z

Young Writers Society

Myspace?

493 Reviews

Reviews: 493
Mon Apr 03, 2006 4:48 pm
Misty says...

I just got a new myspace and its AWESOME!!! ... of course I have no clue whatsoever how it works. But anyway if you want to check it out or w.e. it's www.myspace.com/stickit2theman89

*wonders if this should go in randomness but does not want to spend fifteenpoints*

558 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 558
Mon Apr 03, 2006 5:09 pm
Matt Bellamy says...

www.myspace.com/sambyjoo

Addeth me, folks!
Matt.

Got Tumblr? Me too! http://www.writersam.co.uk

Peeking Cat Poetry Magazine is accepting submissions! http://peekingcatpoetrymagazine.blogspot.co.uk

Random avatar

Reviews: 1160
Mon Apr 03, 2006 5:32 pm
Elizabeth says...

AHHHH THOU BE EVIL!
*The power fo Christ compells thee!*
(Is probably teh only person in the world without a myspace anyway)

323 Reviews

Reviews: 323
Mon Apr 03, 2006 6:51 pm
hekategirl says...

myspace is evil, it is the number one hot spot for sex predators. I know numerous people who have gotten harassed on their myspace account.
***Honorary 11-Year-Old***

Heh-COT-ee-GUR-el

Got YWS?

481 Reviews

Reviews: 481
Mon Apr 03, 2006 7:22 pm
Bobo says...

If you're 14 or under (I think) you can set it so that only friends can see your profile. I think I'm gonna list myself as 14 just so I can do that lol. Curse you, Misty, for giving me a reason to re-register for Myspace!

324 Reviews

Reviews: 324
Mon Apr 03, 2006 8:18 pm
-KayJuran- says...

On my MySpace, I've set it so that only my 'messenger buddies' can view it. So, I'm 'fraid none of you can see mine unless I've got you on msn. Which means there is no point in putting a link to mine either...
"There you go - sausages à la bread!" - Blue.

594 Reviews

Reviews: 594
Mon Apr 03, 2006 11:33 pm
Crysi says...

The Black Rose wrote:AHHHH THOU BE EVIL!
*The power fo Christ compells thee!*
(Is probably teh only person in the world without a myspace anyway)

Nope, I don't have one either, although that's mainly because my parents didn't want me to have one. They got paranoid, especially after a girl from my school was kidnapped and killed and they listed MySpace as a possible link.
Love and Light

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:15 am
Nate says...

I really think that myspace is going to be shut down within a year or two here. The site is a magnet for sexual predators, and school administrators hate it because teens frequently arrange parties through it. One of my friends just very recently set up her own myspace, and within a day got e-mails from 50 year old men. She's 24, but still it's really scary. A couple days later, she shut it down.

But I do see the appeal of myspace, and I'm working to adopt some of it's features to YWS. The friends connection thing is very cool, and it's cool that everything on it is so easily done. But, I think people will start dumping it in favor of facebook, which recently allowed high-school students to open accounts. That is, if myspace doesn't get shut down first.

481 Reviews

Reviews: 481
Tue Apr 04, 2006 2:16 am
Bobo says...

Facebook is much better, but as far as I can tell you can't add friends if they're still in high school. I wonder if high schoolers can add college students?

Anyway, if you do a global search for Bobo on Facebook, I'm sure you'll find me quick lol.

139 Reviews

Reviews: 139
Tue Apr 04, 2006 2:20 am
Torpid says...

i made my thing private, dont let people i dont know be my friend, and i only talk to my buddies. i keep safe, its only dangerous if your....foolish. i dont use my real name, only my initals and i dont post my adress or phone number. its fun though. kinda consuming at times...

136 Reviews

Reviews: 136
Tue Apr 04, 2006 9:22 am
thegirlwhofateloves says...

...I think I have a myspace...but all it says is the title... :D Seemed pointless, as I can't be assed to put photos of myself up there...to much effort of scanning etc...which is also why there are none of me on here, either... :wink:
www.myspace.com/prettytorture
felicitypepper@hotmail.co.uk

Big up the YWS Massive!

....And I still don't know what SPEW is....

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Tue Apr 04, 2006 1:36 pm
Firestarter says...

The only thing I love about myspace is being able to listen to band's music on it. Great for finding new bands.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

Random avatar

Reviews: 1
Tue Apr 04, 2006 10:27 pm
BlueStone says...

Myspace is great to keep in touch with old classmates and friends (of those that don't use IM); my cousins use it to establish the whereabouts of parties and kickbacks. All in all, I think you need to be smart about having a membership there. Putting up too much information will bring out the possibilities of getting harassed and abused. You see, this is all based on (the negative drawbacks) people you only know through means of via the net. I try to keep my friends list very strict and straightforward, meaning I prefer to KNOW the person in real life before I actually put them on as a friend. Some people have evaded that goal of mine, simply because I have a more trusting personality then I thought. Be responsible, and most of all, be safe!

AW
away

94 Reviews

Reviews: 94
Wed Apr 05, 2006 2:43 pm
Zion says...

www.myspace.com/heroofheaven

:D
Without sensibility no object would be given to us, without understanding no object would be thought. Thoughts without content are empty, intuitions without concepts are blind.

Immanuel Kant
"Critique of Pure Reason"

131 Reviews

Reviews: 131
Thu Apr 06, 2006 6:46 am
Crayon says...

I have a myspace but stupid hostel blocked it because of all the stuff Nate said, wait was it nate?... yes it was *grumbles about chimps* Thats why i have to be careful who sees me on here....it could get blocked aswell!
Trying to survive "sweet sixteen."
---
<love> is sweet -suicide- and {[you]} are my LATEST a.t.t.e.m.p.t

See the world. It's more fantastic than any dream made or paid for in factories. Ask for no guarantees, ask for no security.
— Ray Bradbury, Fahrenheit 451