z

Young Writers Society

A quote to start your book

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:53 pm
Embroswyn15 says...

I put in a paragraph from Dr. Jekyll and Mr.Hyde in the book I'm working on. Here it is:
“It was on the moral side, and in my own person, that I learned to recognise the thorough and primitive duality of man; I saw that, of the two natures that contended in the field of my consciousness, even if I could rightly be said to be either, it was only because I was radically both; and from an early date ... I had learned to dwell with pleasure, as a beloved daydream, on the thought of the separation of these elements.”
From “Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde”
Don't tell me you love me unless you really mean it because I might do something crazy like believe it.

The Story or Esme Cullen: A Series

35 Reviews

Reviews: 35
Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:00 pm
Lilith says...

I've did this for several of my earlier short pieces. Normally, I the quote had some sort of part in inspiring the peice or it was something that i stumbled along during the writing process.
Duffy -- "Watch out for Jesse, he wants what he can't have."
Emily -- "Oh boy, he can have me."
Duffy -- "Figures..."

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:14 pm
Tyd says...

I'm not too sure about putting in other peoples quotes, but i have written a few of my own to start off a chapter
As is a tale, so is life; not how long it is, but how good it is.

The illiterate of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write, but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn.
— Alvin Toffler