z

Young Writers Society

Muslim Man Convicted(?) for Converting

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Fri Mar 31, 2006 3:49 pm
QiGuaiGongFu says...

Poor_Imp wrote: You aren't criticisized for having a religion that forbids you to deny 'Allah's law' - you're invited to question whether that is the highest good, or right.

If God is all good, and all right - true, then His laws cannot be unjust. God may allow injustice. He doesn't make it.

When was she asked to change her faith? Right there. Maybe you don't interpret it that way, but someone sure as hell might. I would. "Question God." Is that what you are saying? Isn't there something in the bible about not doing that? Would you ask another christian to question his or her faith? Well, probably, if they weren't methodest, mormon, episcopalian, seventh day whatever. Bottom line is everyone has to agree with you? Why don't you try agreing with her for a change? Allah has made a place in paradise for Christians and Jews, have you made a place for Islam? Judaism even has purpose for all non jewish peoples. Its you christians that act as though only you can be right. Yeah, you want her to question her faith, and come to yours, right? The next logical step. So, why don't you climb down off that cross of yours, and take the cotton balls out of your ears, and actually listen to what you're saying.
For centuries, theologians have been explaining the unknowable in terms of the-not-worth-knowing.
- HL Mencken
Lie together like butt.
Presenting the GFuture, soon to be the Gnow, reality presented by Google.
Welcome to GEarth.
~Baske in the randomness~

481 Reviews

Reviews: 481
Fri Mar 31, 2006 4:34 pm
Bobo says...

Qi has a good point there. When I read your statement, I read it more as, "Does this law actually fall under Allah's law?" but I can see how it would easily be read as, "Is Allah's law right? Or should you convert to another religion?" I want to make it clear that we don't ask you to change your religion, no matter how much it might sound like it--I'm sure that's not the intent of any of us.

As for what you gain by doubting your religion--I have doubted my own religion several times, and each time I've found something that made me an even stronger believer. I don't believe that you can have true faith in your religion unless you seek to make the knowledge of its truth your own. The only way to do this is to doubt what your parents taught you enough that you won't just accept whatever they have to say, and seek within your own religion, aside from them, for whether you believe or not. You may find that there are things in your religion that seem wrong. More likely, you'll find things that make you feel so incredible and know that it's good.

"The West" has not stopped missionary work. Some missionaries may be more underhanded or more forceful than others, but I honestly can't see what would be wrong with men and women who sincerely believe that their religion is the only way to God spending their time talking to people about it, teaching them but not coercing them. I'm sure if you had the keys to heaven, you'd offer them to your friends, as well.

576 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 576
Fri Mar 31, 2006 4:36 pm
Ego says...

DELETED
Got YWS? I do.

Lumi: Don't you drag my donobby into this.
Lumi: He's the sweetest angel this side of hades.

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Fri Mar 31, 2006 4:42 pm
Firestarter says...

Oh dear.

-LOCKED-
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

May you never steal, lie, or cheat. But if you must steal, then steal away my sorrows. And if you must lie, then lie with me all the nights of your life. And if you must cheat, then please, cheat death.
— An Unknown Bride, Leap Year