Young Writers Society

Girls, girls, girls 16 and over:

145 Reviews

Reviews: 145
Mon Jan 10, 2005 4:47 am
View Likes
Tara says...

Remember, all this depends on the girl.
I Like sweet guys, but they also have to be adventurous. I like a guy who you can do crazy things with. In my opinion, guys shouldn't hit girls, but girls ahouldn't hit guys, either. Not because either gender is weaker, but out of kindness. Guys shouldn't be afraid to box a girl, or wrestle her, and they certainly shouldn't take it easy on her because she's a girl. My first b/f and I always had wrestling fights, and they would get violent sometimes. Not angry violence, but "playfull violence." Of course, not all girls think this fun, as I said before, we're all different. You should get to know the woman to knowhow to act around her, and how to treat her. This does not mean change yourself, but controll certain things you might say or do that could hurt her. :wink:
"You can go a long way with a smile. You can go a lot farther with a smile and a gun." -Al Capone

94 Reviews

Reviews: 94
Mon Jan 10, 2005 3:38 pm
View Likes
Zion says...

Alright guys, I've got another good hint... Handkerchieves... When a girl starts crying, it doesn't look too good when you sit there having no idea what to do. If your smooth, dab their faces for them. If you do it to be friendly, say, "It's okay" or "Now now, we can't have that." while you clear their tears. But, if you are doing it because you have a crush on them, don't say anything. Just look them in the eyes while you dab them. Or, you could just give them the cloth so that they do it themselves. If you want to go even further, spray some cologne on the tip of your handkerchief to give it a remeberence that it was you that was there for her. Why do I say on the tip? Well, you don't want to be smearing oil into their eyes, as it will sting... lol that will suck if that happens.

My point too. Hey Z maybe we should open up a new club
"Casanova writers" :P 8) :D :lol:
Without sensibility no object would be given to us, without understanding no object would be thought. Thoughts without content are empty, intuitions without concepts are blind.

Immanuel Kant
"Critique of Pure Reason"

324 Reviews

Reviews: 324
Mon Jan 10, 2005 6:22 pm
View Likes
-KayJuran- says...

Arvandor wrote:KJ, about your post. Like Firestarter said, not in front of his friends I suppose. Guys don't like that sort of things. Well, at least they say they don't :wink: Still, it depends on his character. But a flower may do the trick also. Guys also have thir femine sides as well.

i wasnt gunna recite it 2 him... i get
embarrassed bout that sorta thing... :?
i wuz just thinkin of givin it him at some
point... :wink:

64 Reviews

Reviews: 64
Tue Jan 11, 2005 6:02 pm
View Likes
Elocina says...

I get kinda rough sometimes, but I never bruise anyone. I agree with Tara, neither gender is weaker. I like to have fun, and I don't like a relationship to be all romance. The ordinary conversations is nice, too. I get embarrassed about public affection; even when my bf makes references to private stuff. There was a time when he was joking about how he knew why I wasn't bothered by the thought of sharing a pop when he'd already taken a drink. :oops: Ahhh, it's good for me. I need that sort of treatment every so often. He doesn't do it a lot, and he mentioned this in the company of friends. They ignored it.
Feeling stupid? Follow me!

94 Reviews

Reviews: 94
Tue Jan 11, 2005 6:59 pm
View Likes
Zion says...

KayJuran wrote:
Arvandor wrote:KJ, about your post. Like Firestarter said, not in front of his friends I suppose. Guys don't like that sort of things. Well, at least they say they don't :wink: Still, it depends on his character. But a flower may do the trick also. Guys also have thir femine sides as well.

i wasnt gunna recite it 2 him... i get
embarrassed bout that sorta thing... :?
i wuz just thinkin of givin it him at some
point... :wink:

That was I talking about, not recitiating
Without sensibility no object would be given to us, without understanding no object would be thought. Thoughts without content are empty, intuitions without concepts are blind.

Immanuel Kant
"Critique of Pure Reason"

145 Reviews

Tue Jan 11, 2005 9:59 pm
View Likes
Tara says...

C Elocin wrote:I get kinda rough sometimes, but I never bruise anyone. I agree with Tara, neither gender is weaker. I like to have fun, and I don't like a relationship to be all romance. The ordinary conversations is nice, too. I get embarrassed about public affection; even when my bf makes references to private stuff. There was a time when he was joking about how he knew why I wasn't bothered by the thought of sharing a pop when he'd already taken a drink. :oops: Ahhh, it's good for me. I need that sort of treatment every so often. He doesn't do it a lot, and he mentioned this in the company of friends. They ignored it.

Yeah, the guy you love should be a freind as well as a bf.
"You can go a long way with a smile. You can go a lot farther with a smile and a gun." -Al Capone

594 Reviews

Reviews: 594
Wed Jan 12, 2005 12:16 am
View Likes
Crysi says...

Definitely! Although.. you wanna be careful about dating really good friends. If the relationship goes wrong, you may lose that friend forever.. *cringes* :?
Love and Light

145 Reviews

Wed Jan 12, 2005 1:15 am
View Likes
Tara says...

I've never lost a freind in a relationship, although my one bf and I decided to be freinds again b/c we liked it better when we were just freinds. We seemed to have more fun.

576 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 576
Wed Jan 12, 2005 2:40 am
View Likes
Ego says...

My take on this;

Be real. Period.

Be sincere and honest, and under no circumstances lie. Chivalry always gains points, but too much appears to them as sexism. (IE, hold the door but don't do her homework for her)

Sincere comments on appearance (that you REALLY mean) are good...

Unnecessary arguments are not good...(after all, girls are always right...)

Strength is good, as is confidence, but NOT boastfulness or *sshole syndrome. Women are instinctively attracted to men who represent someone who can take care of her and defend her (this is NOT a sexcist comment; read a psychology book).

uh...that's it I guess.

51 Reviews

Reviews: 51
Wed Jan 12, 2005 3:30 am
View Likes
ZZAP says...

Hmmmm... It seems that I've failed on your accounts?! Girls always right? Bah! It's all about the chase my friend... Keep running after her, even if it's for not real reason. Know to have fun while doing it. Arguing, is healthy for the relationship, as it shows that you two are working to fit eachother. Serious arguments are good too, but not too many. My A$$HOLE SYDROME is what makes me who I am. But I do it jokingly, it's amazing how many females think its attractive. I haven't done it too much on the board, as we are online, not in person. Basically, my fat ego is the comedy that kisses the ladies.

Ah the savior... *sigh* Don't get me started, please don't...

-Z

576 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 576
Wed Jan 12, 2005 4:34 am
View Likes
Ego says...

I was more referring to the pointless bickering that normally comes with the territory...learn to deal with it, not dwell on it.

But hey, with this girl I'm learning as I go, so I could be wrong :wink:

594 Reviews

Reviews: 594
Wed Jan 12, 2005 6:19 am
View Likes
Crysi says...

ZZAP wrote:Hmmmm... It seems that I've failed on your accounts?! Girls always right? Bah! It's all about the chase my friend... Keep running after her, even if it's for not real reason. Know to have fun while doing it. Arguing, is healthy for the relationship, as it shows that you two are working to fit eachother. Serious arguments are good too, but not too many. My A$$HOLE SYDROME is what makes me who I am. But I do it jokingly, it's amazing how many females think its attractive. I haven't done it too much on the board, as we are online, not in person. Basically, my fat ego is the comedy that kisses the ladies.

Ah the savior... *sigh* Don't get me started, please don't...

-Z

Hmm.. did you show it more on Daniel's site? :wink:
Love and Light

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Thu Jan 13, 2005 4:37 pm
View Likes
Firestarter says...

Advice needed: I went out with this girl for 4 months and she broke up with me about 4 months ago, funnily enough. However, recently (okay, I admit, a couple of weeks ago) I thought I noticed a little spark between us, when at a friends. It was after Christmas and a load of us went round to my friend's house and I spent most of the time sitting next to her talking...I still really like her, what do you propose I do? I'm not sure if I wanna ruin our friendship, and if she doesn't like me at all, that will be such a waste.

[/hijack thread]
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

103 Reviews

Reviews: 103
Thu Jan 13, 2005 5:57 pm
View Likes
Tessitore says...

Girls liked to be touched (unless they're one of those odd people that... don't). All girls seem to have self-esteem issues and when you touch them--you know, little pets and stuff--you're saying, "Hey, you're pretty. I really like you. I really like touching you." Brushing hair back, playing with a hand while you two talk side by side, that sort of thing. Nothing... like, outlandishly sexual, but something to just let them know that you like the feel of their skin. Too much distance, I've found, makes girls think that you don't care enough to just reach out.

Guys, I have no idea. I'm still strange on that one. I touch them a lot and some of them get uncomfortable. Why? Do they like it too much or do they not like it at all? When I press they get even more uncomfortable, so I let the issue lie, but I'm still curious.
I'm not even angry... I'm being so sincere right now.
Even though you broke my heart.
And killed me... And tore me to pieces.
And threw every piece into a fire.
-"Still Alive"- GLaDOS

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Thu Jan 13, 2005 10:31 pm
View Likes
Meshugenah says...

i have no idea abotu guys... but i agree Tess, girls do like that.

It is not enough to do your best; you must know what to do, and THEN do your best.
— W. Edwards Deming