z

Young Writers Society

What does your username mean?

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Tue Jan 10, 2006 5:54 am
Jiggity says...

Shutup!!! Saw was awesome!!! Unparralleled brilliance!!!!
Mah name is jiggleh. And I like to jiggle.

"Indecision and terror, thy name is novel." - Chiko

128 Reviews

Reviews: 128
Tue Jan 10, 2006 5:58 am
Galatea says...

Like I said, it had potential. It was graphic and gory and had a pleasant cruel irony to it, but from an actor's persepctive, it was utterly laughable.
Sing lustily and with a good courage. Beware of singing as if you were half dead, or half asleep; but lift up your voice with strength.

56 Reviews

Reviews: 56
Tue Jan 10, 2006 6:00 am
Snip Snip says...

Snip Snip ---> I love scissors. And blood. And one time my friend cut up her arm with a pair of scissors.
so give me all your poison,
and give me all your pills,
if this is what you want then
FIRE AT WILL

128 Reviews

Reviews: 128
Tue Jan 10, 2006 6:04 am
Galatea says...

Ooooh. I'm so shocked. Really.
Sing lustily and with a good courage. Beware of singing as if you were half dead, or half asleep; but lift up your voice with strength.

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Tue Jan 10, 2006 6:06 am
Areida says...

Dan-- I think it's all right. There's been so many people on this thread already... besides, I don't have the time or inclination to go look for the old one anyway.

My name comes from the Ayorthian character in Gail Carson Levine's brilliant Ella Enchanted: Areida.

The 07? Beats the heck out of me. It's always Areida07 or Areida08, just 'cuz I like those numbers.
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

657 Reviews

Reviews: 657
Tue Jan 10, 2006 6:18 am
Jennafina says...

Jennafina> As far as possible from my real name, but still has the letters of it. I thought it up when I was four, and its been my alias name ever since! :)

863 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 863
Tue Jan 10, 2006 6:47 am
Griffinkeeper says...

Griffinkeeper- Quite literally, the god of the gryphons for my stories. It is derived from the basic notion that we are the god of our characters.

Hence, the frequency of gryphon characters in my stories.
Moderator Emeritus (frozen in carbonite.)

576 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 576
Tue Jan 10, 2006 6:50 am
Ego says...

Phoenix:

I figure that I fall into and pull myself out of depression so much that it fight rather nicely. Y'know, reborn from the ashes and all that jazz.
Got YWS? I do.

Lumi: Don't you drag my donobby into this.
Lumi: He's the sweetest angel this side of hades.

683 Reviews

Reviews: 683
Tue Jan 10, 2006 7:42 am
Emma says...

Emma - because that's my name, and it's amazing. It rocks. Mawah.

126 Reviews

Reviews: 126
Tue Jan 10, 2006 4:10 pm
Bjorn says...

Erethror was the name of the main character in a story of mine(naturally incomplete; and now I look at it, quite bad), two years ago. Because I had just read the Hobbit, and I was inspired by it to write the story(which had a similar idea as The Hobit...), thus Erethror was, I think, subconsciously concieved(Ere=from Erebor[the Lonely Mountain]; Thror=from Thor[King Under the Mountain). When I dropped that story, I began devising another story, to be much better and thought of then the previous; and Erethror was to be the name given to the main character, by the elves of 'The Wood', when he became king of it. I needed to give the name a meaning, and it was something like Green King or Leaf. (Er=green, Thror=king). I dropped that story to, still lacking in many things(I did get a good chapter or two more than the previous!). So it stayed a forum name since it was of use to me, but now that the legacy of Erethror has all but passed, my name is different on newer forums. Now they are related to names from my current story! Yes, but this one has been forming in mind and on paper for just about a year, and is still ever-evolving. I might actually begin writing (the story) soon, but I might wait until I have more technical issues straightened up.

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Tue Jan 10, 2006 4:31 pm
Firestarter says...

Firestarter I took from a game I never played but I thought it sounded cool.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Tue Jan 10, 2006 5:00 pm
Nai says...

My name was originally going to be the name of the main character in the book series i'm working on now.

But whenever I come up with a new or better name for him, I "Google it" to see if the name is taken in any way, or if it already means something.

Aniar, I found, is a Celtic music recording company.

(I found this out after I made it my username)

P.S.: I will admit, the first Saw wasn't that bad... lol but it was more of a publicity stunt for Lions Gate Films than a movie. Now, this Saw trilogy is setting the new standard for how much modern fake gore and death you can put into a movie and still have people like it. And this movie Hostel coming out... with Tarantino in the project (not sure the extent of how involved in the movie he is, but it can't be minor)? I'm sorry, but Quentin Tarantino is known for his originality and strangeness; so combine Saw with originality....... :|
ἓν οἶδα ὅτι οὐδὲν οἶδα

266 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 266
Tue Jan 10, 2006 6:06 pm
backgroundbob says...

Way back when (those good 'ole high school days), I was in a band called Backgroundnoise. We were absolutely rubbish, because we were all really young and couldn't play our instruments, but it was fun, and the name backgroundbob somehow stuck. Because I am, of course, bob in real life :D

and that's it; I've used it pretty much everywhere I've been online, so I doubt I'll change it anytime soon.
The Oneday Cafe
though we do not speak, we are by no means silent.

14 Reviews

Reviews: 14
Tue Jan 10, 2006 6:42 pm
Eyes says...

The eyes are the windows to the soul. You get a glipse of it every time you read one of my posts!!

Random avatar

Reviews: 109
Tue Jan 10, 2006 7:06 pm
Teeeeo. says...

I made it up for a Harry Potter character awhile back, like in the 4th grade...

I use it everywhere, 'cept for e-mail addresses...

Plus, I won't change it, since I thought up and added a sister for 'im...

Did you ever hear the Tragedy of Darth Plagueis the wise? I thought not. It's not a story the Jedi would tell you. It's a Sith legend. Darth Plagueis was a Dark Lord of the Sith, so powerful and so wise he could use the Force to influence the midichlorians to create life... He had such a knowledge of the dark side that he could even keep the ones he cared about from dying. The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural. He became so powerful... the only thing he was afraid of was losing his power, which eventually, of course, he did. Unfortunately, he taught his apprentice everything he knew, then his apprentice killed him in his sleep. It's ironic he could save others from death, but not himself.
— RazorSharpPencil