z

Young Writers Society

Post Your Pet Peeves

657 Reviews

Reviews: 657
Sat Oct 22, 2005 1:42 am
Jennafina says...

(Mods, if this classifies as randomness, go ahead and move it. )

Pet Peeves:When something doesn't have the right to annoy you, but does.

Ok. heres mine for now.

-When people say they did something "On Accident." GRRRR!!! DIE!!! Its by accident. Blah. :evil:

-Poser vegetarianans, who say they hate meats flavor aswell as its effect on animals, so they don't eat it. Thats like saying bravery is when you're not scared. Sheesh. I love the taste of meat, but I boycott it for my little moral issues.

-When people say "And, oh, did you hear, Keesha said quote unquote blablablablabla!" Really. Lets think about this. First you say quote, that puts on the quotation marks "then, after you say the quote, you say unquote" to cancel it out.

-Bad computor mouses that stick.

-Happy bunny. Grrr! He is all over the shirt, bookbag, and pajamas of every girl but me. He mutiplies like a.. um... Rabit! Playboy rabit is stupid too.

Thats todays share of pet peeves.
Last edited by Jennafina on Sun Oct 23, 2005 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jennafina's Love Your Body Already Dammit Campaign

forum353.html

(To find out what it really is, just click.)

1275 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1275
Sat Oct 22, 2005 1:58 am
niteowl says...

When someone writes peaves instead of peeves, or any other obvious spelling/grammar error.

When people don't laugh at my jokes. Can't you at least do a sarcastic "Ha Ha" to humor me a little? Please?

When I laugh at something someone says but no one else does.

When my computer is being really slow and stupid.

When you go up to ask a teacher a question and they give the answer...to the whole class.

My little sister's T-shirt that has a pic of Elmo and says "Wanna Play?" Also that my mother condones the wearing of such a shirt.

When people keep asking me way too many questions, most of which I don't know the answer to and don't care about. (aka my mom and grandma)
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

93 Reviews

Reviews: 93
Sat Oct 22, 2005 9:07 am
Ieatworms says...

When people say something about me, but don't say if it's good or bad, and so I assume the worst. "You cut your hair." Yikes!

Using primary colors together anywhere but on superhero costumes and kid's toys.

Saying "A certain ... 'I don't know what..' "in French. (I won't try to spell it). If you don't know, you don't know. Don't make it sound pretty.

Hospital corners. Ick.

When servers leave the bill on the table right after bringing out the food.

When someone keeps saying "Goodbye". Let me get on the phone already.

And, last but not least: the very sight of meter-maids and parking nazis, yellow chalk, and yellow envelops. I hate parking tickets.

481 Reviews

Reviews: 481
Sat Oct 22, 2005 9:24 am
Bobo says...

I think it's supposed to be "quote-on-quote" instead of "quote unquote," although most people say it the second way now. It's just a slang term, really, and doesn't need to make sense to... erm... make sense. If you try to pick apart every little slang word or whatever, you'll drive yourself crazy.

And it's "Je ne sais pas," Ieatworms. One of the few things I remember from three years of French, along with "J'oublie" which means, "I forget." lol

My pet peeves?
-People who don't post coherently. They leave out punctuation and grammar and put together fragments and broken phrases so that nothing makes sense, and they use the wrong term of a word so badly that it doesn't even mean the same thing anymore.
-When you ask someone not to do something, and they just do it more. Especially if it's something that's offensive to you.
-People who say they're kidding just so that you won't be upset with them.
-People who joke about things that aren't funny and that are very serious issues.
-People who think they know everything.
-People who can't learn from their mistakes- or won't, I should say
-People who are mean to you and then get mad when you don't like them as much afterward.
-People who hold grudges.
-People who rub their intelligence in your face on purpose.
-Overachievers- lighten up!
-Underachievers- too close to home >_<
-Anything that isn't asethetically appealing. This pet peeve can mess me up pretty bad. I also get peeved when I give people a beautiful design and they just ignore it and don't act interested at all.
-When people say they're going to do something even though you both know they won't.
-When people agree without listening, then act suprised that they agreed to something they didn't realize they agreed to.
-When my parents punish me for correcting my sister and don't do anything to correct her themselves.
-When the computer is slow and I can't multitask.
-Those little mistakes I always make when I'm inking.

Well, I think that's enough for one night.

558 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 558
Sat Oct 22, 2005 12:58 pm
Matt Bellamy says...

When people say sorry, when they so obviously aren't sorry at all, and will probably do it again.

When people don't seem to care enough to see you or want to be friends.
Matt.

Got Tumblr? Me too! http://www.writersam.co.uk

Peeking Cat Poetry Magazine is accepting submissions! http://peekingcatpoetrymagazine.blogspot.co.uk

506 Reviews

Reviews: 506
Sat Oct 22, 2005 1:32 pm
Sureal says...

a) Being called a goth.
b) Being called an 'ard man.
I wrote the above just for you.

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Sat Oct 22, 2005 7:08 pm
Nai says...

-Stupid people.

-Restrictive and obsessive parents.

-Pens running out of ink.

-The way guys walk that are obsessed with rap (they think it looks cool, but it looks like they're walking on a plastic leg that's unproportional to their other leg).

-People that know and see that your reading, but they continue to talk, shout, f*ck around, or do whatever things they're doing while you attempt to concentrate and read.

-People that won't stop shaking the table when your trying to write or do homework.

-Kids that stand in the hallway, stand in door ways, stop on the stairs and talk to their friends, sit by the lockers, and just f*ck up the general traffic of the hallways at school when your trying to get to class during the passing periods.

-People that leave their homes and drop what their doing to go outside to stare at a car accident (they just got into an accident, people are sometimes injured and/or dead, they are under enough pressure, and they don't need a bunch of bored, gaping morons surrounding them, go on about your business and LET THEM BE).

-People that watch fights and don't do a thing about it.

-Kids that laugh at serious things in school.

-And while i'm thinking about it.. just most people.
ἓν οἶδα ὅτι οὐδὲν οἶδα

Random avatar

Reviews: 681
Sat Oct 22, 2005 7:37 pm
Sponson Light says...

People who joke too much.
People who think that everything is a joke, and everything annoying is funny.
People who cant tighten up a bit on their screws.
People who are overly sensitive.
People who are Religiously Blind (aka Ann Bradstreet, the Puritan Poet who thanked God for burning down her house)

The sound of styrofoam.
Emo
When your hands weigh 1 pound more than they usually do because of the sheer amount of superglue stuck on them.
Jack Thompson
Manga/Anime (even the awesomly proclaimed naruto cant keep me interested for more than one episode)
You shouldn't judge a book by it's cover, instead, you should read every single book to see what every book is about before you even come close to judging its viability.

683 Reviews

Reviews: 683
Sat Oct 22, 2005 7:46 pm
Emma says...

Erm... I don't have that many... :^o

~ People who wear tracksuits and talk slang to look hard and cool.

~ People are people smoking around you and blowing the smoke in you face.

~ Guys asking random (and unattractive) girls to go out with them as a joke.

~ When people spit in public places.

~ Playboy stuff and any other stuff that makes you look "cool". Its just a bunny...

~ Really bad made keyboards and mouses which don't work properly.

~ Annoying songs that make people think it is cool. (E.g. - That stupid crazy frog ring tone)

~ Really clever people who know it and show it well.

~ When parents blame the older child even if it was the youngest fault. Really, that annoys the hell out of me.

~ People who see someone getting bullied but doesn't do anything about it.

~ Dictionaries that don't give an understandable answer so you have to look up all the long words that you never heard of - just so you could find out what the thing you wanted to know.

I could go on for a while, but I think that is enough... (For now)

558 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Oct 22, 2005 7:50 pm
Matt Bellamy says...

Aarrgghhh yes I hate crazy frog!!
Matt.

Peeking Cat Poetry Magazine is accepting submissions! http://peekingcatpoetrymagazine.blogspot.co.uk

481 Reviews

Reviews: 481
Sat Oct 22, 2005 8:40 pm
Bobo says...

I love it, but then I've only heard it twice. If I heard it more than once every month or so, I would go crazy.

563 Reviews

Reviews: 563
Sat Oct 22, 2005 8:51 pm
Writersdomain says...

*glares* You spelled pet peeves wrong on the title and my pet peeve is incorrect spelling
~ WD
If you desire a review from WD, post here

"All I know, all I'm saying, is that a story finds a storyteller. Not the other way around." ~Neverwas

558 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Oct 22, 2005 8:55 pm
Matt Bellamy says...

That peeved me, too :P
Matt.

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Sat Oct 22, 2005 9:01 pm
Fool says...

Where do i start?

-People (men & women) who wear their shirt collars turned up.
-Dell Keyboards - sticky
-People who leave their phone on loud in library's and churches or even in lectures
-Paperback novels that fall apart if you look at them
-Double CD cases that always break
-Drivers that dont indicate when turning (i mean, come on? how hard is it to flick a little lever?)
-People who leave out all vowels and most constinants when texting (there needs to be at least some letters to understand it right?)
-People who leave their phone on loud in library's and churches

Think thats it for now
Light travels faster than sound. That is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience

I don't suffer from stress. I am a carrier.

241 Reviews

Reviews: 241
Sat Oct 22, 2005 9:07 pm
zelithon says...

Oh gosh.
People who disagree with me!

People who say bless you when you sneeze it makes me want to say curse you

stupid people

people who don't understand or appreciate books

people publicly religious

slutty dressing little kids, 5Th graders shouldn't where thongs! 8Th graders have no good reason to show cleavage!

kids who date younger or at 14, it is not like you are gonna get married!

mostly the opposite of bobo we would hate each other (if we met but since I don't really know him I don't care.)

I mostly agree with haze except for this ~ Really clever people who know it and show it well.

people who take life too seriously

I really agree with aniar!

People who think they are entitled to compliments or ask for criticizing and freak out when you criticize

people who say "waa yours is so much better than mine" or "I stink boo whoo". And want you to comfort or reassure them they are good, I tend to agree they suck weather they do or not.

people who care too much about grammar and spelling

I have allot more I may continue sometime.
Adults are just obsolete children, and to hell with them!
-Dr.Suess

Deadpanners are backtalkers!

badonkadonk
Atheism is a non phophet organisation

The strongest people are not those who show their true strength in front of us but those who win battles we know nothing about.
— Unknown