z

Young Writers Society

Music and Writing

73 Reviews

Reviews: 73
Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:48 pm
deleted1 says...

Many people like to write without distraction or anything bothering them, focusing their thoughts or something comes better to them that way? Well I disagree, I personally love and put out my best work when listening to heavy power metal, symphonic and battle metal for my fantasy stories.

Examples of them:

The ENTIRE Insurgency Album (non-stop writing for 24 hours lol)
Dragonforce - Any song they play.
Nightwish - Beauty of the Beast, Fantasmic, Ghost Love Score.
Sabaton - Wolfpack, Primo Victoria, Attero Dominatus
Savage Cirus - Evil Eyes
Blind Guardian - Bard's Song.

Also about anything on Live365's Epic Rock Radio and Warrior Radio.

So you music and writing addicts come out and tell everyone what you listen to when you write!

516 Reviews

Reviews: 516
Thu Oct 25, 2007 6:04 am
chocoholic says...

I can write any piece of writing to any piece of music, apart from poetry in which there has to be silence.

I will listen to anything, but usually stuff I know the lyrics to because I love singing. Kelly Clarkson and Christina Aguilera are usually what I listen too, but I've started listening to Amy Pearson a lot. Really whatever I feel like putting on.
*Don't expect to see me around much in the next couple of weeks. School has started again, and it'll be a couple of weeks before I've settled in. If you've asked me for a critique, you will get it, but not for a little while. Sorry*

29 Reviews

Reviews: 29
Fri Oct 26, 2007 9:32 pm
Luxor says...

E Nomine and some Rammstein songs really get my creative juices flowing. I've written a whole short story (22 pages, but short by comparsion) based on their song "Sonne."
If there's ever a meat shortage, eat this profile; it's full of balogna.

210 Reviews

Reviews: 210
Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:01 pm
Meep says...

I go through phases, though certain stories have certain soundtracks. (eg: I always listen to the X/1999 soundtrack/character files when I work on That Story™.)

Right now I've been listening to Carbon Leaf and Johnny Clegg & Savuka a lot, but John Lennon, Jim White and Bob Dylan inspire me.
✖ I'm sick, you're tired. Let's dance.

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:06 pm
Emerson says...

Lately I've been mixing through my German dance metal, and my choral music.. I think for NaNoWriMo I'll make a writing play list, which will probably consist of a lot of classical and Gregorian chant music. I can't get away from Gregorian chant right now. ^_~
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

241 Reviews

Reviews: 241
Sat Oct 27, 2007 6:20 pm
lyrical_sunshine says...

For me it has to be something upbeat, passionate, and meaningful. Skillet, Linkin Park, TobyMac, Evanescence (very good for "Firebrand"). Worship music. the "Music Inspired by the Chronicles of Narnia" CD. (anybody heard that? really good stuff!) That kinda thing.
“We’re still here,” he says, his voice cold, his hands shaking. “We know how to be invisible, how to play dead. But at the end of the day, we are still here.” ~Dax

Teacher: "What do we do with adjectives in Spanish?"
S: "We eat them!"

504 Reviews

Reviews: 504
Sat Oct 27, 2007 6:22 pm
Dream Deep says...

Eisbrecher pwns Nightwish. ... for that matter, Rammstein pwns Eisbrecher. ;)

I find that I write best when I'm playing music that alludes vaguely to the scene in question: a lyric, a note, a key that evokes a certain memory or standpoint as it relates to the character or setting.

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Sun Mar 23, 2008 2:20 am
Kraemer says...

i find I write best listening to music late at night. My stories would not be what they are today without Power metal bands like Blind Guardian (I'm sorry but they kick Dragonforce's butt. Learn to write different tempos besides "look we're on SPEED!") Edguy, Rhapsody. I also find Muse, Radiohead, Post-Rock (genre), and almost anything helps.
ALRIGHT, I was talking about my virginity!!!!

(lolz dinosaur comics)
if you don't understand...
http://www.qwantz.com/archive/000135.html

134 Reviews

Reviews: 134
Sun Mar 23, 2008 11:42 am
aestar101 says...

When I write I listen to alot of adult contempory like Corrine Bailey Rae, Yael Naim, some Nelly Furtado, Dido, Ingrid Michaelson, etc. It gives me serious inspration.
Character is what you have left when you've lost everything you can lose. - Evan Esar
Like my opinions a lot? Let me critique you. topic29146.html

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Sun Mar 23, 2008 1:38 pm
Kadie says...

When i write, i generally prefer silence.

If i do want some background noise, it has to be somthing pretty mellow. The last time i listened to music while writing i listen to Colbie Caillat - Bubbly, and a few Sarah Mclachlan songs among other artists.

Pretty strange since i'm a punk/rock kinda girl :p

816 Reviews

Reviews: 816
Mon Mar 24, 2008 12:05 am
Leja says...

topic25330.html
^ There's already a thread, with more current discussion, for this topic :wink:

*locked*

The adventures I enjoy are usually of a literary nature.
— Henry Winchester