z

Young Writers Society

Slobodan Milosevic-The Man Behind the Srebrenica Plan-Dead

19 Reviews

Reviews: 19
Fri May 05, 2006 6:37 am
hawk says...

Look, I didn't come looking for an argument. You’ve reacted to my opinion with violence and a closed mind. I’m not going to bother to try to reply to that.
By the way, I have grown up and gone to school with a race of people who have been persecuted because of their colour. I am not one of them, but I have lived with the misgivings that have occurred through the refusal to move on, and it’s a terrible thing.
"Meanwhile everyone wants to breathe and nobody can; and many say, 'We will breathe later.' And most of them don’t die because they are already dead." -- Graffiti of the events of May, Paris '68

147 Reviews

Reviews: 147
Fri May 05, 2006 7:30 am
sabradan says...

hawk wrote:Look, I didn't come looking for an argument. You’ve reacted to my opinion with violence and a closed mind. I’m not going to bother to try to reply to that.
By the way, I have grown up and gone to school with a race of people who have been persecuted because of their colour. I am not one of them, but I have lived with the misgivings that have occurred through the refusal to move on, and it’s a terrible thing.

blah blah blah. Unless your o ne of them, you have no right to speak, because you don't know.
"He who takes a life...it is as if he has destroyed an entire world....but he who saves one life, it is as if he has saved the world entire" Talmud Sanhedrin 4:5

!Hasta la victoria siempre! (Always, until Victory!)
-Ernesto "Che" Guevarra

126 Reviews

Reviews: 126
Wed May 10, 2006 2:55 am
Bjorn says...

Though Sabradan has gone into this with vehemency, I still think his underlying message is right. My own parents say that this country (Canada) is too weak and soft. That murderers, amongst a horde of other wrong-doers, should be punished with the same pain they enacted on their victims-death. A murderer must have it drilled into him-'I understand that by commiting this deed I am eligible for death should I be caught', thus making a mutual understanding that the murderers life is on the line once he has commited the act. Murders are so high here in North America because (even despite Capital Punishment in the US) the system (i.e. the judicial sysytem) is easily undermined. The very laws that are supposed to protect us, and ensure us freedom, are killing us because murderers are given the same rights. It may be contradictory then to condemn these people, but we can't go on forgiving, otherwise it might be you or me who'll die at these people's hands next. Now I'm speaking people who've done one or a few murders, and this can be debated-but a man who instigated the (arguably articulate) 'genocide' of, primarily, ethnic Albanians, and thus Muslims (though race hasn't any factor of course)? You can argue he hadn't done it, and that he was innocent, but Adolf put on the same show-Now you don't know for sure that he planned it, though of course we have considerable proof, but despite that, what would you do to Hitler? For sure Stalin would deem Adolf unworthy of the Lubyanka, and that's saying alot when former commanders of the victorious Red Army were sitting in cells watching Russia celebrate from their minute cell-windows, and do something I don't want to think of-let's just say the West's perspective on Russian brutality would be a child's summary compared to it. And I'm sure millions upon millions around the globe, especially those who were hard hit by Hitler, would be ecstatic. You see it all the time. Victim's families demand harsh sentences be put on the murderer, they call for justice, for death. I am a South-Slav, and I have a good idea of the general mind-set of these Balkan peoples. Not only that, but Serbs had fought their way to independance from the Ottoman Empire-the Hajduci, the Serb guerilla fighters, fought, I'll say it, like barbarous animals, wolves (there are many serbs with Vuk[wolf] in their name) to compare them to an animal. These people have no time to reflect on what they did-they did it for the Greater Serbia. Now perhaps brutally slaughtering Milosevic than hanging him for a week on a Beograd lampost for the dogs is a little 'over-the-top' (local Muslim leaders done it to Serb radicalists and revolutionaries), but having him dead at the very least, would (and is now) the best judgement.
Killing For Peace Is Like F#@%ing For Chastity
Revolucija Je Sada! Revolucija Je Stobom I Svima! Revolucija Je Uvijek-Zivi Uz Revolucije I Budite Slobodni!

No one achieves anything alone.
— Leslie Knope