z

Young Writers Society

VERY IMPORTANT!

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Tue Jan 17, 2006 6:37 am
Snoink says...

Okay, I know you've probably heard this message five billion and one times, but I figure that it ought to be said five billion and two times.

If you ever find yourself in a situation that is uncomfortable and leaves you confused and unsure about yourself, then confide in a trusted adult you know about it. You might think that adults don't understand you, or that you're strong and can handle it by yourself, or, like I usually do, that you don't want to "burden" your confidant with uncomfortable information that you can barely handle.

But this is wrong. If you feel absolutely overwhelmed, then talk to an adult you trust. Most likely, that adult has been through similar trials and can help you. And it doesn't mean you're weak at all -- nobody's weak when they're actually confronting a problem. They are only weak if they ignore the problem or procrastinate indefinitely. Let me tell you; the problem will only get worse. And don't feel guilty about burdening others with uncomfortable information. By trying to bear it by yourself, you are actually doing yourself and them a disservice anyway! By telling them what is going on, they can comfort or even help you out of your predictament. And once you tell them, it will feel wonderful.

You don't have to feel hopeless.
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

863 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 863
Tue Jan 17, 2006 7:03 am
Griffinkeeper says...

YES! Secrets hurt!
Moderator Emeritus (frozen in carbonite.)

375 Reviews

Reviews: 375
Tue Jan 17, 2006 7:04 am
Dargquon Ql'deleodna says...

that is very important thank you for reminding me snoink, im gonna ask my mom for a psycologist l8er today ...

im rfeally messed up..
Life's a B*tch, slap it upside the head.

Dargquon Ql'deleodna: (n) "Dar-qu-on Kel-del-ode-na" something i made up that sounded cool, partially based off of the Drow Drizzt Do'Urden's name style

196 Reviews

Reviews: 196
Thu Jan 19, 2006 3:16 am
Shriek says...

Words of wisdom, Snoink. Thanks for sharing.
i thought you were shallow, but then i fell in deep.

147 Reviews

Reviews: 147
Thu Jan 19, 2006 4:04 am
sabradan says...

What brought this up?
"He who takes a life...it is as if he has destroyed an entire world....but he who saves one life, it is as if he has saved the world entire" Talmud Sanhedrin 4:5

!Hasta la victoria siempre! (Always, until Victory!)
-Ernesto "Che" Guevarra

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Thu Jan 19, 2006 4:28 am
Snoink says...

A stupid perv. :P

But... I've cluttered my blog enough with that, lol. Better not clutter the entire forum. O_o
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Thu Jan 19, 2006 6:01 am
Jiggity says...

What perv?
You cant mention a thing like that and then not saying anything.
Go on...confide in us.
Mah name is jiggleh. And I like to jiggle.

"Indecision and terror, thy name is novel." - Chiko

Stay gold, Ponyboy.
— S.E. Hinton