z

Young Writers Society

Camping Stories

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Mon Jan 23, 2006 1:47 am
Nate says...

So this past weekend, I went camping for two nights with my boy scout troop, which I'm now an assistant scoutmaster in. Actually ended up coming home for a few hours on Saturday since I needed to pick my mom up (we had Venturers, which is co-ed, and rules require at least one adult woman at night) and my neighbor (who was on the trip too) needed me to drive him home so that he could go to a b-ball game. But anyways...

Friday night was really warm thanks to a spectacular heat-wave. Saturday was a bit chilly, but not unbearable, but Sunday morning was cold. Got below 20 overnight, and it was 23 when we woke up (all temps in farhenheit).

The weather made it more like a fall camping trip than a winter camping trip, but we were all still very much cold. I've been home for nine hours now and I'm still trying to get my core body temperature up.

Overall, it was so much fun. I love campfires, I love cooking over a fire, I love hiking, and I love camping. I just love the challenge of having to forgo anything electronic for a couple days.

So, does anybody have any interesting camping stories? I have a ton which I'll probably share over the next week.

Random avatar

Reviews: 142
Mon Jan 23, 2006 2:06 am
Doctor Kitty says...

I go camping with my dad and a friend of his and his son every once in a while. Last time, it wasn't very fun at all. It was Fall, and it was freezing. We woke up the next morning and all our water had frozen. And the smoke from the fire constantly aimed for my eye. *whine* *complain*

So, the last camping trip definitely wasn't the best...

ah yes my boiling cheetohs
— tatteredbones