Young Writers Society

Beware of online lovers...

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Sat Dec 17, 2005 4:36 am
Snoink says...

Oh dear... this is hilarious. XD

MAN DATES GAL ON INTERNET FOR SIX MONTHS -- AND IT TURNS OUT SHE'S HIS MOTHER!

Friday December 9, 2005

By Grace Green

MARSEILLES, France -- Skirt-chasing playboy Daniel Anceneaux spent weeks talking with a sensual woman on the Internet before arranging a romantic rendezvous at a remote beach -- and discovering that his on-line sweetie of six months was his own mother!

"I walked out on that dark beach thinking I was going to hook up with the girl of my dreams," the rattled bachelor later admitted. "And there she was, wearing white shorts and a pink tank top, just like she'd said she would.

"But when I got close, she turned around -- and we both got the shock of our lives. I mean, I didn't know what to say. All I could think was, 'Oh my God! it's Mama!' "

But the worst was yet to come. Just as the mortified mother and son realized the error of their ways, a patrolman passed by and cited them for visiting a restricted beach after dark.

"Danny and I were so flustered, we blurted out the whole story to the cop," recalled matronly mom Nicole, 52. "The policeman wrote a report, a local TV station got hold of it -- and the next thing we knew, our picture and our story was all over the 6 o'clock news. "People started pointing and laughing at us on the street -- and they haven't stopped laughing since."

The girl-crazy X-ray technician said he began flirting with normally straitlaced Nicole -- who lives six miles away in a Marseilles suburb -- while scouring the Internet for young ladies to put a little pizzazz in his life.

"Mom called herself Sweet Juliette and I called myself The Prince of Pleasure, and unfortunately, neither one of us had any idea who the other was," said flabbergasted Daniel.

"The conversations even got a little racy a couple of times.

"But I really started to fall for her, because there seemed to be a sensitive side that you don't see in many girls.

"She sent me poems she had written and told me about her dreams and desires, and it was really very romantic.

"The truth is, I got to see a side of my mom I'd never seen before. I'm grateful for that."

When starry-eyed Daniel asked Sweet Juliette to send him a picture, Nicole e-mailed him a photo of a curvy, half-clad cutie she'd scanned from a men's magazine.

"The girl in the picture was so beautiful, I begged Juliette to meet me on the beach -- and Mom said yes," he recalled. "Mom says she was falling for me, too, and she just wanted to meet me, even though she knew I'd be disappointed when I saw her.

"As for me, I figured I was going to find the girl of my dreams.

"I guess that's about as wrong as I've ever been."

Daniel admits he and his mother could do little but stammer and stutter around each other for days after their cyberspace exploits came to light. And his father Paul -- Nicole's husband of 27 years -- wasn't too happy when the story hit the news and his beer-drinking buddies made him the butt of their jokes.

"Dad was ticked for a while and he forbid Mom to talk to anybody on the Internet ever again," said embarrassed Daniel.

http://entertainment.tv.yahoo.com/news/ ... 40002.html

Interesting, ain't it?
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

80 Reviews

Reviews: 80
Sat Dec 17, 2005 4:41 am
ladydark says...

I LOVE THAT, sooo funny! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
“I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.”

"Foul devil, for God's sake, hence, and trouble us not;
For thou hast made the happy earth thy hell,
Fill'd it with cursing cries and deep exclaims." (Richard III 1.2) Shakespeare

481 Reviews

Reviews: 481
Sat Dec 17, 2005 5:23 am
Bobo says...

What a *********! I can understand a kid trying to date online, and maybe he had some problems, too, but his mom must have lied about her age, and then she lied about her appearance... *sigh*

I think the real point of this is not to lie online, and of course also to avoid too much expectation or attachment. People who trick you into thinking they're something they're not really anger me. I've been on the receiving end of that before, too, and it's not a nice place to be.

594 Reviews

Reviews: 594
Sat Dec 17, 2005 5:47 am
Crysi says...

I literally laughed out loud when I read that. That totally made my night...

Seriously though, I know those dangers. I've wondered about certain people before... You just can't really trust anyone anymore.
Love and Light

915 Reviews

Reviews: 915
Sat Dec 17, 2005 5:49 am
Incandescence says...

Talk about an Oedipal Complex...
"If I have not seen as far as others, it is because giants were standing on my shoulders." -Hal Abelson

Random avatar

Reviews: 67
Sat Dec 17, 2005 5:59 am
The Silent Aviator says...

True. This story is hilarious, but as Crysi said, you can't trust anyone ; its hard seperating truth from lies online.Dating your mom...scary:).

This may be diverting a bit from the topic, but on a darker note, internet dating should be conducted carefully. On the internet, anyone can pose as anyone
. You all know this. If this guy were a bit younger and "dated" an online pervert instead of his mom, the result wouldn't be a laughing matter.
Last edited by The Silent Aviator on Sat Dec 17, 2005 6:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Random avatar

Reviews: 1160
Sat Dec 17, 2005 6:02 am
Elizabeth says...

.............. I'm pretty sure I'm not dating my mom.... she doesn' teve know how to use a computer.... more or less chat on one...

Random avatar

Reviews: 67
Sat Dec 17, 2005 6:07 am
The Silent Aviator says...

The Black Rose wrote:.............. I'm pretty sure I'm not dating my mom.... she doesn' teve know how to use a computer.... more or less chat on one...

LMAO
:lol:

1258 Reviews

Reviews: 1258
Sat Dec 17, 2005 6:22 am
Sam says...

MWAHAHAHA!

Scary? Yes.

Plausible? Yeah. :P
Graffiti is the most passionate form of literature there is.

- Demetri Martin

863 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 863
Sat Dec 17, 2005 6:26 am
Griffinkeeper says...

The Black Rose wrote:.............. I'm pretty sure I'm not dating my mom.... she doesn' teve know how to use a computer.... more or less chat on one...

You'd be surprised. While you may not be dating your mom, lots of parents have gotten more tech savvy. Many have begun tracking their children by reading their blogs and visiting their forums. Others have bought programs that allow them to track all the sites their kids visit.

Once, my dad sent an e-mail under my account name on yahoo. These parents exist and their numbers are increasing.

If I were you, I'd keep an eye on your mom.
Moderator Emeritus (frozen in carbonite.)

Random avatar

Reviews: 142
Sat Dec 17, 2005 6:48 am
Doctor Kitty says...

I think internet dating is a bad idea in general...The net is not too safe anymore...

594 Reviews

Reviews: 594
Sat Dec 17, 2005 6:50 am
Crysi says...

Griffinkeeper wrote:You'd be surprised. While you may not be dating your mom, lots of parents have gotten more tech savvy. Many have begun tracking their children by reading their blogs and visiting their forums. Others have bought programs that allow them to track all the sites their kids visit.

Once, my dad sent an e-mail under my account name on yahoo. These parents exist and their numbers are increasing.

If I were you, I'd keep an eye on your mom.

Ugh, my parents found my MySpace and found out a lot about me through that... gah. Not fun, lol. I'm always paranoid about my account on here and my LJ, although the latter is friends only.
Love and Light

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Sat Dec 17, 2005 6:52 am
Areida says...

Incandescence wrote:Talk about an Oedipal Complex...

*shudder* Though nice way to put it.
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Sat Dec 17, 2005 6:54 am
Supermal says...

I'm sorry, but if that happened to me, I'd be disgusted with myself- even if it was all a big mistake.
I mean, to fall for your own mother? :( Who would even be able to look at their mother again? And she was married! I'd divorce her, too!
~Michelle~
Who needs friends when you've just bought a brand new pen?

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Sat Dec 17, 2005 7:01 am
Snoink says...

No... you're really dating your father. XD
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

Stories don't end because you stopped paying attention.
— SJ Whitby