z

Young Writers Society

The YWS crit shop

118 Reviews

Reviews: 118
Tue Mar 21, 2006 7:29 pm
*Twilight* says...

This is how the crit shop works: If you have a story that you want critiqued and you are willing to pay points for those critiques you can advertise your story here. Then, members who are looking to gain extra points can come by and see if they are interested in critiquing any of the stories.

If you don't want to spend too many points make sure and mention the limit of people you are willing to pay. That way, once you have gotten the number of people you wanted you do not have to give up any more points.

The number of points you pay is up to you.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The rules of adding your story to the crit shop:

-You need to mention how many points you are willing to pay and how many people you want to critique your story.

-You must pay your readers ASAP. As soon as you see their crits you must pay them the points you promised and if you don't have enough points then you must make them.

-Don't place the actual story in the crit shop just the link.

-Once you have gotten the amount of readers you want, make sure to come back and edit your post to let everybody know that you are no longer paying readers. When you edit your post type in big bold letters: No longer paying. Place this at the top of your post.

-Don't place another advertisement every time you post a new chapter of your story. Your first advertisement is the only one allowed from the beginning of the story to the end. You can edit your post to make readers aware that you have updated your story.

-If you post your chapters individually you need to come back here and add the link to the newly added chapters.

-When you post the link to your story make sure you add the Title and the genere.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rules for reading the stories added to the crit shop:

-When you crit someones story you must take your time and put effort into it. These people are paying you so they expect decent reviews. (This is an extremely important rule please do your best not to break it) Hey this is a great story cts! IS NOT ALLOWED! Give the writer your opinions on their story.

-Don't harass them for your points. If you didn't get them in a few days then their story will be added to the: No longer active list. This will let people know that this member isn't paying like they promised. If you do not receive your points just pm me and I will add them to the list.

-Make sure that your crits are in their story thread not here in the crit shop.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If anybody at all has any rule suggestions please let me know because if we keep this nice and organized then it might be able to work out with out any problems.
Last edited by *Twilight* on Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Hire people to crit your work! Get paid to crit other people's work!
The YWS crit shop: forum/viewtopic.php?t=8018

324 Reviews

Reviews: 324
Tue Mar 21, 2006 9:32 pm
-KayJuran- says...

Great idea *Twilight* - especially useful if you've got a story that you want to give some extra advertising, or even if you've just got so many points you don't know what to do with them!! :P

Will have to think about using this... :wink:

~KayJuran~
"There you go - sausages à la bread!" - Blue.

52 Reviews

Reviews: 52
Wed Mar 22, 2006 12:03 am
LamaLama says...

forum/viewtopic.php?t=7952

I'll gladly give up some points for a few decent reviews. I have 1000 or so right now to expend, and I'll be updating this constantly. (This has been sitting around for a few days with absolutely no crits.)
Beware of the scary banana fingers! For they are mushy, and yellow.

I will change my sig whenever another member asks me too. (please request publicly) Last change: Nov. 12 by: Griffinkeeper

80 Reviews

Reviews: 80
Wed Mar 22, 2006 12:14 am
ladydark says...

I like the sound of this, and it seems kind of sad that one must post to get noticed, but I dont really care. Nice thought, ^^ anyone willing to attempt this story? If you are you can PM, and ya.. its kind of long... and still going... I need/want at least 2 or 3 crits, who are willing, to attempt at this. I have a bunch of spare points soo ya... it'd be nice to have some help..

forum/viewtopic.php?t=6854&start=0

This is a somewhat fantasy story, and I really need help with perhaps just re-wording somethings and grammer. Its fairly long, so if anyone does take a stab at it you'll be justly rewarded, but please PM me first
Last edited by ladydark on Wed Mar 22, 2006 3:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
“I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.”

"Foul devil, for God's sake, hence, and trouble us not;
For thou hast made the happy earth thy hell,
Fill'd it with cursing cries and deep exclaims." (Richard III 1.2) Shakespeare

267 Reviews

Reviews: 267
Wed Mar 22, 2006 3:13 am
Boni_Bee says...

Sounds like a good idea, Twilight :) I will keep it in mind

115 Reviews

Reviews: 115
Wed Mar 22, 2006 3:31 am
Icaruss says...

Here you go.

Anybody, please. How about it? I have so many unused points I can give them away as quickly as I can give my... my... I didn't think that comparison through.

But I have points. I dunno... 200... 300... 400 if it's a good one...
there are many problems in our times
but none of them are mine

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Wed Mar 22, 2006 3:35 am
Snoink says...

Also! If you do want to advertise your work here, you might want to tell the critiquers what you want them to look at specifically. That will help them a lot, and will give you a much better critique than you otherwise would have.

When you're putting down your work, please PLEASE put down the name of the title and what genre it is. This will inspire the critiquers to actually look at the piece, as compared to slapping a url on this thread and hoping it will be looked at.

Another thing which, though not points, can be just as equally good, which is "trading off" stories. You critique mine, I critique yours sort of thing.

Yeah... just comments.
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

118 Reviews

Reviews: 118
Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:24 pm
*Twilight* says...

Those are some good ideas I'll put them down on the rules list.

Edit: OK everybody new rules have been added so make sure you edit your post according to them. I know it costs points to edit posts but, hey you all said you have more than you need. :D
Hire people to crit your work! Get paid to crit other people's work!
The YWS crit shop: forum/viewtopic.php?t=8018

okay I think I need to grab some nachos
— BluesClues