z

Young Writers Society

Sure, jump on the band wagon!

129 Reviews

Reviews: 129
Mon Dec 05, 2005 11:22 pm
Mattie says...

So, this post is directed towards the hype of having boyfriends/girlfriends. What's the big deal with it all anyways? Some of you are in High School, as I am, you see people in the halls, arms wrapped around each other, getting caught PDAing. What's your take on it all? It's it worth it, or would you rather be studying? Doing other things? I was just wondering...seems like everyone has one.
Last edited by Mattie on Mon Dec 05, 2005 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Random avatar

Reviews: 681
Mon Dec 05, 2005 11:28 pm
Sponson Light says...

A. its the Band Wagon
B. its hormones and everyone decided "hey lets be together, whether it be for a day or a year or 5"

I dont know my opinion, I mean it feels nice having someone to wrap and hug around, but its not like you suddenly get straight F's or something like that. Well if you did youd be a stupid moron who cant prioritize.

Your grades dont suffer unless you allow it to.
You shouldn't judge a book by it's cover, instead, you should read every single book to see what every book is about before you even come close to judging its viability.

162 Reviews

Reviews: 162
Mon Dec 05, 2005 11:33 pm
nickelpickle says...

I don't think that you should throw your life away for a guy (or a girl). I've never had a boyfriend in the sense that most of you would think of...:roll: I know that I don't need a boyfriend, but I want one. I don't know how to explain it.
"There's a light at each end of this tunnel,
You shout 'cause you're just as far in as you'll ever be out
And these mistakes you've made, you'll just make them again
If you only try turning around."

129 Reviews

Reviews: 129
Mon Dec 05, 2005 11:35 pm
Mattie says...

I thought it was Band Wagon...well, it's corrected now!

See, it's not that I WANT one, but it'd be nice to know I could get one. See, I can't even say "no" to a guy. Do you get what I'm saying?

Random avatar

Reviews: 681
Mon Dec 05, 2005 11:42 pm
Sponson Light says...

Hormones, they're called hormones.
You may not understand the feeling. But you can certainly understand the concept.

I mean look, your profile says "15 years old". So yeah.
You shouldn't judge a book by it's cover, instead, you should read every single book to see what every book is about before you even come close to judging its viability.

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Tue Dec 06, 2005 12:24 am
QiGuaiGongFu says...

Sex. Most people your age are at the age where they have a phisiological desire to reproduce- like Sponson said, hormones.

I was where you are a while back- only I obsessed over the fact that I was lonely. It'll pass when you get a date, and then you'll start to roll your eyes at people who get mad at you for the exact things you just specified.
For centuries, theologians have been explaining the unknowable in terms of the-not-worth-knowing.
- HL Mencken
Lie together like butt.
Presenting the GFuture, soon to be the Gnow, reality presented by Google.
Welcome to GEarth.
~Baske in the randomness~

481 Reviews

Reviews: 481
Tue Dec 06, 2005 12:29 am
Bobo says...

I don't think there's anything wrong with having a boyfriend or girlfriend, but I do think people tend to rush things. I've heard of kids as young as 13 having sex--I would be more than surprised to find ANY thirteen-year-old mature enough for that kind of decision. But more realistically, I think it's a good idea to just go on individual dates instead of having a boyfriend so that you can get to know more about dating, more about different kinds of guys/girls, etc. It's good to make an informed decision.

Random avatar

Reviews: 142
Tue Dec 06, 2005 12:40 am
Doctor Kitty says...

In 4 days it'll be a year since my girlfriend and I started "going out." (We're gonna go see the new Narnia movie.)

Both of us know that abstinence is the key. Luckily, neither of us are stupid or immature. We both know what happens when you make stupid decisions.

My bro was a father at the age of nineteen. Not married. Now he's going to be the father of another child from another mother at the age of 22. Still not married. At some point, he also contracted an STD. Cured, but he still had it.

Trust me, I know what happens.

(And condoms don't always work. I was an accident. XD)

Your grades dont suffer unless you allow it to.

I completely agree. A girlfriend is not worth tanking your school career for. (Especially when boy/girlfriends can come and go so easily. One day the affection is there; the next the affection isn't for you anymore...)

Long story short: It's good to make a decision after you look at the consequences. :roll:

241 Reviews

Reviews: 241
Tue Dec 06, 2005 1:04 am
zelithon says...

"ANY thirteen-year-old mature enough for that kind of decision."
I am! :^o
I don't have a bf and won't be getting one soon. I am not allowed to. I don't really want one anyway. But it would be nice to be asked out even if I had to say no, to find out if anyone else thinks I am as irresistible as I do. :xmas_wink:
Adults are just obsolete children, and to hell with them!
-Dr.Suess

Deadpanners are backtalkers!

badonkadonk
Atheism is a non phophet organisation

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Tue Dec 06, 2005 2:35 am
Hope says...

I've had a boyfriend for the past two years (three in March). I for one am absolutely not ready to make the decision of having sex. I like having a boyfriend, I mean it's nice to cuddle up to someone when something isn't going right. I don't plan on having sex anytime soon!
Hope

Embrace the total dork in yourself, and enjoy it, because well... Life is to short to be cool.

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Tue Dec 06, 2005 2:58 am
Areida says...

My head and heart tell me it's not time for me; I'm too focused on schoolwork and trying to figure out who I am and what I want to do with my life to really have time for a relationship--I'm not interested in a "fling." My hormones, however, are on a totally different wavelength than my heart and head... they say, "WE NEED BOY AND WE NEED HIM NOW!! SEX SEX SEX!!"

...That came out weird. My hormones wanting a guy doesn't mean I want sex, LOL... heavens no... not yet, anyway. :wink: But yeah, my hormones creep me out at times. They say guys think about sex approximately every seven minutes or something, isn't it? Or maybe every seven seconds. Some weird, unreliable statistic. Anyway. My point is that women don't need to be saying anything about that, because I know girls think about it, even just in passing, at least a few times in a quarter of an hour.
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

Random avatar

Reviews: 142
Tue Dec 06, 2005 3:07 am
Doctor Kitty says...

Seven seconds. But that's not really true...Most of the time.... >.<

Sorry, couldn't resist. XD

241 Reviews

Reviews: 241
Tue Dec 06, 2005 4:39 am
zelithon says...

Yeah usually it is only every 5 seconds.

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Tue Dec 06, 2005 4:52 pm
Firestarter says...

Everyone says it's sex, and that's probably true for most people.

That would make me an oddity; I'm 17, I have a girlfriend at school, and I could have lost my virginity if I wanted to easily by now. But I'm waiting for a better moment, and anyway, all I care about is the fact we love each other and I don't care what happens after. So I guess it depends on the person. Some people are driven by sex, some are driven by companionship, others I don't know why. I just love having someone to make me feel better when I'm down all the time.

My grades have never suffered while having a girlfriend; in fact, usually I actually do better at school. But then I've never studied much anyway.

I don't think that you should throw your life away for a guy (or a girl).

Let's not get melodramatic.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

221 Reviews

Reviews: 221
Thu Dec 08, 2005 3:28 am
Elelel says...

I don't have a boyfriend, I suppose you could say I've had one ... but that's kind of complicated. Anyway, I don't want a guy just for the sake of having one. But if the guy I like asks me out then I'll probably go.

But I won't rush stuff.
Oh, you're angry! Click your pen.
--Music and Lyrics

The words you speak become the house you live in.
— Hafiz