had learned to dwell with pleasure, as a beloved daydream, on the thought of the separation of these elements.”
From “Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde”
Don't tell me you love me unless you really mean it because I might do something crazy like believe it.

The Story or Esme Cullen: A Series

35 Reviews

Reviews: 35
Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:00 pm
Lilith says...

I've did this for several of my earlier short pieces. Normally, I the quote had some sort of part in inspiring the peice or it was something that i stumbled along during the writing process.
Duffy -- "Watch out for Jesse, he wants what he can't have."
Emily -- "Oh boy, he can have me."
Duffy -- "Figures..."

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:14 pm
Tyd says...

I'm not too sure about putting in other peoples quotes, but i have written a few of my own to start off a chapter
As is a tale, so is life; not how long it is, but how good it is.

It is dangerous to be right in matters on which the established authorities are wrong.
— Voltaire