z

Young Writers Society

Charlotte's Paper Bin

168 Reviews

Reviews: 168
Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:53 pm
Swottielottie says...

Well, my problem is I have too many ideas, too many unfinished stories and a crappy novel with thirteen chapters that I just started again and am only on the second chapter. I have no idea what to write, start or finish... Little help?

NOVEL! (Yay! Caps.)

Ellima and the cerulean Crystal.
The most I have ever written. But I currently have writers block and I think I am getting worse at writing. I'm a little bored of the story too.

Victoria
This strange idea I had and I don't know if I'll ever bother finishing it.

Undead

This vampire story i wanted to make into a novel.

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:14 pm
Tyd says...

Maybe if you expand on the story behind the books your writing, you might find a little motivation there? Explaining things and talking about ideas always helps me motivate myself :P
As is a tale, so is life; not how long it is, but how good it is.

661 Reviews

Reviews: 661
Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:11 pm
Jasmine Hart says...

What I'd do is, I'd choose one project, set myself a daily, weekly or monthly target, and then write like a lunatic, no reading back over it, no changing things, just words on paper. Than I'd put it away, maybe move onto my next project (preferably a less daunting, shorter one, like a short story or a couple of poems), and come back to it in a few months, edit, adandon it, and then go back and edit/rewrite. Hope this helps.
"Just like moons and like suns,
With the certainty of tides,
Just like hopes springing high,
Still I'll rise."
-Maya Angelou

160 Reviews

Reviews: 160
Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:40 pm
Krupp says...

If you've got writers block, I wish you luck in throwing it off. I had that for pretty much all of 2007 except in December when I started writing my book, which i finished a few weeks ago..

The only solution to getting rid of it (although others might disagree with this) don't bother writing unless you feel absolutely compelled to do so. And if you can't write anything for your book, then read through it and just imagine all of the things you could do. And if THAT doesn't work then get into poetry. It worked for me.
I'm advertising here: Rosetta...A Determinism of Morality...out May 25th...2010 album of the year, without question.

168 Reviews

Reviews: 168
Mon Apr 07, 2008 6:01 pm
Swottielottie says...

Thanks for the advice everyone!

There is no quiet. There is only Doc McStuffins.
— Ron Swanson