z

Young Writers Society

The Writing Quiz

594 Reviews

Reviews: 594
Sat Jan 22, 2005 6:39 am
View Likes
Crysi says...

Speak for yourself.. :roll: :wink: jk jk lol.

Yeah, I've written pretty much everywhere there is to write. I don't even pay attention to it anymore. But I do know that I can't stand it when I don't have my notebook with me..
Love and Light

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Sat Jan 22, 2005 4:09 pm
View Likes
Nai says...

BAH!!! I got a 41...

There's hope; you suspect some of the darker truths about the profession, and have an idea of what some of the rewards are. If you really want to do this, you'll face some disillusionment, but also stand a good chance of finding the real joys of the profession.

The darker truths thing isn't true, I just know i'll also need a side job till i get good at it.

I have a GREAT idea of the rewards.

And I KNOW I will find joys in the profession.

87 Reviews

Reviews: 87
Sat Jan 22, 2005 6:01 pm
View Likes
Perra says...

Same here, Aniar!
YWS gives me carpal tunnel.

Need a Critique?

Evil lurks everywhere, often in plain sight...Can you lurk in plain sight? Or is that just walking?

221 Reviews

Reviews: 221
Wed Jan 26, 2005 2:00 am
View Likes
Elelel says...

Don't worry about it! It's just a quiz. Just in curiosity, which answers did you go wrong on? (you don't have to say if you don't want to.)
Oh, you're angry! Click your pen.
--Music and Lyrics

87 Reviews

Wed Jan 26, 2005 3:40 am
View Likes
Perra says...

I'll just give you guys my answers, then. And why I answered them.

1. C. I'd go crazy in the silence after a while. I'd probably be walking around thinking and slightly talking to myself about things for the time I didn't go bored out of my mind and crazy.
2. A. I have no problem stopping mid-word. If I stop mid-word, when I come back I don't have to sit and try and remember what I was going to write, instead I just finish the word and then I might remember the sentence. And once I've gotten through that sentence, I've gotten back into the 'grove' I was in and can keep going. It's a trick a writer I met once gave me. Before I ever thought about writing. My own stories, that is. Also, if I get a call, and it is for me, I better talk. I'm not that social, and if someones calling to give me some socializing, I better participate.
3. B. Again, I need the socializing. But the friend would have to wait a little because I'm actually writing at the time. And so I can get ready. Chances are I'm in my PJs when they call.
4. A. Chances are I'd never have anything to write with when I'm in a restraunt. I do write my ideas down at school, though.
5. D. Writing is the best picture(as in mental image) I get of if/when I become a successful writer. Answer A is my daydream, though! =P~ :mrgreen:
6. D. No matter how successful I am, I'm not quitting my job until I have a good amount of money in the bank.
7. C. I've got a few ideas for stories in the same world as my current one, which gives me background and developement, and I've also got ideas for other stories, as well.
8. B. I'd love the flexible hours. Although editors, I've heard and sumised, will give you deadlines.
9. A. This answer is based on what I've read this school year. Which would equal not much. Only English and reading club books. All I haven't/didn't finish. But last year, I was doing Answer C. I'd be typing, playing, or whatever on the computer while reading my books.
10. B. My bed, because my desk is usually cluttered, and sometimes so was my chair. now everything's cleaner. Didn't do the "Don't Ask" one because it sounded more like it was for wierder, grosser answers instead of "in my living room" ones....

There you go. My answers and why I put them.

Need a Critique?

Evil lurks everywhere, often in plain sight...Can you lurk in plain sight? Or is that just walking?

38 Reviews

Reviews: 38
Wed Jan 26, 2005 7:57 pm
View Likes
marching_gurl89 says...

i got a 65
~*~Peace, Love, and Protesters~*~
I'm not off beat!I'm marching to the beat of my own drum
I rock my socks
Hippielicious the bold new flavor from caroline
JFK BLOWN AWAY WHAT ELSE DO I HAVE TO SAY!!!!!!!

221 Reviews

Thu Jan 27, 2005 4:15 am
View Likes
Elelel says...

Heres what I got and why:

1. D. I zone out all the time I miss things in school, not because I'm talking but because I'm daydreaming. Thoughts of my story keep me in a zombie like state for hours.

2. either D or C. (in that order)I hate answering the phone. It's nothing writing related, I just can stand the way it rings whenever you don't want it to. I'd probably ignore it out of spite.

3. either C or D. (in that order) Depends if they're a good friend like the disscusion said, or a bad one.

4. probably C. usually have SOMETHING to write on or with hovering about me, and if I don't I know where to get them fast. It's just part of my existence to have notebooks and pens floating about me.

5.D. Writing. I love it. Even when it seems hard.

6. D. I'm a very cautious person, plus I'm not stupid enough to throw myself in a no-income situation (i would HOPE I'm not that stupid anyway...)

7. C. I've got a few ideas, lots of worldbuilding in various corners of my room, etc.

8. D. Writing again. Same reason as before.

9. D. I love books, I cannot live without them. My bookself overflows into my siblings and parents bookshelves, books pile next to my bed from where I finish them. I can't sleep unless I've read before I go to bed. I am book crazy. The last time I read a book would be measured in hours. I live, eat and breath books.

10. D. Don't ask. I write where ever I get the urge to. As my notebook collection inhabits many many, many of the places I usually go, or may need them, nothing stops me from writing at anytime (except for some annoying teachers who think I ought to be doing the work they set rather than working on a map for a castle.)
--Music and Lyrics

Random avatar

Reviews: 8
Thu Jan 27, 2005 7:07 am
View Likes
VariousUndine says...

70. I thought the test was purely biased based on the quiz author's experiences. There's a lot of stuff that's not considered-- time constraints, personalities, etc. A writer does not have to be a socially inept hermit. But okay. I myself put my friends before me. So while I guess a "real writer" would tell their buddies to shove it, I wouldn't.
[size=0]"I know it's not a party if it happens every night/ pretending there's glamour and candlelabra when you're drinking by candlelight/ What does it take to get a drink in this place?"~ The Postal Service, "This Place Is A Prison" [/size]

221 Reviews

Tue Feb 01, 2005 6:48 am
View Likes
Elelel says...

It's just for fun, and I agree that a few questions could have been better, but it's not something you have to pass or anything. You dont' have to pass it to continue past this poisnt as a writer. You don't have to be offended by getting that one as an A or anything. If it were a good friend I'd say A would be the ideal answer. I'd do C or B because I'd really need to get a certain ammount of writing done each day. But I'd perfer to be able to rush out after my friends. Much prefer. But I however am rather a "socially inept hermit" so I'd probably never get the call, out of no relation to my writing.
--Music and Lyrics

87 Reviews

Tue Feb 01, 2005 9:25 pm
View Likes
Perra says...

Same here, El. The only person who calls me, other than family, is my best friend. Sometimes my other best friend, but that's rarely, still. Now that she can drive, my best friend sometimes just drops by without warning. But that's ok. I'm usually not writing at those times.

Need a Critique?

73 Reviews

Reviews: 73
Tue Feb 01, 2005 9:53 pm
View Likes
convintojm says...

i only got like a 46 which to me seems to make perfect sense. i'm ok with being lackluster in my commitment to write and i don't really write stories anymore. my dad will be so disappointed when he realizes i'm never going to write a novel even though i tried to explain to him it's not happening.

323 Reviews

Reviews: 323
Fri Feb 04, 2005 2:37 am
View Likes
hekategirl says...

It seems a like a really stupid quiz because you can't mesure writers talent. :evil: But it is kind of fun to do quizes so heres my score: 58. #-o
I can't belive I only got a 58, oh, well.
I can live.
***Honorary 11-Year-Old***

Heh-COT-ee-GUR-el

Got YWS?

221 Reviews

Fri Feb 04, 2005 6:25 am
View Likes
Elelel says...

You can't measure talent. And Undine is right, some of that stuff has two ways about it. It does relate to your writing (well, if you stopped writing everytime your friend said they were having a bad day, it will affect your writing [if it happens often at any rate]), but sometimes you'd do the opposite because there are other things than writing which are important in your life (eg, friends.) So I wouldn't take the quiz too seriously. I just find things of this nature fun, so I posted the link.
--Music and Lyrics

Writing is like love: the real thing is a lot less romantic
— dragonfphoenix