z

Young Writers Society

Matt's Little Writing Corner

558 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 558
Sun Sep 16, 2007 9:50 pm
Matt Bellamy says...

Hello! This is my first time posting in this part of the forum, because I've had a veeery long period of barely writing anything. Now, I have an idea I am determined to stick with, and I will complete it, and it will be a novel, and it will be good.

So.
This story is about a twin boy and girl who live in some kind of old fantasy type country with their foster parents. On their eighteenth birthday they are given a letter left to them by their parents explaining the regret of having to leave them, and so they go on a journey to find their parents. Each person they are led to directs them to the place they think they could be, or where they were last seen, and tells them a little more about them. But they begin to discover that their parents might not be the people they are hoping for, and when the stories they heard turn out to be true, the twins are disillusioned.
I'm not sure how it will end...they meet their parents, and then they check in with their foster parents to tell them of their adventures, and maybe they continue travelling, or on their travels they were inspired by religion or a need to help people, and so continue to travel for that reason. I don't know.

Tonight I drew the twins, so now I have a better idea about them, and I have a rough plan of what's going to happen, apart from the ending. I also need to think of a title...I'll keep you posted!
Matt.

Got Tumblr? Me too! http://www.writersam.co.uk

Peeking Cat Poetry Magazine is accepting submissions! http://peekingcatpoetrymagazine.blogspot.co.uk

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Mon Sep 17, 2007 5:23 pm
Rydia says...

Well you caught my attention as soon as you mentioned twins. Lol. I'm very fond of twins and I think some of the best characters throughout literature have been twins (fred and george one of the more recent examples) but yeah, keep us posted and I'm sure you'll think of an ending before you get there. Afterall, you can't get to the end if you have no end to get to. Lol.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

241 Reviews

Reviews: 241
Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:07 am
lyrical_sunshine says...

nice. sounds cool. a familiar idea but not cliche. good luck!
“We’re still here,” he says, his voice cold, his hands shaking. “We know how to be invisible, how to play dead. But at the end of the day, we are still here.” ~Dax

Teacher: "What do we do with adjectives in Spanish?"
S: "We eat them!"

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:10 pm
jonny911 says...

great idea! I'd read it!
"Son, what do you want to be when you grow up?"
"A felon!"
"Are you sure?"
"Yah! This kid at school says they get all the girls!"
"I should try that..."

531 Reviews

Reviews: 531
Fri Oct 05, 2007 4:05 am
View Likes
Caligula's Launderette says...

I love dealing with twins. Sounds like fun.

;)
Fraser: Stop stealing the blanket.
[Diefenbaker whines]
Fraser: You're an Arctic Wolf, for God's sake.
(Due South)

Hatter: Do I need a reason to help a pretty girl in a very wet dress? (Alice)

Got YWS?

558 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 558
Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:33 pm
Matt Bellamy says...

A little late, but I've posted a very rough draft of the prologue and first chapter here: topic26804.html
I'm thinking about changing it so that their parents are living in a strange, out of control city, like rapture in Bioshock if you're familiar with the game. But I have no proper ideas for that yet, and still no ending.
Matt.

Got Tumblr? Me too! http://www.writersam.co.uk

Peeking Cat Poetry Magazine is accepting submissions! http://peekingcatpoetrymagazine.blogspot.co.uk

Follow your passion, stay true to yourself, never follow someone else’s path unless you’re in the woods and you’re lost and you see a path then by all means you should follow that.
— Ellen Degeneres