z

Young Writers Society

Back to YWS RP

94 Reviews

Reviews: 94
Fri Nov 04, 2005 8:02 am
Zion says...

Ok, this is an idea of ressurecting the RP board we used to have. The idea is, that every week the best adventure will be graded and its memebers will be reawrded with a point or two. For example, me, nai, crysi, and hunter are off to an adventure to kill a powerful lich while in the same time other members are in the enchanted forest or deep in the belly of a volcano to find a powerful sword and so on. The deadline for ending the adventure will be a week. On the end of the week the adventure is posted as a small story and will be graded and voted which one is the best. Those who have participated in that particual adventure will be rewarded with a few points. On the end of the month, those who have won 4 times in a roll will be entitled HERO or something like that. Afterwards, a "HERO" can create an adventure in his OWN world, that is a world he or she has created. WHat do you guys think?
Without sensibility no object would be given to us, without understanding no object would be thought. Thoughts without content are empty, intuitions without concepts are blind.

Immanuel Kant
"Critique of Pure Reason"

863 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 863
Fri Nov 04, 2005 7:06 pm
Griffinkeeper says...

Let me get this straight.

1. There is a weekly featured storybook/adventure.
2. This RP is selected from many, based on moderator judgement.
3. The RP that wins is posted as a story, and the people that participated in it get points.
4. A story that wins four times in a row are placed in some special forums where the best of the best is displayed.

I think that it may need some tweaking, but it does give me some interesting ideas. The mods will discuss it.
Moderator Emeritus (frozen in carbonite.)

94 Reviews

Fri Nov 04, 2005 9:08 pm
Zion says...

1. There is a weekly featured storybook/adventure.
-Yes, the mods place, lets say...3 quests that must be done till the end of the week.

4. A story that wins four times in a row are placed in some special forums where the best of the best is displayed.
-No, heroes/characters that participated in it are entitled, something like member of the month or something.

At the end of the deadline the entire adventure is posted as a story, the finished ones of course. And the members vote which story is the best. And afterwards, lets sat, my character Lyras that was in the party that won this week, participates on another quest the next week, and so on. The characters that were in a an adventuring party are declared heros. AN example...

I create Lyras, wood elf, tre neautral, rogue. I join with Nai's and Hunter's characters on a quest to save a princess. In the same time other members, lets say you and Snoink, have their own characters and they do a completly diffrent quest, like destroy a dragon. Each adventuring party has a deadline of a week or two to end their quest. At the end of the week, the adventures are posted as a story form, all of them that were finished, and those members that participated in that story are rewarded with points. On the next adventure I take Lyras again, on a second quest with Crysi and Ari, and so on an on. In the end of the month, my hero/char Lyras won four times in a row, and theres a Hall of Heroes/Fame where the greatest heroes have a statue or something, and the members that created it, can create the adventures for the next month. So, Lyras is a hero now, and I have the privilege of future adventures for the coming month in MY world. In that way, I can introduce my fantasy world(s) to other people and create something new. But before I do it, I post a review of my world/campaing setting.

Am I making sense here? lol, sorry for my lack-o-knowledge in english and all.
Without sensibility no object would be given to us, without understanding no object would be thought. Thoughts without content are empty, intuitions without concepts are blind.

Immanuel Kant

64 Reviews

Reviews: 64
Fri Nov 04, 2005 11:38 pm
Elocina says...

I'm not outstandingly great at working out the fine tuning when it comes to rules and so forth, but it looks alright to me. Who's in?

Myself
Arvy, obviously,
Grif?

Add on, people....
This looks like a good way to finally get an RP finished.

-C
Feeling stupid? Follow me!

576 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 576
Fri Nov 04, 2005 11:40 pm
Ego says...

Our Tavern RP was pretty friggin cool....count me in tentatively
Got YWS? I do.

Lumi: Don't you drag my donobby into this.
Lumi: He's the sweetest angel this side of hades.

94 Reviews

Fri Nov 04, 2005 11:46 pm
Zion says...

There will be a place...hm....somthing like a......Gathering of Many/Guild of Heroes (?) where the quests will be posted. Also on that thread adventuring parties will be created as well, something like the Tavern we used to have, a starting point if you will for the quests. It might be a city too not just a tavern.

Immanuel Kant

576 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 576
Fri Nov 04, 2005 11:51 pm
Ego says...

I like our old adventure...Nai and Arvy and Hunter and Emma...that was pretty slick. Bobo was in there somewheres too.
Got YWS? I do.

Lumi: Don't you drag my donobby into this.
Lumi: He's the sweetest angel this side of hades.

863 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Nov 04, 2005 11:54 pm
Griffinkeeper says...

I don't think the tavern is coming back.

However...

The storybook section would be the natural place for such threads. That way you can follow your stories, maybe cross paths with other writers, etc.

As for special recognition of stories, I am asking the moderators and Nate if it is a good idea to set up a "Hall of Fame" for our literary masterpieces. If the story is really good, it has a chance of making it there.

94 Reviews

Sat Nov 05, 2005 12:07 am
Zion says...

Our adventure virtually didnt had a real goal, lol! I have an idea...the first two quests:

1. Destroy Jel'Khan, Orchish warlord that ammases a horde deep in the underground nere Terrace (the small town where every party starts and quests are posted).
Reward: 500 points for each member, two items of power (Axe of Jel'Khan, ability: Can produce a greater fireball only THREE times per adventure. And Journals of the Master Mechanist, ability: Can summon a medium iron golem, only ONCE per adventure. If all three Journals are collected the hero can summon a Greater Mithril Golem, ONCE per adventure)

2.Retrieve the Starvoyage Staff in the mountain peaks of Lear, again a days journey from Terrace
Reward: 300 points for each member, two items of power, ONE wizard/mage ability (Arrows of Starglade. ability: Can instantly kill ANY demon creatures, used FOUR times maximum per adventure. Poison dipped Dagger, ability: instantly kills humans and half-elf, used TWO times max per adventure) MAGE/SORCERER ability: one free additional spell slot.

NOTE: Each spellcaster char (mage/sorcerer, cleric) has FIVE spell slots at start. That is, he can have ONLY 5 spells. I mean you can just summon a avatar of a god for every critter you meet right? After each adventure that spellcaster gets +1 spell slot.

What do you think?

Immanuel Kant

64 Reviews

Reviews: 64
Sat Nov 05, 2005 1:07 am
Elocina says...

I think we shouldn't make things too complicated. This doesn't seem too bad, but i've seen some confusing rules. But, definately, no god-characters. What fun is that?

Sounds good. What're we going to do as far as races go? I really had fun with Arishna (from The Inn RP), and she's not your typical race. So, would we have a bunch of examples, and then ask someone to describe their made-up race if it applies?

And, factions. Would we have good and evil?

-C
Feeling stupid? Follow me!

863 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Nov 05, 2005 8:48 am
Griffinkeeper says...

Probably. I think I can get into it, as long as I have a gryphon.

94 Reviews

Sat Nov 05, 2005 10:46 am
Zion says...

C, its not complicated. On the contrary, its very simple.

In one swift movement he pierced the sword in his still beating heart.

its not the same as

He rose the axe above his head, and a flurry of adrenaline rushed through his veins as the blistering sphere of infernal fire conjured around the axe's blade and exploded in the middle of the goblin party, turning their leader to ashes.

right?

The idea with items is, with them you add more flavor to the story. I cant just start my first adventure with a mithril plate mail and a crystal sword right? And a young mage that has as many spells as stars in the night sky? that just kills the story. Every mage/cleric/sorcerer chooses FIVE spells he can use. And after the completioin of the adventure another spell from his choice is added. And as for races, yes, if it is a custom made race, or a custom made class a short explenation is welcomed.

Immanuel Kant

94 Reviews

Sat Nov 05, 2005 10:49 am
Zion says...

Good and evil? Sure why not? Usually the reawrds for evil quests would are better. Its not a glorification of evil, but 80% of the members would choose good alightent quests, but there will be less item and ability rewards for evil quests. This way, more balance will be added.

Immanuel Kant

Random avatar

Reviews: 665
Sat Nov 05, 2005 12:37 pm
deleted6 says...

Okay like the sound of this, but what does a knight start out as a page or does he go straight to the rank of a Knight
We get off to the rhythm of the trigger and destruction. Fallujah to New Orleans with impunity to kill. We are the hidden fist of the free market.
We are the ink, we are the quill.
[The Ink And The Quill (Be Afraid) - Anti-Flag]

94 Reviews

Sat Nov 05, 2005 3:04 pm
Zion says...

He starts from the rank of a knight, but his equipment is not all stylish and everything. Therough many quests and the like, the rerwards he or she receives will make him or her stronger.

Spellcaster classes (the rule for FIVE starting spell slots abides for these classes)
-Mage (conjurer, necromancer etc.)
-Warlock
-Shaman
-Cleric
-Priest
-Druid

Non-spellcaster classes
-Fighter
-Barbarian
-Knight
-Ranger
-Archer

Pseudo-spellcaster classes
-Paladin
-Thief/Rogue
-Assasin/Spy
-Bard
-Beastmaster
-Slayer

-Pseudo-spellcasters are classes that DONT have spell slots on the begining of the first few adventures/quests. When he becomes stronger (that is, that particular character was enrolled in more quests) he or she will receive TWO spell slots. And an aditional ONE spell slot for every second adventure he or she completes.

-Use of particular artifacts may give a Non-spellcaster or Pseudo-spellcaster character ONE spell slot, where a spell slot is a offensive/defensive spell by his or hers choice

-Custom made classes need to have a description, also whether that class type is a spellcaster or non-spellcaster.

-Note the fact that most of the spellcaster classes CANT use axes the size of a trolls head, humongous demon forged swords and what not. Those are reserved for Non or Pseudo spellcasters. Instead, they can use, staves, tomes, magical gems. Same goes with pseudo and non spellcaster classes.

Immanuel Kant

You don't need to follow me! You don't need to follow anybody! You got to think for yourselves!
— Brian Cohen