z

Young Writers Society

Nintendo DS

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Fri Dec 09, 2005 4:19 am
Nate says...

Now that I have a job, I finally have a steady paycheck. This meant I was finally able to pay off all my debts and also pick up some stuff I've always wanted (like clean socks). Anyways, for about a year, I've really wanted to get either a PSP or a Nintendo DS. After some research, I decided that while the PSP had better graphics and could play movies, the DS had much better games.

So I bought the Mario Kart bundle this past Sunday, and I love it. I've only been able to play it for about twenty minutes a day, but it's so cool being able to go online with it and race against people from other places.

So, who else has Nintendo DS? And what other games do you recommend? Even though I've only played Mario Kart for maybe a total of two hours, I almost have it completely beat, so I need a game that will soak up a lot of my time!

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Fri Dec 09, 2005 5:41 am
Supermal says...

I have a DS and so far I only have 1 game... SuperMario 64 for DS, I think. I really like it though, it's like the old game for Nintendo 64 except better.
~Michelle~
Who needs friends when you've just bought a brand new pen?

576 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 576
Fri Dec 09, 2005 6:57 am
Ego says...

*cries for Nate*

I disown you!

PSP is far superior in every way to the Nintendo DS!

...*cough* with the exception of the...uh....you know, games.
Got YWS? I do.

Lumi: Don't you drag my donobby into this.
Lumi: He's the sweetest angel this side of hades.

241 Reviews

Reviews: 241

481 Reviews

Reviews: 481
Fri Dec 09, 2005 8:20 am
Bobo says...

That's true--I haven't ever really seen games for PSP that interested me...

Anyway, I don't have it, but Mario 64 is one of my favorite games, and I'm sure it's even better on DS. Definitely reccomendable. Especially since you get to play as Mario, Luigi, Wario, and even YOSHI!

Random avatar

Reviews: 2
Fri Dec 09, 2005 4:45 pm
Mankind says...

The DS? w00t!
I love it. Far better than PSP. But one dilemma on Marioland DS?.

How do you unlock Luigi?

If someone knew i would be sooooo relieved.

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Sat Dec 10, 2005 12:33 am
Meta-Messiah says...

Haha i would love to get this aura of mystery going, but i'm such a nintendo fanboy, the DS is amazing it actually provides something unique, something other than all the latest coolest gadgets bundled into something black and shiny. Recently played mario karts DS for the first time, its easily the best mario kart game ever and i've played and own them all. As far as other games go, Meteos is pretty damn good if you like puzzlers and is also a great multiplayer if you know any other people with DS's. Advance wars DS is also amazing but its not a huge amount different from the game boy advance ones. Castlevania is good side scrolling platform rpg stuff if your into that but its really quite short and quite similar to the previous ones.
People of the world, do not buy a console because its "cool" and "trendy" (i apolagise for my use of agressive speech marks) buy it because its unique and fun. Am i the only one who is really excited by the Revolution
"Ich weisse jetzt was keine engle weisse" Wings of desire

176 Reviews

Reviews: 176
Sat Dec 10, 2005 3:42 pm
Muse says...

I have a Nintendo DS! Lost in Blue is cool..but my fave is Another Code. Its really cool! It's a puzzle game about a girl in search of the truth about her dad, who was a scientist. You should all play it! But dont blame me if you think its rubbish XD.
"Sometimes we see a cloud that's dragonish,
A vapour sometimes like a bear or lion,
A towered citadel, a pendant rock,
A forked mountain, or blue promontory,
With trees upon't that nod unto the world,And mock our eyes with air.."

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Wed Dec 21, 2005 7:11 pm
Nate says...

Meta-Messiah wrote: Am i the only one who is really excited by the Revolution

Nope, I am too! I actually don't play video games much, and until I bought the DS, I hadn't touched them for months, but I still follow a lot of what Nintendo is doing, and Revolution could get me back into video games. Of course, the new Zelda is going to do that too.

I'm planning on buying Advance Wars: Dual Strike and/or the new Mario & Luigi game. I'm doing Christmas shopping this Friday, and whatever money (of the amount I've set aside for Christmas) I have left will be spent on a DS game or two. And since I set aside a lot of money for Christmas, I'm pretty sure that I'll have enough left over for two ds games.

118 Reviews

Reviews: 118
Wed Dec 21, 2005 7:51 pm
*Twilight* says...

I asked for a ds for christmas and I'm pretty sure I'm going to get it. The main games I asked for were:
Nintendogs
Animal crossing wild world
Mario kart
Castlevania
I'm really excited for the revoloution. I heard its retail price will be $100 at launch this way everybody will be able to afford one!
Hire people to crit your work! Get paid to crit other people's work!
The YWS crit shop: forum/viewtopic.php?t=8018

The function of education is to teach one to think intensively and to think critically. Intelligence plus character - that is the goal of true education.
— Martin Luther King, Jr.