z

Young Writers Society

The Nameless Novel: Vote for a beginning!

Which idea do you like the best?

Idea #1
60%
Idea #2
No votes
Idea #3
20%
None of them!
10%
(I've posted my own idea)
10%

Total votes : 10

602 Reviews

Reviews: 602
Wed Feb 06, 2008 1:52 am
Wolf says...

I know double-posting should be avoided, but...

.:UPDATE:.
I had a new idea! Guinevere (a denizen of the kingdom) could come to Earth, and become a student at Ayra's school. Guinevere would not be aware of Ayra's masking charm (it would be too strong still) but Ayra would be curious about her. (Of course, Guinevere would have a masking charm too.)
Anyways. Guinevere would seem to be uninterested in Ayra, but then Ayra would find Guinevere's diary/journal thing. It would be filled with stuff about the kingdom... (I haven't thought of any more.)

So what do you think? I think this idea could work... for some reason, I have a really strong impulse to start writing it now. :)

Cheers,
Camille
everything i loved
became everything i lost.

Would you like a review?
http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/topic73903.html

441 Reviews

Reviews: 441
Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:00 am
Gwenevire says...

Guinevere?!
Thats my name! *dies*

220 Reviews

Reviews: 220
Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:08 am
Sleeping Valor says...

Personally, that last idea with the new student seems very...anime-ish to me. I've seen a lot of animes where new characters from other worlds infiltrate by becoming students.

However, that said, there is potential in that idea. If you can make it work, then go with it. I don't think I've actually ever seen it in a book, so it's not really cliche and as I said before (I think), it's all about making the idea yours. So carry on! Impulses are fun to follow, worst that can happen is you don't like how the idea works out and you try a new one. =P

As for the journal idea (both the one where it's her parents, or Guin's), I'm not so sure. Sounds kind of...well why would Guin, being from another world and no doubt not wanting to be found out, be leaving her diary anywhere that someone could find it? If you use the idea, be sure to make her work for the discovery, otherwise it will seem very convenient (as for how you will then get her to the kingdom...good luck. I have no idea how to make the transition)
I'm like that song stuck in your head; I come and I go, but never truly dissapear.

And apparently I also write a blog.

602 Reviews

Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:31 pm
Wolf says...

Guinevere?!
Thats my name! *dies*

Haha, in a way. A couple years ago at Sutton, I was planning to write a fan-fic for the Arthurian legends and I was using the name 'Guinevere'. I mentioned it and you decided to you use it too, remember? But teh spelling is different... right? *meekness*

Personally, that last idea with the new student seems very...anime-ish to me. I've seen a lot of animes where new characters from other worlds infiltrate by becoming students.

*frowns* Ack! I've never seen an anime, but... oh well. :(

However, that said, there is potential in that idea. If you can make it work, then go with it. I don't think I've actually ever seen it in a book, so it's not really cliche and as I said before (I think), it's all about making the idea yours. So carry on! Impulses are fun to follow, worst that can happen is you don't like how the idea works out and you try a new one. =P

As for the journal idea (both the one where it's her parents, or Guin's), I'm not so sure. Sounds kind of...well why would Guin, being from another world and no doubt not wanting to be found out, be leaving her diary anywhere that someone could find it? If you use the idea, be sure to make her work for the discovery, otherwise it will seem very convenient (as for how you will then get her to the kingdom...good luck. I have no idea how to make the transition)

Thanks! :) I think I'm going to try out the Guin/diary idea. I think Ayra would be sorting around in Guinevere's stuff, being a snoop - maybe she thinks Guin took something of hers - and she would find it? I'm not sure. =p

But anyways, thanks for your input! I really appreciate it.

Cheers,
Camille
everything i loved

Would you like a review?

441 Reviews

Reviews: 441
Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:47 pm
Gwenevire says...

No I remember wen I first started writing my novel I decided to name my name charactr Gwenevire because it was the name of someones bird that I met!
Then you told me your characters name!
Gr! *strangles*

602 Reviews

Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:18 pm
Wolf says...

Hehe...
... but I'm not changing my character's name, unfortunately. >.>

Does anyone else have something to say? Please?! I haven't started yet, but I'll do that tonight. Maybe I'll post it on YWS...

Cheers,
Camille
everything i loved

Would you like a review?

gonna be honest, i dont believe in the moon
— sheyren