z

Young Writers Society

Handwriting type?

Do you typically use print or cursive when writing by hand?

Print
77%
Cursive
9%
Writing? By hand?
14%

Total votes : 22

922 Reviews

Reviews: 922
Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:32 pm
GryphonFledgling says...

I'm just curious.

I print everything, though my print is sort of cursive-y anyway (which drives my mother crazy for some reason). Whether or not other people can read it depends on how much care I put into making it legible.
I am reminded of the babe by you.

239 Reviews

Reviews: 239
Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:24 pm
MeadowLark says...

I mostly print but then midway through the sentence I'll handwrite a word. Or sometimes, I combine handwriting and printing just to write one word. My writing is quite sloppy, at least in my opinion, but there is no way I can change it. It used to drive my teachers crazy but I ignored them when they said how to fix it. It's my own unique style :wink:
Purple light in the canyon
that is where I long to be
With my three good companions
just my rifle, pony and me

--- "My Rifle My Pony and Me"

1162 Reviews

Reviews: 1162
Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:20 pm
Carlito says...

It's mostly print but some letters kind of become cursive just because it's faster and easier to do, like the letter 'e'.
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Ask a Therapist!
I want to beta read your novel!

Ask me anything. Talk to me about anything. Seriously. My PM box is always open <3

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:21 pm
wolf4 says...

I haven't written in cursive since third grade :)
Yeah, so I print all of my stuff. I've forgotten how to make most of the cursive letters.
Don't follow in my footsteps. I run into walls.

Sometimes, it's best not to question your friends. Just help them dump the body into the river.

Even if the voices aren't real, they have pretty good ideas.

Writing isn't an excuse for insanity. It's a reason.

189 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 189
Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:36 pm
tinny says...

I write mostly print, although there are a couple of letter combinations that I join together out of habit. It's often mistaken for cursive though, because the letters are often tiny and smushed up together all tight.
please grant me my small wish; (love me to the marrow of my bones)

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:45 pm
Rosendorn says...

I'm closer to printing, but I join 90% of my letters together just because my pen doesn't leave the page. When I'm trying to make my writing readable, though, I print.

Maybe have another option of "Printing that looks like cursive"? xD
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

93 Reviews

Reviews: 93
Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:02 pm
MagnusBane says...

I mostly print, but some of my letters look a lot like cursive, just because I have this weird habit of putting a lot of flourishes in my sentences.
“Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass.” Anton Chekhov

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1260
Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:17 pm
Elinor says...

Printing, definatley. I have horrible cursive and then I can never read what I wrote afterwards.

All our dreams can come true — if we have the courage to pursue them.

-- Walt Disney

197 Reviews

Reviews: 197
Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:26 pm
Jetpack says...

I have the typical cursive handwriting than people are always commenting on, as in, "Your handwriting's so beautiful! I wish I still wrote like that." I'm really fast with cursive, but I prefer to print when I write outside school and on short answer questions in exams. I only use cursive to be neat at school, but it's getting unreadable now, since my "s" on the end of a word is more like a flying comma.

Random avatar

Reviews: 56
Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:37 am
thunder_dude7 says...

Jetpack: Flying comma? That's called an apostrophe.

I use print. My letters are really big and blocky, and cursive is UGLY in blocky letters. I can write cursive, I just don't.

197 Reviews

Reviews: 197
Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:59 am
Jetpack says...

Nah, flying comma. It's too low for an apostrophe and still attached to the word. Besides, why say apostrophe when you can say flying comma? :D

Did you ever hear the Tragedy of Darth Plagueis the wise? I thought not. It's not a story the Jedi would tell you. It's a Sith legend. Darth Plagueis was a Dark Lord of the Sith, so powerful and so wise he could use the Force to influence the midichlorians to create life... He had such a knowledge of the dark side that he could even keep the ones he cared about from dying. The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural. He became so powerful... the only thing he was afraid of was losing his power, which eventually, of course, he did. Unfortunately, he taught his apprentice everything he knew, then his apprentice killed him in his sleep. It's ironic he could save others from death, but not himself.
— RazorSharpPencil