z

Young Writers Society

Dungeons and Dragons

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Wed Jan 05, 2005 5:19 pm
Firestarter says...

Does anybody here play D&D? Or has done at some point?

I hadn't done for about a year but just recently I have joined a new campaign with my friends.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

44 Reviews

Reviews: 44
Wed Jan 05, 2005 5:27 pm
WinterGrimm says...

Yay! I was in a dry spot of roleplaying for a bit, but now I'm in three campains a week. Are you playing the newest 3.5 system or an older breed?
That love is suffering is easy to see, for before the love becomes equally balanced on both sides there is no torment greater, since the lover is always in fear that his love may not gain its desire and that he is wasting his efforts.
Andreas Cappelanus, The Art of Courtly Love

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Jan 05, 2005 5:29 pm
Firestarter says...

We play 3.0....we should probably try and update to 3.5 but nobody can be bothered learning the differences, so we go for the lazy way out.

What about you?
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

44 Reviews

Wed Jan 05, 2005 5:33 pm
WinterGrimm says...

I got all the 3.5 books as soon as they came out. They have the updates online though. The changes are very minimal, but the Ranger and Paladin classes got more beefy. Like the Ranger can choose a two weapon path or an archery path, and Paladin gets smite evil up to five times per day.
That love is suffering is easy to see, for before the love becomes equally balanced on both sides there is no torment greater, since the lover is always in fear that his love may not gain its desire and that he is wasting his efforts.

44 Reviews

Wed Jan 05, 2005 5:35 pm
WinterGrimm says...

Have you played any other systems? Right now I have two D&D campagns going and one Vampire: The Requiem.

I've also played Shadowrun, Legend of the Five Rings, Big Eyes, Small Mouth, Marvel, and the old and new World of Darkness.

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Jan 05, 2005 5:35 pm
Firestarter says...

I'm glad those two classes got changed, The Ranger definitely deserved to be altered.

I love D&D, it's the best game just to play and have fun. It's such a laugh.

14 Reviews

Reviews: 14
Wed Jan 05, 2005 6:46 pm
iced.cappuchino says...

Heheh, I played AD&D for a while, but since me and my friends never actually got around to reading all of the GM-ing book...

We just looked at the basic outline and ran with it. ^__^; It certainly made for an... interesting game play. XD

Random avatar

Reviews: 15
Wed Jan 05, 2005 7:39 pm
Morran says...

I play 3.0 D&D every so often. One of my friends recently finished a campaign, and he is starting up a modified D&D Sci-Fi system that I'm in now, as well. I also play a diceless Mage game on Saturdays. Incidentally, I'm in the middle of creating my own modified D&D system for a pre-established fantasy world. Fun, but a lot of work...

128 Reviews

Reviews: 128
Wed Jan 05, 2005 8:33 pm
Galatea says...

Hmm. I never D&Ded, but I did run a Vampyre: The Masquarade LARP ring for a while. I LOVE LARP.
Sing lustily and with a good courage. Beware of singing as if you were half dead, or half asleep; but lift up your voice with strength.

324 Reviews

Reviews: 324
Wed Jan 05, 2005 11:11 pm
-KayJuran- says...

ive never played d&d but ive got a
group of friends who do... ive
always wanted to try it but i cant
help thinking i'd make a mess of
it...

whats it like? has anyone seen that
cartoon thing of d&d on the internet?
i'll try to find the web address for it...

:P

14 Reviews

Reviews: 14
Thu Jan 06, 2005 12:51 am
iced.cappuchino says...

Galatea wrote:Hmm. I never D&Ded, but I did run a Vampyre: The Masquarade LARP ring for a while. I LOVE LARP.

LARP?

Is that 'Live Action Role Playing'? o.o

((Excuse me for my ignorance >__<))

481 Reviews

Reviews: 481
Thu Jan 06, 2005 1:42 am
Bobo says...

Meh, I used to play that, but it was wasting my time and I never got past 3rd level.

128 Reviews

Reviews: 128
Thu Jan 06, 2005 2:26 am
Galatea says...

Yuppers. LARP is Live Action Role Play. IFGS (International Fantasy Gamers Society) would hold whole weekends at retreat centers for games. Whee! Fun!
Sing lustily and with a good courage. Beware of singing as if you were half dead, or half asleep; but lift up your voice with strength.

94 Reviews

Reviews: 94
Thu Jan 06, 2005 1:55 pm
Zion says...

Considering the fact that with macedonians standards D&D is very expensive AND theres only a single wizards of the coast shop in the entire country, no i havent. But I role play pc games mostly. wow SHADOWRUN, I soooo wanna know more about it. You guys ever heard of it. Its quite an old story. btw, many ideas in 'matrix' are stolen from that game.
Without sensibility no object would be given to us, without understanding no object would be thought. Thoughts without content are empty, intuitions without concepts are blind.

Immanuel Kant
"Critique of Pure Reason"

I don't care what the miserable excuse is for showing the death of books, live, on screen. Men, I could understand; but books! -
— Edwin Morgan, From the Video Box 2