33%
yep
67%

Total votes : 6

241 Reviews

Reviews: 241
Fri Dec 30, 2005 8:49 pm
zelithon says...

I think as many people as possible should go online or in the chat room on a scheduled day. Any ideas?
Adults are just obsolete children, and to hell with them!
-Dr.Suess

Deadpanners are backtalkers!

badonkadonk
Atheism is a non phophet organisation

657 Reviews

Reviews: 657
Fri Dec 30, 2005 9:26 pm
Jennafina says...

It didn't really work on YWS's birthday, I don't think. However, that was in the old chatroom, and this one's better, so I don't know. Make a third option! :D

Because everyone is all over the globe, it would be hard to pick a time when everyone would be awake. Maybe you could make another poll: Which timezone are you? (:P)
Jennafina's Love Your Body Already Dammit Campaign

forum353.html

(To find out what it really is, just click.)

241 Reviews

Reviews: 241
Fri Dec 30, 2005 9:59 pm
zelithon says...

hmmm right :o
Adults are just obsolete children, and to hell with them!
-Dr.Suess

Deadpanners are backtalkers!

badonkadonk
Atheism is a non phophet organisation

683 Reviews

Reviews: 683
Fri Dec 30, 2005 10:10 pm
Emma says...

Didn't Nate try this and it never really worked? Its hard to find a time suited for Britain, America, Australia or anywhere else. So really, I'm just repeating what jennafina is saying.

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Tue Jan 03, 2006 3:43 pm
Nate says...

I think the biggest problem last time was just a lack of communication about it. I mean, even I forgot about it...

If it became something regular, then people would remember. They might not always be able to make it, but they would know about it. The best time is probably 1 p.m. on Saturdays. That way you get everyone from the States and Canada, all the members from the UK, and even a few others from Eastern Europe. And if a few from Australia and India really feel like it, they can get on too without worrying about waking up for school.

Why don't we try starting this on Saturday January 7th? I won't be able to advertise it much since I'm going to be down in Florida starting tomorrow, but the ball can get rolling now.

Random avatar

Reviews: 142
Tue Jan 03, 2006 6:43 pm
Doctor Kitty says...

So what time zone do you mean by 1pm? GMT? xD

Tell me the time zone and I'll slam it into people's minds for the next 3 days... :3

118 Reviews

Reviews: 118
Tue Jan 03, 2006 7:17 pm
*Twilight* says...

Why don't we have a different meeting day for each country? If people from other countries want to join all they have to do is figure out the time.
Hire people to crit your work! Get paid to crit other people's work!
The YWS crit shop: forum/viewtopic.php?t=8018

447 Reviews

Reviews: 447
Tue Jan 03, 2006 8:25 pm
Duskglimmer says...

That still doesn't solve the problem of certain countries (like the USA) that have several different time zones.
The robbed that smiles, steals something from the thief. ~William Shakespeare, Othello
Boo. SPEW is watching.

657 Reviews

Reviews: 657
Tue Jan 03, 2006 11:52 pm
Jennafina says...

I'm GMT minus nine...

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Wed Jan 04, 2006 12:09 am
Meshugenah says...

hmm.. I would think GMT for scheduling purposes.

I'm at minus either.. so that makes it really early in the morning for me.. 5am, actually. so.. maybe something more like 4pm GMT? or just a period of time, or even day, each week for a meet. say, midnight to midnight, or all of saturday, GMT? something to that effect, or an eight-hour period on a saturday.. I'm putting too much thought into this at the moment, but I think that might work better.
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

447 Reviews

Reviews: 447
Fri Jan 06, 2006 7:19 pm
Duskglimmer says...

I don't think that the eight hour period works very well because you'll end up with some people getting on in the beginning and some people getting on at the end and it won't be much different from the usual traffic on the YWS. I think it should be narrowed down a little more than that... maybe a four hour period?
The robbed that smiles, steals something from the thief. ~William Shakespeare, Othello
Boo. SPEW is watching.

10 Reviews

Reviews: 10
Fri Jan 06, 2006 11:28 pm
Surfergirl says...

i might come
I'm popular!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My parents are so loveing. My dad says all the time, "when your older we will buy a huge biggscreen tv; and you can live in the box!" Isn't that sweet?

Words are pale shadows of forgotten names. As names have power, words have power. Words can light fires in the minds of men. Words can wring tears from the hardest hearts.
— Patrick Rothfuss, The Name of the Wind