z

Young Writers Society

Cats or Dogs

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Tue Dec 21, 2004 11:29 pm
Firestarter says...

Which animal do you prefer, Cats or Dogs?

I'll outline the basic arguments here.

Cats - little effort required to keep them. Feed them, give them somewhere to sleep. They don't like you, at all. As much as you want to hold them and stroke them, they just want to be rid, unless it involves getting food. Some call it evil.

Dogs - A Man's best friend! The loveable dog is always on hand to play, and walk, and play, and jump, and play, and walk....*falls asleep*...yes owning a dog is both fun and incredibly tiresome...they're always in your face!

Comments about making a mess apply to both so that can't be used! Debate which is better!

For the record, I have three cats and they're cool!
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

418 Reviews

Reviews: 418
Wed Dec 22, 2004 4:57 am
electricbluemonkey says...

Dogs all the way, man! Cats are just lazy animals that sit around all day, dogs help you do stuff, play with you, and even love you. Cats just want food, at any chance they get they will try to break free and be alone, as with dogs, if you care for them they will want to live with you forever. I must say, they are both cute (some, anyway) but I think dogs are just simply better.
Gotta a find a woman be good to me,
Who won't hide my liquor, try to serve me tea.

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Wed Dec 22, 2004 5:06 am
Meshugenah says...

Cats all the way :D

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Wed Dec 22, 2004 5:34 am
niteowl says...

One of my cats is very strange, pretty affectionate. But then she'll go climb all over the place and knock everything down. The other one pretty much hides all the time and not very affectionate like a normal cat. Of course, this is the one whose origanal owner (a crazy old man) had named him...brace yourselves...Pinky. His sister's name was Buffy or Fluffy and his mother's name was Pookie. Then there was another cat in that shelter named Kitten, and another named Amadeus...

Anyway, I should not take a position on this issue, as I have two dogs as well. Although I love them all, I'm gonna have to go with cats. Dogs feel the need to bark at every little piece of dust that crosses our lawn and hardly ever bark when they actually have to go out. The cats, however, have the good sense not to disturb us unless they are very hungry and I have neglected to feed them. Also, at least our girl cat (the more affectionate one) has the additional good sense to bury her waste so it doesn't stink up the house.

418 Reviews

Sun Dec 26, 2004 9:18 pm

DOGGIES FOREVER!!!

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Sun Dec 26, 2004 9:20 pm
Meshugenah says...

i think the nicknames people come up with for thier dogs are reason enough to vote cats... :lol: doggies? lol

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Sun Dec 26, 2004 10:13 pm
niteowl says...

Yeah, our dogs are "the babies." Don't worry, they're not Mastiffs or anything; they're cute little dogs that sleep in Mom's bed. Actually, the master bedroom is Pet Central. The cats spend about 90% of their time there.

103 Reviews

Reviews: 103
Sun Dec 26, 2004 10:16 pm
Tessitore says...

I have a cat and two dogs. And I hate the dogs. Cats rule.

Plus, he's a love slut. And I love that. The best theraputic kitty money could buy. Sweet thing...
I'm not even angry... I'm being so sincere right now.
Even though you broke my heart.
And killed me... And tore me to pieces.
And threw every piece into a fire.
-"Still Alive"- GLaDOS

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Sun Dec 26, 2004 11:16 pm
Nate says...

Dogs hands down. I do like cats, but they hardly notice you sometimes. Plus, I'm very allergic to them, so I resent them for that :wink:

Right now, there are two dogs in my house. One is my sister's, and she's really nice. The other belongs to the entire family, and he's interesting. He's very skittish around humans (we adopted him from the Cockerspaniel rescue league and his previous owners were quite cruel), and it takes him a long time to get used to a new person.

128 Reviews

Reviews: 128
Mon Dec 27, 2004 2:06 am
Galatea says...

Both?

I vote cats, simply because I can't stand the doofy little costumes my aunt puts on her poor poodle/bichon mix puppy. Besides being dumb as a stump, the thing dances...in twirly circles...it's...disgusting. My own dog (beautiful aussie!!) got weird after I left for college, she's awfully neurotic in her old age...

KloWee, my cat, is a lover, and has slept with me every night since I've been home. Cats, definitly.

One good rule to follow though: dogs for a baby-substitute, cats for a boyfriend-substitute.
Sing lustily and with a good courage. Beware of singing as if you were half dead, or half asleep; but lift up your voice with strength.

418 Reviews

Mon Dec 27, 2004 2:52 am

Nate wrote:Dogs hands down. I do like cats, but they hardly notice you sometimes. Plus, I'm very allergic to them, so I resent them for that :wink:

Well, its a good thing you aren't allergic to dogs, I would almost want to die if I was. But cats, I don't care.

221 Reviews

Reviews: 221
Sat Jan 01, 2005 3:23 am
Elelel says...

Cats.
Cats are the best.

I have a cat and a dog. The dog is a Jack Russel, rather whimpy (losses fight with both the cat and the rooster) and in love with my dad. The cat likes me and me mum, my mum because she feeds it, but I don't feed it and it still comes and sits on me over everyone else. We have a love/hate relationship. She bites and is rather vicious, and I pretend I don't like her, but she has such an amusing personality.

My brother is not an animal person. The cat hates him and he hates it. THey are mortal enemies. The dog (not capable of hating anyone bu the rooster) merely 'doesn't like' him, and he doesn't like the dog. Don't know why I put this in.
Oh, you're angry! Click your pen.
--Music and Lyrics

145 Reviews

Reviews: 145
Thu Jan 20, 2005 8:51 am
Tara says...

Lol, Gal!!!!!!

Dogs all the way. No argument there with me. I'm not a cat person. However, I do have one cat. (I don't count my mom's cat, that thing isn't mine) She's the only cat I've ever loved. Grey all over, and beautifull yellow-green eyes. She doesn't act much like a cat, though. I'm not quite sure what she acts like...
"You can go a long way with a smile. You can go a lot farther with a smile and a gun." -Al Capone

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Sun Apr 24, 2005 5:20 am
the_red_gem says...

I vote cats. For those who think they're evil i disagree. I raised a cat when i was like 4yrs which means that it was like toy because i could pick it up and hug it and it woulnt scratch me beacuse id played with it so much. He was beautiful. We ironically called evil because he always had a grumpy little face(tabby).

Besides dogs cant purr

65 Reviews

Reviews: 65
Sun Apr 24, 2005 8:54 am
Midnight says...

I hate dogs, in fact I'm completely phobic probably due to the fact I was bitten when I was younger. BEfore I go to Ecuador I have to go on some stupid phobia therapy course, woho.

Cats all the way.
available

When something is broken, it can be fixed.
— Benjamin Alire Saenz, Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe