z

Young Writers Society

NHL Picks

Reviews: 0
Sat Nov 19, 2005 8:41 pm
jack_knife2005 says...

Alright people, for all you NHL fans, who do you think will make the playoffs? win their divisions? win Presidents Trophy? and the Stanley Cup?
Some of my bets rest on this...
Division Winner Picks
EAST
Southeast Division - Tampa Bay (they'll finally get it together in the last half of season).
Atlantic Division - NY Rangers (they'll fluke out a division title and then disappear next year).
Northeast Division - Ottawa (they'll have a more consistent season than the flying Habs).
WEST
Pacific Division - Los Angeles (nobody else is doing anything good in this division except the Kings!).
Northwest Division - Vancouver (these guys got the goods to win this division).
Central Division - Detroit (only Nashville can posssibly challenge them but I doubt it).

Presidents Trophy goes to...Ottawa (their top line is probably the top line in all of the league!).
And The Stanley Cup would probably go to Ottawa (With Hasek, and a stellar top line, how can they lose?).

And on a sidenote, I think all Canadian teams can make the playoffs this year.
8)
available

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Thu Dec 01, 2005 6:20 pm
Brian says...

Bah! Stupid Canada...

Haven't been too interested in hockey since the Washington Capitals started to suck again. But my bet would be Ottawa as well. They play much better than any other team I've watched this year.
If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Isaac Asimov

I wondered why we put villains in our stories when we have plenty of them in real life; then I realized that maybe we wanted stories where the good guy wins.
— nogutsnoglory