z

Young Writers Society

Begining

170 Reviews

Reviews: 170
Sun Apr 08, 2007 5:41 pm
View Likes
Lindsaroo says...

Ok, this is just the beginning, or plot, or....something, of a story I'm writing and I need opinions. So please tell me what you think ok?

In 2314 the earth exploded. Yes, it's a little blunt, but its the only way to put it really. Anyways, that doesn't mean it's the end of all civilization. Many plants, animals, and humans weren't shredded into pieces by the explosion. They were dead of course, but there are different organisms already out in space, just floating around. In time these "otherworldly" organisms, as the humans might have put it, found their way to earth's or what was earth, debris. The corpses were great hosts for these organisms, but there was one problem. They couldn't breathe without oxygen. The organisms were smart though, being living things and all, thy simply altered their Hosts' breathing patterns so they needed no oxygen. That was the new breed of humans, or Cabratans. The Cabratans needed a place to live and they found a small, uninhabited planet that they named Ashcar. The meaning is still unknown. The Cabratans were very secretive and told no one of their lives.

In time, the children started to change. They were growing tusks and had a strange mark on their left shoulder. This mark was the symbol for their name. At first the parents thought their children were sick when they were born, but it happened to even child when they were born. Everyone learned to except it and now, not one Cabratan doesn't have tusks and a symbol. They found use for the tusks and fight with them. Only one Cabratan, a young boy named Sander, feels like he should fight with hands and weapons. He feels like his soul doesn't belong in his body.
"After it happened I thought that I'd just try to live as normally as possible and bury it, but things like that don't stay buried. I didn't think it would, but it taints your whole life."

"My desires were bestial, obviously." -Jeffery Dahmer.

Random avatar

Reviews: 333
Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:19 pm
emotion_less says...

i think there's another section for this, since this isn't an actualy story. but anyway...

maybe this will be more understandable when written. i'm not a huge fan of science fiction, so i don't really know what to say about this.

it'd be easier if you wrote a sample of this and then turned it over for us to help you out on refining it. write what you want- we can't tell you what to write or not write.

58 Reviews

Reviews: 58
Mon Apr 23, 2007 3:37 pm
Sean Pendr says...

Hiya Lindsay!

this is a good start i beleive that you should continue.. you might need a little more detail to answer some questions the reader might have about the first paragraph.

Talk to you later,

Sean Pendr, Sam :wink:
I do not want the first pithy lines that pop into your head. I'm not interested in that. I want plot, real characters, sharp dialogue. Plan, dream, live your story, then write it. Novel writing is not for the impulsive. ~Kitty15

83 Reviews

Reviews: 83
Sat May 05, 2007 3:13 am
View Likes
stupidiot92 says...

This sounds very interesting. It is different from many ideas that have been launched. I think if you work on it that this could be very popular. I know that i would read it(maybe watch it if they make movie/show out of it).
It doesn't think, doesn't feel.
It doesn't laugh or cry.
All it does from dusk 'till dawn
is make the soldiers die

563 Reviews

Reviews: 563
Sat May 05, 2007 3:32 am
Writersdomain says...

I thinks this belongs in Writer's Corner. :wink:

*moved*
~ WD
If you desire a review from WD, post here

"All I know, all I'm saying, is that a story finds a storyteller. Not the other way around." ~Neverwas

Stay gold, Ponyboy.
— S.E. Hinton