English.
83%

Total votes : 35

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Thu Jan 26, 2006 4:22 am
Snoink says...

There are those who llike math or those who like English, according to a student I overheard while I was doing math homework. She was complaining because she like English better and, for some strange reason, didn't really want to do calculus. Who would have thought!

Anyway, which one are you? Are you more into the abstract nuances of character and emotion, or do you prefer the startling clarity of logic and math? And I know we have crossovers, but which one do you most identify yourself with?

I would have to go with math. :P
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

375 Reviews

Reviews: 375
Thu Jan 26, 2006 4:36 am
Dargquon Ql'deleodna says...

its as simple as this, they both suck
Life's a B*tch, slap it upside the head.

Dargquon Ql'deleodna: (n) "Dar-qu-on Kel-del-ode-na" something i made up that sounded cool, partially based off of the Drow Drizzt Do'Urden's name style

863 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 863
Thu Jan 26, 2006 4:50 am
Griffinkeeper says...

I like English, simply because it is harder and more expressive.
Moderator Emeritus (frozen in carbonite.)

375 Reviews

Reviews: 375
Thu Jan 26, 2006 5:14 am
Dargquon Ql'deleodna says...

but if i had to choose it woudl be english for grif's reasons
Life's a B*tch, slap it upside the head.

Dargquon Ql'deleodna: (n) "Dar-qu-on Kel-del-ode-na" something i made up that sounded cool, partially based off of the Drow Drizzt Do'Urden's name style

594 Reviews

Reviews: 594
Thu Jan 26, 2006 5:53 am
Crysi says...

You know... Kevin's really a bad influence on me, because I don't know anymore. I used to love English and hate math. As of today, I love math and hate English.

So we'll see.
Love and Light

683 Reviews

Reviews: 683
Thu Jan 26, 2006 7:20 am
Emma says...

At the moment... I like both. Only because I have good teachers that know how to teach me. Plus, they make it more fun! Heh, I'm weird... x]

576 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 576
Thu Jan 26, 2006 7:26 am
Ego says...

I love both applied mathematics and aplied english--and depsise theories in both subjects. Theoretical Calculus sucks. Memorizing all the theories and such is tedious and boring--doing the problems can be fun as long as you have a trusty HP. Can't be TI, TI sucks ;)

I really hate english in terms of grammar and crap because it uses big, stupid words to break down one of the coolest things on Earth--expressing emotions and escribing stuff using really long and complicated words and eloquently worded sentences.
Got YWS? I do.

Lumi: Don't you drag my donobby into this.
Lumi: He's the sweetest angel this side of hades.

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Jan 26, 2006 7:52 am
Snoink says...

TI SUCKS??? Take it back!

Hehehe... for my first calculus course, one of my classmates had a HP. It sucked. Nobody knew how to work it (even her) and... let's say it didn't work. I told her it was possessed. *strokes TI-89 fondly*

Actually, as I type, my TI-89 is safely positioned in my lap, turned off after a grueling 10 hour day of pure math. Wow.

I love English in the grammar and stuff, but it's because I think I was dropped when I was a child. :P Either that or I have an extremely large memory for those kinds of things, so it all comes naturally anyway. :D

Don't worry Crysi... I'm sure you'll hate both equally as much soon. :lol:

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

576 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 576
Thu Jan 26, 2006 8:05 am
Ego says...

Yeah you heard me Snoinky Darling.

The HP is about 10X more effective than a TI when used correctly. Unfortnately, the HP is a lost art that few know, and even fewer have mastered. That makes me special ;)
Got YWS? I do.

Lumi: Don't you drag my donobby into this.
Lumi: He's the sweetest angel this side of hades.

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Jan 26, 2006 8:16 am
Snoink says...

I don't doubt you're special. ;)

820 Reviews

Reviews: 820
Thu Jan 26, 2006 12:56 pm
Myth says...

I love English and always have done. As for Maths, I didn't really like it and wasn't very good because I didn't understand my teacher and he didn't explain anything to me. But towards the end of secondary school I started to like it because my teacher explained things more clearly, so now I love both.
.: ₪ :.

'...'

128 Reviews

Reviews: 128
Thu Jan 26, 2006 2:35 pm
Galatea says...

I stink at math. I have no capacity or joy for it. Therefore, I prefer English.
Sing lustily and with a good courage. Beware of singing as if you were half dead, or half asleep; but lift up your voice with strength.

94 Reviews

Reviews: 94
Thu Jan 26, 2006 4:28 pm
Zion says...

Math.... ::shivers:: *b****-slaps Snoink* Where is IT? huh?! :lol: Now I'll hafta go for english! blargh..... *sobs*

You should know better than to swear, Arvy m'dear. Keep it clean, please. ~Crys

----------------
IT-Internet Technologies. For technology rawks and you know it. ;) If you dont, that stop using the computer and ban yourself from the internet for life.
Without sensibility no object would be given to us, without understanding no object would be thought. Thoughts without content are empty, intuitions without concepts are blind.

Immanuel Kant
"Critique of Pure Reason"

147 Reviews

Reviews: 147
Thu Jan 26, 2006 6:55 pm
sabradan says...

History!....erm...English, because math is an evil plague that must be destroyed from this earth.
"He who takes a life...it is as if he has destroyed an entire world....but he who saves one life, it is as if he has saved the world entire" Talmud Sanhedrin 4:5

!Hasta la victoria siempre! (Always, until Victory!)
-Ernesto "Che" Guevarra

915 Reviews

Reviews: 915
Thu Jan 26, 2006 7:00 pm
Incandescence says...

If by "English" you mean, "Critical Theory and Criticism," then, yes, I like it.

If by "Math" you mean, "Partial Differential Equations" and "Complex Analysis," then, yes, I like it.

But...IF by "English" you actually mean, "Literature," then, no, I don't like it. Only select writings -- those of which you never read in school -- made Literature worth a glance.

And...IF by "Math" you actually mean, "Real Analysis" or "Regression Theory," then, yes, I still like it.

I suppose I'm a Math person, given the current dichotomy. But, honestly, I love Chemical Engineering.

You're wrong about humanity. They are your greatest creation because they're better than you are. Sure, they're weak, and they cheat and steal and destroy and disappoint, but they also give and create, and they sing and dance and love. Above all, they never give up.
— Metatron