z

Young Writers Society

RENT

128 Reviews

Reviews: 128
Sat Nov 26, 2005 5:37 pm
Galatea says...

Saw it! Loved it! Aside from some minor nit-picky 'I'm a total nerd' things that bothered me, I thought it was wonderful. Oh, and Rosario Dawson as Mimi was SO HOT!

Talk about RENT....go!
Sing lustily and with a good courage. Beware of singing as if you were half dead, or half asleep; but lift up your voice with strength.

51 Reviews

Reviews: 51
Sat Nov 26, 2005 7:38 pm
Carmina says...

It was awsome. It was beautiful. I went with some theater buddies of mine and we sang along to the movie. Perhaps we irritated the couple in front of us, but that is their fault for sitting in front of us. I wish that they had left "Contact" in, but I can see how it would have been difficult to include without it pushing the rating up. It was also a little weird to hear lines that I am used to being sung being spoken. Other than that...totally rocked. I want to see it again.
I reject your reality and substitute my own

Random avatar

Reviews: 142
Sat Nov 26, 2005 7:51 pm
Doctor Kitty says...

My parents are going to see it today. It looked a tad cheesy to me, but I can't judge a show till I see it, right?

(Heck, I thought The Sound of Music was going to be stupid, but then I saw it and I loved it.)

(Crap, now I have the craving to watch it, but I don't have a copy of it...)

128 Reviews

Sun Nov 27, 2005 2:40 am
Galatea says...

Cheesy? No way.

Yeah, I missed "Contact" too, but they needed the PG13 rating to market it.
Sing lustily and with a good courage. Beware of singing as if you were half dead, or half asleep; but lift up your voice with strength.

38 Reviews

Reviews: 38
Tue Nov 29, 2005 10:06 pm
marching_gurl89 says...

I really want to go see it. But I am not sure if I will be able to go.
~*~Peace, Love, and Protesters~*~
I'm not off beat!I'm marching to the beat of my own drum
I rock my socks
Hippielicious the bold new flavor from caroline
JFK BLOWN AWAY WHAT ELSE DO I HAVE TO SAY!!!!!!!

Random avatar

Wed Nov 30, 2005 3:18 am
Doctor Kitty says...

My parents told me it was really stupid. (And they both like musicals a lot.)

They told me about the storyline and whatnot and it sounded a little...dare I say...stupid to me, as well. :/

128 Reviews

Wed Nov 30, 2005 6:00 am
Galatea says...

It's about a group of friends who suffer in similar ways coming together and becoming a family. How is that stupid? It's about HIV/AIDS, yes. It has two homosexual couples in it, yes. But the point is that HIV/AIDS doesn't only affect homosexuals and further more, those who have contracted HIV/AIDS are not bad people. The message is this: Live life to the fullest, don't let regret consume your life, love your friends as family. It's a wonderful piece.

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Thu Dec 01, 2005 4:13 am
Hope says...

Oh I've seen the previews for it and some of my friends have seen it and said it was awesome. I'd like to see it, I'm a big fan of musicals. Oh yes. Maybe I can buy it when it comes out on DVD.
Hope

Embrace the total dork in yourself, and enjoy it, because well... Life is to short to be cool.

Random avatar

Sun Dec 04, 2005 3:46 am
Doctor Kitty says...

How is that stupid? It's about HIV/AIDS, yes. It has two homosexual couples in it, yes. But the point is that HIV/AIDS doesn't only affect homosexuals and further more, those who have contracted HIV/AIDS are not bad people.

Now what made you think that I think it sounds stupid for those reasons?

I just don't see why they don't go and get jobs. :/

38 Reviews

Reviews: 38
Sat Dec 10, 2005 3:26 pm
marching_gurl89 says...

I went and saw it last night and it was the best movie I have seen this year. It was an absolutely amazing movie.
~*~Peace, Love, and Protesters~*~
I'm not off beat!I'm marching to the beat of my own drum
I rock my socks
Hippielicious the bold new flavor from caroline
JFK BLOWN AWAY WHAT ELSE DO I HAVE TO SAY!!!!!!!

Time is money, money is power, power is pizza, and pizza is knowledge!
— April, Parks & Rec