1464 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1464
Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:08 pm
JabberHut says...

Who would have guessed this day would come?:

Spoiler! :
The Instructors couldn't go on.

Three battles have passed, and three battles they've lost. What was the point of continuing? Why should they try to reach the top when it was too far away? They couldn't do it.

But the Greeters could.

However, only a few Instructors could handle one more round. Only those few had the nerve to challenge those Greeters for one more round. One more Battle. To truly decide the better team.

The Ultimate Battle.

The Greeters naturally accepted.

It was time. To. Duh-duh-duh-duh-d-d-d-d-duel!

They would switch jobs, the courageous Greeters suggested. The Purps can be Greeters for a week, and the Blues can be Instructors for a week. May the better team win.

The Purps were all, No.

The Greeters were shocked. "How dare you stand up to us!"

The Purps were like, "You guys are way too cliche. It's time to duel. With a twist."

While the Purps go on critiquing the cliche and over-done challenge of Purp vs Blue Wars, I'll go ahead and explain the twist. Each team chose two people represent their team in the War. Of course, with so few members on each team, the deduction wasn't too difficult to make.

The Greeters were all, Let's do dis!

And the YWS Grand Re-Opening War Special began!

From September 12th, 5PM GMT to September 13th, 5PM GMT, the Instructors and Greeters were challenged to switch jobs. That is, the Greeters would critique, and the Instructors would welcome new members. Sounds intense, right? Probably not, but it was for them!

This time no mods were elected to assist the teams. They were on their own this time around. And! With only 24 hours to battle, no restrictions were made. It was quantity over quality this time (And naturally, they were all high in quality!). New minds and words worked together to fight another battle, and only JabberGod knows when that would be.

And now, with the battle over, the results are here! Results were few and quick to count up. The judge (JabberHut) had no trouble at all counting them up (which is pretty fantastic for said judge). The moment you all have been waiting for! (Or some of you!) With, of course, the top three leading team members.

Purps -- 17

angels-symphony -- 13
    Incognito -- 4

Greeters -- 45

Rosey Unicorn -- 41
    The.Dreamwalker -- 4

The Greeters have won!

[End Credits:]

Spoiler! :
The participating Instructors returned to their corner of the world, a bit upset. Their hopes were crushed. Victory was so out of the way for them. The Greeters always seemed to be too far ahead for them to catch up.

The War was finished. It was clear that both teams were struggling this round, even if the results were a landslide for the Greeters. Members were leaving or pursuing higher things. They needed more motivation. More spirit. Though the Greeters arrived to victory, the road was difficult to travel.

The War has ended. A virtual peace treaty was signed for both teams by the judge(s). (No need to thank them!) Perhaps in the future, another battle will commence, and another War will begin. In the meantime though:

Both the Instructors and the Greeters are now hiring.

...For now...

*evil laugh*

*fades into nothingness*

(Make it known that both teams just so happened to have two participating players.)
I make my own policies.

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:48 pm
View Likes
Rosendorn says...

... Oh my. xD

I went just a bit insane there, didn't I?

I wondered why there wasn't anything left to review in some forums.
Last edited by Rosendorn on Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

356 Reviews

Reviews: 356
Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:10 pm
*writewatiwant* says...

My God, Rosey! Insane?! You turned into a machine! But we have to thank you very much xD

Yay for blueys!

I'm sorry I didn't made it :(
Piglet: How do you spell love?
Pooh: You don't spell it. You feel it.

The Buddy System Check us out!

537 Reviews

Reviews: 537
Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:58 pm
Evi says...

I'm sorry, really, but Greeting is the bane of my existence. xD I went crazy for one war, and that was a life-time's worth of welcoming for me. :P But I'm glad people are still being motivated by them! (Even if only four people. xD)
"Let's eat, Grandma!" as opposed to "Let's eat Grandma!": punctuation saves lives.

93 Reviews

Reviews: 93
Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:53 pm
MagnusBane says...

Wow, Rosey! 41? That's awesome! Congrats Greeters! :)
“Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass.” Anton Chekhov

356 Reviews

Reviews: 356
Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:53 pm
*writewatiwant* says...

And we could totally spell this right:

The Greeters were all, Let's do dis!
Piglet: How do you spell love?
Pooh: You don't spell it. You feel it.

The Buddy System Check us out!

661 Reviews

Reviews: 661
Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:09 pm
Jasmine Hart says...

Congratulations greeters! And well done to all four participants. :)
"Just like moons and like suns,
With the certainty of tides,
Just like hopes springing high,
Still I'll rise."
-Maya Angelou

157 Reviews

Reviews: 157
Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:12 pm
Bickazer says...

Congrats, Greeters. ^^ (And holy crap, Rosey...you are one insane reviewing machine.)

Should have greeted more, but I let my discomfort at resurrecting days old topics interfere. XD Next war, though...all bets are off. *sharpens knives*
Ah, it is an empty movement. That is an empty movement. It is.

263 Reviews

Reviews: 263
Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:58 am
Angels-Symphony says...

xD Congrats, Blueys ^^ I know you'd all win. The purps and the welcome forum are cats and water -.-" At least I participated :P

And Rosey, you are are insane xD

-Shina
You cannot dream yourself into a character; you must hammer and forge yourself into one.

The writer, when he is also an artist, is someone who admits what others don't dare reveal.

1464 Reviews

Reviews: 1464
Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:20 pm
Juniper says...

Congrats, greeters!
"I'd steal somebody's purse if I could google it and then download it." -- Firestarter

Never use your shield as a dinner plate, for that is when the enemy is most likely to attack.
— The KotGR Commander