The Chit-Chat Revolution

289 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 289
Fri May 24, 2013 4:39 pm
View Likes
Caesar says...

What's up, Louis?

Well. As you all know, @Ego is pushing to improve quality and participation in Storybooks. He has an awesome survey you should go check out here. His is a marvelous idea that I feel we should all support. However! I am not here to advertise on Ego's behalf, but rather, share with you an idea of mine I had.

What's this idea, then, Louis?

Well. If you take a look at the Character Chit Chat Forum, you'll see that it's somewhat... lacking. I'm seeing mostly the same threads, populated by the same characters. Usually, they're not very well thought out characters, and rightfully so: the Chit Chat should be a place to Roleplay characters and 'chill'. However, I feel this does not mean all standards should be ditched. And indeed, if done properly, it could be an awesome place to start out for newer members, or just anyone who wants to RP a character they love with others, maybe in a different scenario. So then, I wanted to seek a way for people to have fun in the RPing forum, with more in-depth characters, and also help those who feel their characterization could be improved on. I also feel it's important, because the Character Chit Chat, if done this way, could be an important starting point for people who are trying to ease their way into Storybooking, or would like to Roleplay with others, but are afraid of the seemingly high standards some SBs tend to have. It could be an important platform to build more capable writers, and at the same time familiarize people with Storybooking.

So... what are you actually trying to get us to do?

My characterization skills aren't the best, let's be honest, and I can't do this all by myself. Therefore, I would like to gather your support, all of you, to post in the character chit chat: from experienced "veterans" to newer members. And that's pretty much it: we'd post, and answer each other's questions if any arise. By giving examples, I'm sure people would learn and, gradually, develop better characterization skills, myself included. It'd be a great way to improve overall quality, and have fun writing at the same time.

So, what do you think? Questions, doubts, ideas? Do I have your support?
vulgus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur

279 Reviews

Reviews: 279
Fri May 24, 2013 4:47 pm
View Likes
MasterGrieves says...

Well, mr. Ita, it turns out I agree :D Although I don't use the SB section all that much I do think it's in need of some referbishment (or however you spell that word :P) Wish you luck! You have my blessing
The Nation of Ulysses Must Prevail!

If you don't like Mikko, you better friggin' die.

The power of Robert Smith compels you!

Adam + Lisa ♥

When you greet a stranger look at his shoes.
Keep your money in your shoes.

I was 567ajt

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Fri May 24, 2013 5:35 pm
View Likes
Omni says...

I hope this helps.

Things like this will spread the word about a forum that not very many people know about or like.

I 100% support this, Ita.
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Sat May 25, 2013 2:11 am
View Likes
crossroads says...

Wise words, Bro, you surely have my support on that one ^^

For now, as much I see, Char Chit Chat has mostly became a place for not-quite-SBs - like smaller Storybooks which are a bit more easy-going and so - while at the same time, I see a lot of under-developed characters in the Storybooks, some of them with great potential to become properly alive.

Using the same characters in the CCC forums, but putting them in different situations, would surely deepen them and make them seem more real - regardless if they're SB characters or novel characters or whatever. As I first joined, I thought that was what CCC was for, and I'd like to see that done c:

However, it might also get confusing to some, so I also salute the idea of it being what it is now, but under the lead of more experienced members who'd lead the new ones into the world of SBing.

Also, perhaps there could be something like special categories of the CCC topics - say, one focused on the villains' POVs, and so on, what might help people to see what to focus on when writing a particular type of character.

Just some thoughts in the middle of the night c:
• previously ChildOfNowhere
- they/them -
literary fantasy with a fairytale flavour

289 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 289
Sat May 25, 2013 6:01 pm
Caesar says...

Here it is! Here we shall test the waters, see if things work out as they should.

Everyone is welcome to post c:
vulgus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur

303 Reviews

Reviews: 303
Mon May 27, 2013 7:34 pm
View Likes
StoneHeart says...

*liking the idea. . . .
For I who am poor have only my dreams
I spread my dreams under your feet . . .

. . . tread softly for you tread on my dreams.

We are masters of our silences, and slaves of our words

I don't do time.
— Liberty