z

Young Writers Society

Your Imaginary Sickness

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Thu Jan 05, 2006 3:09 am
Nai says...

Not sure if this should really go here instead of Randomness... but oh well.

Hopefully for most of you, (I don't know if this slang is used anywhere else) you've heard the term "Senioritis".

For those of you who don't know what it is, Senioritis is a joke term used as an excuse by high school Seniors for not turning in homework, not doing good on tests, and just not caring about school life anymore (since it is the last year of school)

But the purpose of this topic is to create your own illnesses!

Commenceitis!
ἓν οἶδα ὅτι οὐδὲν οἶδα

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Thu Jan 05, 2006 3:11 am
Areida says...

Forget-to-attach-it-itis.

That's when I e-mail someone and tell them I'm attaching a picture or a document... and the very promptly send the message without the attachment. Drives me nuts. :evil:
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

798 Reviews

Thu Jan 05, 2006 5:09 am
Jiggity says...

Cynical-itis: a tendency to be overly cynical or sarcastic.

You may not know me well, but thats me in a nutshell.
Not very exciting is it?
Mah name is jiggleh. And I like to jiggle.

"Indecision and terror, thy name is novel." - Chiko

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Thu Jan 05, 2006 4:42 pm
Firestarter says...

Jackitis: A condition where the suffer acts like Jack for the rest of their life, with traumatic consequences.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

126 Reviews

Reviews: 126
Thu Jan 05, 2006 6:52 pm
Bjorn says...

Corporeal Lieninitis

Which is basically physical laziness. My mind is a beehive, my body a flop. Why can't we do work in our heads, then download them on to a computer.... :lol:

(Lien is lazy in Croatian. There, you learned something)

481 Reviews

Reviews: 481
Thu Jan 05, 2006 7:11 pm
Bobo says...

Zaphod Beeblebrox sounds like it could be an epidemic. I guess it would be an illness where your head splits into two heads, you grow and extra arm, and you become indefatigably egocentric.

Random avatar

Reviews: 1160
Thu Jan 05, 2006 7:16 pm
Elizabeth says...

Running of the Mouth
Yapping of the Lip
Blabbering of the Blow Hole

Yes, yes, yes, get the picture?

Modern Day Slang And Gang Syndrome

Side effects may include yelling, yelling, vulgar language, guns, knives, anything dangerous, stealing cars, corner street buck babes.

The one I suffer from most is, and I'm sure all of you do too:

Be online even when there is nobody on or nobody around or you're waiting for somebody and you don't know whether or not to stay online because you don't know if they'll appear so you stay online playing games or browsing around just because you can while you're waiting for them to appear online-idous

*breathes and sputters*

Oh, and ONE MORE THING:

Myspace Cold

It's affecting everybody and soon shall take over the world. Run while you still can!

Random avatar

Reviews: 665
Thu Jan 05, 2006 8:25 pm
deleted6 says...

Morbiditis when you draw or write about death.
We get off to the rhythm of the trigger and destruction. Fallujah to New Orleans with impunity to kill. We are the hidden fist of the free market.
We are the ink, we are the quill.
[The Ink And The Quill (Be Afraid) - Anti-Flag]

594 Reviews

Reviews: 594
Thu Jan 05, 2006 10:23 pm
Crysi says...

Minesweeperitis.

Definition: A serious condition in which one cannot stop playing minesweeper. Intensity varies. Immediate treatment and/or intervention is required. Symptoms include dreaming about minesweeper, looking around for mines whenever a number (1 through 8) is mentioned, and/or being physically unable to turn off the computer without successfully completing a game of minesweeper. No known cure exists, although hiding or deleting the game has been known to temporarily reverse the damage.

"Hi, my name is Crysi..." *pauses*

"Hi, Crysi!"

"...And I'm... a minesweeperholic!" *sobs* "It's so hard sometimes..."

P.S. I'm just starting to feel the symptoms of Senioritis, but I think I can hold it off for the second semester... In the 2006/2007 schoolyear, however, I'm afraid it will claim my very soul.
Love and Light

683 Reviews

Reviews: 683
Thu Jan 05, 2006 10:41 pm
Emma says...

Simolictwoitis: A condition where one person cannot spend a whole day without going onto the game called 'The Sims 2'. You will know when you have this when you suddenly start to daydream about The Sims 2, go on the game every day, spend over two hours and/or make lots of houses and stories with your Sims. Others may include; making little Sims 2 groups, downloading Sims 2 custom content, making music for The Sims 2, keep on going to local game shops and asking when the next Sims 2 Expansion pack is coming out, buying t-shirts and such with labels such as;

"I love The Sims 2"
or
[Insert Sims 2 picture here]

You have a problem then call this free number; 0800 - [blank]. We are there for you.

DAMNIT! I NEED TO CALL THAT NUMBER!

*shifty eyes* I mean, no I don't... *cough*

If you do not know what the Sims 2 game is then I now declare you stupid! The Sims 2 game is amazing. It's like big brother apart from you totally control your Sims and watch the grow up.

IT IS NOT A SIM CARD FOR YOUR PHONE! REPEAT: HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH PHONES!

...Apart from now, you can actually download the Sims 2 for your mobile.

THAT WAS FUN TO MAKE! *laughs and runs away*

147 Reviews

Reviews: 147
Thu Jan 05, 2006 11:52 pm
sabradan says...

Crysi, I had senioritis starting second semester Junior year. It got pretty bad sometimes, but I'm sure you'll figure it out.

Mine:
Partyitis
Definition: A crippling disease where those afflicted have an extreme lust to "go out" and party. symptoms include, but are not limited to: consumption of alcohol, drugs, and other slightly-less than legal pursuits. Also may include hooking up with random people, or trying to, and regretting it later, the afflicted may also forsake things more important in order to "go party and get ****** up". This is a serious disease, as it can lead to further health problems, as well as home problems, and possible dropped performance in shcool or jobs.
How to spot Partyitis: 1. the afflicted has a tendency to shout stupid, random sayings such as "I gotta fight for my right to party!" or other such nonsense, bloodshot eyes, lack of sleep, drowsiness, lack of balance, high BAC and THC levels as well as always running low on cash, and constantly having dance music pulsing through their brain. A possible warning sign of extreme partyitis is glowsticks. If your loved one is carrying around glowsticks or similar glowing objects, seek a doctor and other professional help immediately.
"He who takes a life...it is as if he has destroyed an entire world....but he who saves one life, it is as if he has saved the world entire" Talmud Sanhedrin 4:5

!Hasta la victoria siempre! (Always, until Victory!)
-Ernesto "Che" Guevarra

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Thu Jan 05, 2006 11:58 pm
Nai says...

Wow, we have some good ones.. lol Erethor I like that name

I have Ettinodeg's Malady.

It is a condition of complete loss of motivation and inspiration to do almost everything in an average life. Homework and grades suffer severly. The victim cares more about what to do at the moment, and disregards the future. Normal, everyday functions such as personal hygiene upkeep, food consumption, and arguing with parents are not affected, but obligations and hobbies suddenly become meaningless to the victim. Some symptoms may include:

-Messy room
-Occasionally paranoid
-Not able to meet deadlines
-Has a sudden hostility towards any authority
-Eagerly anticipates "getting out" or being away from parents/guardians

There is no cure for Ettinodeg's Malady, but treatment is available.
For more information talk to you doctor... or Nai.

(oh and the name, I just took "get it done", put it together, and scrambled it)

P.S. lol Crysi, Senioritis is a contagious soul disease. I've had it since first day in school I realized how much I hated homework.
ἓν οἶδα ὅτι οὐδὲν οἶδα

657 Reviews

Reviews: 657
Fri Jan 06, 2006 12:09 am
Jennafina says...

I think I might have Ettinodeg's Malady too, along with Corporeal Lieninitis, and Bordomitis: Where everything, even things that would normally be considered fun are boring. Not to be confused with Apathy, since victims are not depressed.

798 Reviews

Fri Jan 06, 2006 12:38 am
Jiggity says...

I also have Ettinodeg's Malady too, along with Corporeal Lieninitis, and Bordomitis. I think we have an epidemic on our hands. Its funny because were all diseased!!! hehehe.
Mah name is jiggleh. And I like to jiggle.

"Indecision and terror, thy name is novel." - Chiko

147 Reviews

Reviews: 147
Fri Jan 06, 2006 12:49 am
sabradan says...

Better call the Red Cross/Crescent/Magen David, as well as the WHO
"He who takes a life...it is as if he has destroyed an entire world....but he who saves one life, it is as if he has saved the world entire" Talmud Sanhedrin 4:5

!Hasta la victoria siempre! (Always, until Victory!)
-Ernesto "Che" Guevarra

Even strength must bow to wisdom sometimes.
— Rick Riordan, The Lightning Thief