z

Young Writers Society

Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Wed Jan 12, 2005 4:22 am
Meshugenah says...

on who the HBP could be.. there was on guy who said his name was down for eton.. isn't that (plz correct em if i'm wring!) a school for brisith royality? can't remember who, though

915 Reviews

Reviews: 915
Wed Jan 12, 2005 4:26 am
Incandescence says...

I think it'll be the chinese chick who dies. Whatever her name is. Or maybe she's not chinese. :ponders:
"If I have not seen as far as others, it is because giants were standing on my shoulders." -Hal Abelson

594 Reviews

Reviews: 594
Wed Jan 12, 2005 6:23 am
Crysi says...

You mean Cho? Maybe.. but I doubt it. I mean, she was going out with Cedric when he was killed.. I don't think J.K. would kill off two characters who were so related.

I'm gonna boycott the books if Snape dies! Same with Malfoy! :cry:

Firestarter.. I had no problem getting book 5. The day it came out, I walked into the mall, walked into the bookstore, bought a copy, and left lol! There were hundreds of copies left!
Love and Light

221 Reviews

Reviews: 221
Wed Jan 12, 2005 8:27 am
Elelel says...

Half blood prince... hmmm... I really would say Neville, but he's not half blood. It COULD be Voldemort, but that would be too easy, I'd be disapointed if it was. Although it fits if he were to take over and call himself a prince.

Nah, Snape'll be human. Has to be. He's, well, NORMAL when you think about it. If it were me writing it, he'd be human, it'd be a point I'd be trying to get across.

If Ron, Hermione, Snape, Malfoy, or Lupin die, I will never, ever forgive J.K Rowling.
Oh, you're angry! Click your pen.
--Music and Lyrics

103 Reviews

Reviews: 103
Wed Jan 12, 2005 6:43 pm
Tessitore says...

Hm... a really good place for information is:

http://veritaserum.com/

It's packed full of Harry Potter info, and they're always checking the facts twice... and such. Rowling has announced that the half-blood prince is NOT Harry or Voldemort... I don't know if anyone covered that yet, I'm just pointing it out again.

I'm going with a old character that hasn't really been around much... like one of Harry's dorm mates or something.

Can't remember names. Really bad since I just got finished reading book five over again two days ago.

I'm kind of scared, though. I have to admit that when I heard the title I was all... "oh". I hope she doesn't so anything... bad with it. Please, please, please let her not have rushed it. I would wait ten years if she just got the story RIGHT.

A good thing I like to say about book contracts and deadlines is; If Tolkein was rushed, do you think he would still be a legend to this day?

I just hope Rowling made sure that she was completley happy with the outcome. I'm very patient when it comes to books. Nothing should be rushed. Rushing things just makes them bad. Really bad. I hope she did it right... I really do...

I need to pre-order it...
I'm not even angry... I'm being so sincere right now.
Even though you broke my heart.
And killed me... And tore me to pieces.
And threw every piece into a fire.
-"Still Alive"- GLaDOS

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Wed Jan 12, 2005 6:47 pm
Firestarter says...

on who the HBP could be.. there was on guy who said his name was down for eton.. isn't that (plz correct em if i'm wring!) a school for brisith royality?

Corrected.

It's not for royalty, although, royalty often go there. It's just a very expensive and high class boarding school. The guy was Justin Flintch-Blah blah can't remember.

It either impies 1) He's rich 2) He's an aristocrat or 3) He's royalty, in order of likelihood.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

103 Reviews

Fri Jan 14, 2005 4:00 pm
Tessitore says...

From Veritaserum, the verified facts of Book 6:

Release Date: July 16, 2005

The following is a list of facts that we know about book six, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince.

From JKRowling.com:
- The link between Chamber of Secrets and Half-Blood Prince relates to a discovery Harry made in 'Chamber' that foreshadows something that he finds out in 'Prince'.
- Tom Riddle is not the Half Blood Prince (he is Voldemort).
- Arthur Weasley is not the Minister of Magic.
- Crucial information in The Half-Blood Prince was originally planned to be placed in Chamber of Secrets, the second book.
- The HBP (half-blood prince) is not Harry or Voldemort.
- There will not be two chapters in book six titled "Lupin's Papers" and "The Lovegoods in Court."
- An excerpt from HBP: "He looked rather like an old lion. There were streaks of grey in his mane of tawny hair and his bushy eyebrows; he had keen yellowish eyes behind a pair of wire-rimmed spectacles and a certain rangy, loping grace even though he walked with a slight limp."
- More characters will die in book six.
- Three chapter titles from the Half-Blood Prince: "Spinners End" (Chap. 2), "Draco's Detour" (Chap. 6), and "Felix Felicis" (Chap. 14)
- Neville and Luna will not form a relationship with each other.
- Harry's shortened stay at the Dursley's (see below) will not result from another court case - rather, he will be leaving for "a much pleasanter reason."

From August 2004 Edinburgh Book Festival:
- Grawp will become more controllable in the sixth book.
- There will be a new character called McClaggan.
- We will see a bit more of Rita Skeeter.
- Petunia Dursley is not a Squib, as she is a muggle, but there is more to Petunia than what meets the eye - we will find out what that is.
- Life gets "quite tough" for most of the characters, especially Harry.
- We will see more of Blaise Zabini, who was recently confirmed as male.
- Dudley Dursley is not the Half Blood Prince.
- Professor Lockhart will not appear in future books.

From March 2004 World Book Day Chat:
- We'll find out more about Peter Pettigrew and what happened to him.
- Harry will tell his nearest and dearest about the propechy when he's ready.
- The wizarding world is really at war again, and Harry has to master his own feelings to make himself useful.
- Muggles are noticing more and more odd happenings now that Voldemort has returned.
- We will find out more about the circumstances of Voldemort's birth.
- Tonks and Moaning Myrtle will be back.
- Harry won't stay with the Dursleys all summer; in fact, he will have his shortest stay yet.
- We'll see more of Narcissa Malfoy.
- Hermione and Draco will not date (duh...)
- We'll find out more about the relationship between Snape and Sirius in their Hogwarts days.
- Harry won't get back together with Cho Chang.
- Winky will never be in the same state she was prior to the events of Goblet of Fire.
- We will find out more about Grawp, the giant (Hagrid's half-brother).
- There will be a new Minister of Magic.
-"Still Alive"- GLaDOS

14 Reviews

Reviews: 14
Sat Jan 15, 2005 7:54 am
uniaeca says...

I think the HBP will be Dean Thomas, and before any of you ask, yes he is a half-blood. It tells you on J K Rowlings on site. He's father died when he was young, from death eaters, and his mother wasn't sure but guessed that his father was a wizard. So that's what I reckon.

I want to go to the bookstore and wait in line with my friend, while having it pre-ordered but I don't think I'll be allowed. Ahh the problems with being underaged.
Sporks!! and Waffles!! Ohhhh that waffley goodness stabbed with a spork!

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Sat Jan 15, 2005 9:48 am
Willow says...

I don't know who the hbp is gonna be, but I think the major character who's gonna die is Dumbledore.
Oh, and Harry is a half blood (it says so in the Order of the Pheonix). Can't wait till July :lol:
My life is a broken stair
Winding down a ruined tower
and leading no where

103 Reviews

Sat Jan 15, 2005 4:56 pm
Tessitore says...

Willow wrote:I don't know who the hbp is gonna be, but I think the major character who's gonna die is Dumbledore.
Oh, and Harry is a half blood (it says so in the Order of the Pheonix). Can't wait till July :lol:

*grumble*

If Dumbledore dies, I'm gonna be pissed... but I don't think it's going to happen for another book *crosses fingers*

Okay, polls out:

Is Harry going to die at the end of the series?
-"Still Alive"- GLaDOS

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Jan 15, 2005 5:32 pm
Firestarter says...

Yes, Harry will die. Right at the end of the seventh book. He'll kill Voldemort once and for all and will die consequently.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

Random avatar

Reviews: 3
Thu Jan 20, 2005 9:10 pm
smilyfacebkwrm says...

No, Harry is not going to die just because that would make everyone very upset. Who wants to read 7 books about this character JUST TO HAVE HIM DIE IN THE END? Umm, not me!

But as for who the HBP is? I really don't know. I think Hagrid seems like a good possibility. And I think in the book something is going to happen with Snape and with Neville's parents. I'm not sure what, though.

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Jan 20, 2005 9:15 pm
Firestarter says...

Harry is going to die, get over it.

Think about everything that Harry has learned. It makes perfect sense.

Isn't "scar" supposed to be the last word in the 7th book?

"As Harry lay motionless on the ground, the crowd watched in quiet fascination as his forehead changed. There was no scar."

Sucks I know. But I think the scar will disappear once Voldemort is finally gone.

Random avatar

Reviews: 3
Thu Jan 20, 2005 11:04 pm
smilyfacebkwrm says...

Yeah that makes sense I guess ... but I don't WANT him to die. That just won't make me happy :( I'll probably cry, actually, if Harry dies. Books make me cry a lot...

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Fri Jan 21, 2005 12:04 am
Meshugenah says...

I agree, he's going to die.
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

while she was studying the ways of pasta he was studying the ways of the sword
— soundofmind