z

Young Writers Society

Ahmadinejad Challenges Bush to TV Debate

147 Reviews

Reviews: 147
Sun Sep 03, 2006 1:27 am
sabradan says...

-KayJuran- wrote:Oh God.. not another 'Bush is amazing' debate..

*leaves*

Its not. I don't really like Bush all that much. But I'd much rather sing his praises than support a bat***t f***ing insane looney like Ahmadinejad in any way shape or form. We need to send a team over there to eliminate him. And fast.
"He who takes a life...it is as if he has destroyed an entire world....but he who saves one life, it is as if he has saved the world entire" Talmud Sanhedrin 4:5

!Hasta la victoria siempre! (Always, until Victory!)
-Ernesto "Che" Guevarra

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Sun Sep 03, 2006 2:40 am
Jiggity says...

Am I to understand that Iran or any Middle Eastern nation (bar Israel) are banned from having Nuclear power? That then, would be based on the aggressive tendencies of those nations, yes? If aggression is the key factor, then America is equally invalid in their right to use nuclear power, if anything they are more aggressive then those middle eastern countries with their puny suicide bombers that kill but a few every now and then; America outdoes them all and goes in for the kill with a full scale invasion that takes out civilians in the tens of thousands.

It's dissapointing to see the messages condoning--no-- encouraging violence here. Now if there was a muslim oriented site that had such messages aimed at the West, it would be all over the news. Then I would hear, and see--as I so often do--comments such as: Muslim moderation is a myth (actually in the Daily Telegraph) a week or so ago. Questions and debates would follow, as to whether Muslims should even be allowed in the country based on the ridiculous assumption that they do not assimilate into Australian society. How dare they retain a culture! I mean seriously, the hypocrisy is overbearing. You preach against intolerance, yet refuse to accept or look beyond the stereotype with an open mind. You claim to uphold free speech, yet godforbid if someone should voice an opinion, an idea that is against your own.

[You=not reffering to YWSers specifically]

IN the paper a week or so ago, I saw many people's comments saying that the Muslim community has not shown that they are against the pro-terrorism idiots carpering about; that they should stand up and throw those ppl out of our community. The reason this is not done, is simple: they are not part of our community. We dont hold them to be so, they preach something alien to our beliefs--a perversion. You may as well ask us to throw out the Christians in our community!! (There are none, in case you didnt get that)

Finally you preach againt extremism, yet when a president proposes a debate, in the name of free speech, you--this is to the YWSers--respond with "bomb the crap out of them" or "send a team over there to eliminate him" or equally violent messages. So, who is the extremist here?
Mah name is jiggleh. And I like to jiggle.

"Indecision and terror, thy name is novel." - Chiko

147 Reviews

Sun Sep 03, 2006 3:12 am
sabradan says...

Ok, so this rant aside, Jiggity, what would debating with Mahmoud Ahmadinejad do, exactly, except give him an even wider platform to preach to people, as well as giving him some semblance of well, being not crazy (sorry if i cant put that in better terms)

Let's face it: Ahmadinejad is batsh*t crazy and theres not a whole helluva lot we can do about it. But we can protect our own interests and those of our allies, by fiercely opposing him, especially in his quest for nukes. I don't see how anything you said has anything to do with the topic at hand, Jiggity. Sorry.

I do not believe "Debating" Ahmadinejad in the name of "free speech" will do anything. Really, whats the point/what will it prove? He is an extremist to the enth degree and deserves no quarter. If he were more moderate, sure, why not, it wouldn't harm anything. But for him to have a worldwide audience to basically go on tv and say "Mr. Bush, you are the Great Satan for helping the Zionist entity oppress the Palestinians. As long as you help the evil zionists (har har har) we will make war with you, either directly or indirectly"
and Bush would say something to the effect of "nuh-uh"
I mean, seriously...this has got to be the stupidest thing I ahve ever heard.
"He who takes a life...it is as if he has destroyed an entire world....but he who saves one life, it is as if he has saved the world entire" Talmud Sanhedrin 4:5

-Ernesto "Che" Guevarra

798 Reviews

Sun Sep 03, 2006 3:22 am
Jiggity says...

I wish you were wrong. Seriously. The last paragraph was relevant ... at least more so then the others.

Ive had that bottled up inside for a while; needed to vent. It boiled down to: I didnt like the violent posts. And who cares if it gives him a wider platform to preach from? He's insane! No one is going to be taken in, if anything it'll make him seem even more a fool, with the added benefit of making Bush look Moderate--if thats possible. So there! Thats an advantage for y'all.

147 Reviews

Sun Sep 03, 2006 3:43 am
sabradan says...

meh. I still don't like him. Personally, I think people preaching the destruction of entire countries should be killed straight away, but thats just me. I've been told I have an anger problem.

-Ernesto "Che" Guevarra

126 Reviews

Reviews: 126
Sun Sep 03, 2006 4:01 am
Bjorn says...

sabradan wrote:

*leaves*

Its not. I don't really like Bush all that much. But I'd much rather sing his praises than support a bat***t f***ing insane looney like Ahmadinejad in any way shape or form. We need to send a team over there to eliminate him. And fast.

I hope that's not a tinge of Israeli bias permeating through those words :wink:

But, c'mon. Where does 'preaching' to a wider audience come from debating "about world affairs and the ways to solve those issues". I think he's burned Bush in just suggesting it... He, the, it seems, enemy of the West (what happened to Osama?! :o ), has asked the Leader of the West to a man-to-man, civilized debate on how to approach world affairs-in suggesting it, he is cleverly alluding to how America solves its world affairs-aggression. :lol: Score one for Ahmadinejad! He's made fun of Bush right there! So Bush needn't accept...
Killing For Peace Is Like F#@%ing For Chastity
Revolucija Je Sada! Revolucija Je Stobom I Svima! Revolucija Je Uvijek-Zivi Uz Revolucije I Budite Slobodni!

863 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 863
Sun Sep 03, 2006 6:06 am
Griffinkeeper says...

I think Nate was right. If Ahmadinejad really wanted to accomplish something, he would have done it through diplomatic channels or through the UN. A public debate is just so he can smear him on television.
Moderator Emeritus (frozen in carbonite.)

147 Reviews

Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:56 pm
sabradan says...

Bjorn wrote:
sabradan wrote:

*leaves*

I hope that's not a tinge of Israeli bias permeating through those words :wink:

But, c'mon. Where does 'preaching' to a wider audience come from debating "about world affairs and the ways to solve those issues". I think he's burned Bush in just suggesting it... He, the, it seems, enemy of the West (what happened to Osama?! :o ), has asked the Leader of the West to a man-to-man, civilized debate on how to approach world affairs-in suggesting it, he is cleverly alluding to how America solves its world affairs-aggression. :lol: Score one for Ahmadinejad! He's made fun of Bush right there! So Bush needn't accept...

So what if there was? We all know where your loyalties lie. Even if I werent Israeli, I'd still feel the same way. Usually when a world leader says something like "(nation x) needs to be wiped off the map" that is usually about when most people tend to stop seeing him as a sane, yet extremist leader, and someone who is in reality batsh*t crazy and hell bent on destroying a nation and a people. Now I know you're no lover of Jews/Israel but you gotta admit that that is dangerous rhetoric, for anyone.

-Ernesto "Che" Guevarra

52 Reviews

Reviews: 52
Mon Sep 04, 2006 1:40 am
LamaLama says...

My god sab... it's happened again....

<begin Kirk talk>
I.. CAN'T believe it!! It's happend..... ...... again! We... agree on something!
<end Kirk talk>
Beware of the scary banana fingers! For they are mushy, and yellow.

I will change my sig whenever another member asks me too. (please request publicly) Last change: Nov. 12 by: Griffinkeeper

126 Reviews

Mon Sep 04, 2006 2:40 am
Bjorn says...

sabradan wrote:So what if there was? We all know where your loyalties lie. Now I know you're no lover of Jews/Israel

That's a real unfair observation :? My braces were inserted by a Jew; and I enjoy Joe's chicken (he's a Jew, a very close friend of my fathers, and the chicken is, of course, kosher). When my father used to work in synagogues as a waiter/bartender, he was very close with the Rabbis-they told him, "anything you need Stevie, and we'll do it for you". That I condemn the extent, mark me extent, of Israel's retaliation on Lebanon-yea, Lebanon the land, not just Hezbollah-and that I may find this debate a good idea-I didn't say I loved Iran's president, or agree with the remark of blowing Israel off the map-is irrelevant to how I view Jews in general. The Hebrew people have lived on the lands part of which Israel encompasses today for thousands of years; their claim to that tract of land is quite plausible-otherwise I wouldn't have that awesome apple drink imported from Israel (which I get at Joes). It's so sweet and tasty...

You think I'm lying, right? Typical... :roll:
Revolucija Je Sada! Revolucija Je Stobom I Svima! Revolucija Je Uvijek-Zivi Uz Revolucije I Budite Slobodni!

147 Reviews

Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:41 am
sabradan says...

Bjorn wrote:
sabradan wrote:So what if there was? We all know where your loyalties lie. Now I know you're no lover of Jews/Israel

That's a real unfair observation :? My braces were inserted by a Jew; and I enjoy Joe's chicken (he's a Jew, a very close friend of my fathers, and the chicken is, of course, kosher). When my father used to work in synagogues as a waiter/bartender, he was very close with the Rabbis-they told him, "anything you need Stevie, and we'll do it for you". That I condemn the extent, mark me extent, of Israel's retaliation on Lebanon-yea, Lebanon the land, not just Hezbollah-and that I may find this debate a good idea-I didn't say I loved Iran's president, or agree with the remark of blowing Israel off the map-is irrelevant to how I view Jews in general. The Hebrew people have lived on the lands part of which Israel encompasses today for thousands of years; their claim to that tract of land is quite plausible-otherwise I wouldn't have that awesome apple drink imported from Israel (which I get at Joes). It's so sweet and tasty...

You think I'm lying, right? Typical... :roll:

No, i based it off the fact that youre father admires Hitler (I wrote this before I read youre later post, and to be honest, I was quite angry that you seemed proud of it), I read later otherwise. and I apologize. However, I still don't like the fact that you think Israel is the bad guys.

-Ernesto "Che" Guevarra

798 Reviews

Mon Sep 04, 2006 4:25 am
Jiggity says...

Im no fan of Israel. In fact for some of the things they've done, for all the horrid acts I learn about in Modern History I hate them, and yet I know its not all bad. There are one or two positives, but a lot more negatives.

I dont hate Jews. Israeli Gov, however ... grrr.

Not that thats relevant, but yeah.

126 Reviews

Mon Sep 04, 2006 5:39 am
Bjorn says...

sabradan wrote:However, I still don't like the fact that you think Israel is the bad guys.

Oh? When did I say or imply that? Everyone and thing has a good attribute and bad one.

147 Reviews

Mon Sep 04, 2006 6:44 am
sabradan says...

Jiggity wrote:Im no fan of Israel. In fact for some of the things they've done, for all the horrid acts I learn about in Modern History I hate them, and yet I know its not all bad. There are one or two positives, but a lot more negatives.

I dont hate Jews. Israeli Gov, however ... grrr.

Not that thats relevant, but yeah.

You're uninformed on the issues, and biased, but you're allowed, seeing as there are very few Muslims/Arabs who are not anti-israel. I don't expect you to start now. But thats okay.

However, there is a few things that make me not trust Muslim arabs who say they don't hate Jews. One is the fact that I've been told, by a Muslim Arab who I was freindly with for a while "Dan, here in America, our people are like brothers. But in my country, I'd kill you"

-Ernesto "Che" Guevarra

863 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 863
Mon Sep 04, 2006 8:12 am
Griffinkeeper says...

This has become personal, I'm locking it now.

*Locked*
Moderator Emeritus (frozen in carbonite.)

What orators lack in depth they make up for in length.
— Charles de Secondat, Baron de Montesquieu