z

Young Writers Society

Need TITLE to finnished book!

Reviews: 0
Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:33 pm
Rastamann says...

Ive written a book and i dont know what to title it!
Plot!
Five kids living on there own different places in the world comes together to save earth. No special powers just abilites they learned in life. The kids are:
The Leader Sean, The Samurai Marshall, The Thief Rex, The "Wolf" Alex and the Magician Paul. And the group needs a name, the name will become the Title. They work for a man who works for CIA by the way. Theyr saving the world from a machine which get the Photosynthese out of balance! And the badguy has made a underground community. This underground "world" is not being used in this book, but in the second the good guys use it when the world is actually destroyed.

241 Reviews

Reviews: 241
Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:18 pm
lyrical_sunshine says...

oooh...toughie. I'll have to think about that.
“We’re still here,” he says, his voice cold, his hands shaking. “We know how to be invisible, how to play dead. But at the end of the day, we are still here.” ~Dax

Teacher: "What do we do with adjectives in Spanish?"
S: "We eat them!"

Reviews: 4
Sat Mar 15, 2008 1:10 am
gingerheartsyou says...

Hmmm....

The Five
Earthmen
Us (a very non-creative but slightly interesting name only a group of misfit boys would come up with... well and me...)
Photosynthesizers

Sorry I can't be more help, I'd have to read it before I came up with something striking and amazing
"Old times" never come back and I suppose it's just as well. What comes back is a new morning every day in the year, and that's better.
-George E. Woodberry

344 Reviews

Reviews: 344
Sat Mar 15, 2008 9:41 pm
Eimear says...

Hmm.... I'm gonna just throw some out.

...."The pack"

...."The pact"

...."You look to us?"

...."Seen but not heard"
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Oscar Wilde.

387 Reviews

Reviews: 387
Sat Mar 15, 2008 10:17 pm
Kylan says...

Name for group & novel =

Ataxia

-or-

Operation Ataxia

Dictionary definition: Ataxia: (n) Loss of the ability to coordinate muscular movement.

Loss of coordiation could relate to the loss of coordination in world/government/ecodome on account of the screwed up photsynthetic process.

-Kylan
"I am beginning to despair
and can see only two choices:
either go crazy or turn holy."

- Serenade, Adélia Prado

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Sun Mar 16, 2008 4:38 pm
Heidigirl666 says...

I always get that. :roll: Luckily I began my most recent novel with a title so didn't get to the end without one. I did have this problem with my last novel though; I reached the end and had no title at all.

If I were you, I wouldn't rely on other people to give you suggestions. Only you know what would fit your novel and every plot turn etc that might be relevent.

Try this; make a spider-diagram (whatever you want to call it, you know, bubble in the middle, arrows going out) and come up with as many short phrases or odd words that sum up your book as you can. This should give you a starting point.

Try thinking carefully about your themes, and about particular phrases you might have used within your novel. Is there a phrase somewhere you didn't look closely at but could sum up completely your novel? Or a phrase that you've used in a more literal sense but could have figurative connotations as well?

For example, in my novel the title 'In a Besieged City' refers to a line from a psalm in the bible, with which my MC prays at the end, however, it can also be percieved as a figurative way of describing the turmoil of his life.

It's certainly one of the most difficult things to do if you do reach the end and don't have a title. Just relax; take your time, and hopefully you'll get a sudden burst of inspiration and find the perfect title! :D
Everywhere I go I'm asked if I think the university stifles writers. My opinion is that they don't stifle enough of them. There's many a bestseller that could have been prevented by a good teacher. ~Flannery O'Connor

Don't say you don't have enough time. You have exactly the same number of hours per day that were given to Helen Keller, Pasteur, Michaelangelo, Mother Teresa, Leonardo da Vinci, Thomas Jefferson, and Albert Einstein.
— H. Jackson Brown