z

Young Writers Society

The Young Writers Club?

48 Reviews

Reviews: 48
Tue Feb 01, 2005 5:40 am
Myriadne says...

I was a memeber of TYWC from 1997 onwards although my activness came and went. I stopped frequenting it a couple of years ago but never really had the heart to leave. TYWC used to be the pinnacle of what a young writers site should be like, but those days ended a long time ago.

RIP
TYWC
you served us well but your time was up

l

323 Reviews

Reviews: 323
Sat Feb 05, 2005 6:17 am
hekategirl says...

Poor TYWC.
It's gone to the dogs, I agree, but David hasn't pulled the plug.
I'm still a infrequinte member, I actaully went on there today!!!!
But, yeah, it's horrible now, nobody takes it serious anymore. It's all teenage RPG's and their hasn't been a new poem or story in months!!! I got out of there a few months ago and looked for other Writers Websites, and found you guys!!
Anyway like Myriadne said: TYWC Rest In Peices.
***Honorary 11-Year-Old***

Heh-COT-ee-GUR-el

Got YWS?

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Sat Feb 05, 2005 6:22 am
Brian says...

I wonder if YWS is having any effect on the traffic over at TYWC...
If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Isaac Asimov

323 Reviews

Reviews: 323
Sat Feb 05, 2005 6:26 am
hekategirl says...

Oh my did I say peices? I ment peace!
***Honorary 11-Year-Old***

Heh-COT-ee-GUR-el

Got YWS?

321 Reviews

Reviews: 321
Sat Feb 05, 2005 7:04 am
Liz says...

Hekategirl...subconscious mind at work I see! :)
Yeah, TYWC is sadly over. I was a faithful member but now all you see are unintelligent, two-word posts on the chatwall and melodramatic poetry.
purple sneakers

418 Reviews

Reviews: 418
Sat Feb 05, 2005 4:52 pm
electricbluemonkey says...

Yeah, TYWC is still a website, but stuff never updates and new stories and poems are never posted anymore. The word of the week hasn't been updated in months.
Gotta a find a woman be good to me,
Who won't hide my liquor, try to serve me tea.

558 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 558
Sat Feb 05, 2005 5:11 pm
Matt Bellamy says...

Yeah, it's sad to see TYWC fall. I've been there for about three years now. I still check back there every day on a couple of activities, but I only spend a few minutes there, whereas I used to be completely addicted and annoyed if I couldn't get on there at least once in a day.

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Sun Feb 13, 2005 2:26 am
Klaus Von Spindler says...

As a new member of thic club I have only one word to give you all....Sanctuary! This is an awesome site, as a former member of TYWC....(wahh, a tear comes to my eyes just mentioning the name...) I was El_barto742.

Random avatar

Reviews: 5
Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:28 am
formertywcwriter says...

I know this thread is probably dead but TYWC is dead and that is a sad thing :( It was a great place for writing and I have never seen its equal. If anyone reads this I am trying to start another TYWC website at http://YoungWritersClub.synthasite.com I must stress this is NOT to try and replace TYWC but rather to give TYWC writers another place to create their masterpieces.

243 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 243
Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:42 pm
Blink says...

Isn't that YWS is for? :P
"A man's face is his autobiography. A woman's face is her work of fiction." ~ Oscar Wilde

Random avatar

Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:33 am
formertywcwriter says...

Yes it is, however I don't know if it's just me couse I just joined and I have no idea how to work the sight or something else but I find it confusing and the format kind of intimidating. (maybe that's just because i'm used to tywc I miss that place so much!)
-Ali

http://YoungWritersClub.synthasite.com

Random avatar

Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:41 pm
formertywcwriter says...

oh if someone would be willing to explain this place that would be great! I still don't really know how it works so...ya.

oh and check out my blog youngauthor-ali.blogspot.com

Reviews: 3
Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:52 am
Cutechuckie says...

Ahhhh yes.
TYWC.
The Young Writers Club.

I used to hang out there. Unfortunately I never got to submit anything because it always used to say that there wasn't enough space and that I had to wait for the others to be checked then only I could submit mine.

There was a letter from some Admin (David I believe?) and it said this, Signed, 2004!

I am quite sad to see that it was such an inviting website for my type ..... yet I wasn't ever able to participate other than read things silently. I couldn't share my input.

HOWEVER
This website is really cool! I just joined today and I'm back into the WRITING MOOD :)

I'm really glad I found this friendly, easy sharing website +++ contains quite a number of previous TYWC members.

THANKS GUYS! TALK SOON :) ELLE.x
;) Enjoy Life and Go GREEN :D

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:43 am
Rydia says...

Don't forget guys, there's a TYWC group in the user-group section of this site 'cos I just totally like to plug my group you know =)
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

He who has a why to live for can bear with almost any how.
— Friedrich Nietzsche