z

Young Writers Society

What do you think about this Twilight review?

Random avatar

Reviews: 24
Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:44 pm
View Likes
RainWanderer says...

http://stoney321.livejournal.com/317176.html (The language used in the review are PG-13)

I have to say it helps me a lot, saving me times for not having to read Twilight.
Who am I? Just a wanderer, traveling from real life to dreams.

“Writing a book is a very lonely business. You are totally cut off from the rest of the world, submerged in your obsessions and memories.” - Mario Vargas Llosa

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:07 pm
wookielover17 says...

I say everyone is intitled to their own opinion. I for one love the books (but you probably already knew that :D) But someone else would esaly say that they don't like it. But I do say that you should read it before you make your decision that you don't like it. Like me and Harry Potter. I don't like the books and I think the movies are decent, but like a billion people totally disagree with me. So yeah I think you should read the books you might end up liking them... or not. But if you don't want to read it than thats cool too.

See You
wookielover17
“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

1162 Reviews

Reviews: 1162
Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:43 am
Carlito says...

I am a fan of Twilight, not like super die-hard or anything, but I do enjoy reading the books.
Personally, I found this hilarious. The pictures were awesome. I haven't actually laughed out loud with something I've read on the internet in awhile and I laughed so many times when I read this.
I haven't finished yet, (I only had time to read part one and two last night), but I'm seriously looking forward to reading the rest. I can't wait for what they have to say about Breaking Dawn. :D

-Carly
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Ask a Therapist!
I want to beta read your novel!

Ask me anything. Talk to me about anything. Seriously. My PM box is always open <3

73 Reviews

Reviews: 73
Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:56 pm
OxfordandOnyx says...

Same, I like Twilight but I can laugh at some its cringy one liners... And basically i like taking the mickey out of it's cheesyness...
But I suggest to everyone that before you slate it, read it and you might like it. If not, join me and let's slate it :)
Four kinds of people I hate most in life.
1. People who use a preposition to end a sentence with.
2. People who can't count.
3. People who think it's 'clever' to quote ironic phrases.

1125 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1125
Fri Aug 28, 2009 6:30 pm
StellaThomas says...

I am not a Twilight fan, but I actually found myself defending it here. Whoever wrote this was just being offensive to Mormons. I know some Mormons through YWS and they're lovely people. Another author, Shannon Hale, is a Mormon and I love her, and I don't think Stephenie Meyer is a bad person, perhaps annoying. But I never got the impression Twilight was her trying to force her religion on us. So her morals come through, so what? If I make a character a non-drinker non-smoker does that mean I'm condemning people who are and twisting them to my way of thinking? Of course not.

I don't like Twlight, but I didn't like this either :P It's not particularly funny.
"Stella. You were in my dream the other night. And everyone called you Princess." -Lauren2010

373 Reviews

Reviews: 373
Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:18 pm
Kamas says...

I agree 100% with Stella here. I founded it pointlessly offensive. Religion had nothing to do with a religion. I disliked the Twilight series and I read it long before this obbessive phase swooped through. But like Stella i found myself defending the series reading this review. I found it offensive and vulgar and barely told any of the story.

Stephenie Meyer is just trying to make a living and write a book people will like. Though she is not a talented author/writer, she managed to make a living for herself and write a book that people that don't read actualy read. Even if it was a popularity fad.

Read the books if you wish to have your own judgement. It doesn't matter what people think, its your personal opinion, not some random person vulgar interpretation.

Kamas
"Nothing is permanent in this wicked world - not even our troubles." ~ Charles Chaplin

#tnt

73 Reviews

Reviews: 73
Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:34 pm
OxfordandOnyx says...

At the end of the day...

We can all (like me) have a laugh at Twilight's expense

Steph's having the last laugh, she's the sucsessful millionaire.

And after reading what people said I may check out the whole review- it's really long.
(How offensive is it anyway? On a scale of one to ten?)
Four kinds of people I hate most in life.
1. People who use a preposition to end a sentence with.
2. People who can't count.
3. People who think it's 'clever' to quote ironic phrases.

100 Reviews

Reviews: 100
Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:42 pm
gsppcrocks10 says...

I like Twilight, I just think people are making waaayyy too big of a deal about it. Twilight isn't my favorite, and I certainly wouldn't choose it over Artemis Fowl, HP, Children of the Lamp, ect. But I'll read it if I'm bored and enjoy it, at least a little bit.

I think that review is just plain rude. That's all I have to say about it. It has a small element of truth, but they were very rude about explaining it. I'm glad that nobody on YWS reviews like that.
Just another quack spouting psychobabble.

"If I win, I'm a prodigy. If I lose, then I'm mad. That's the way history is written."

Why do we only rest in peace? Why don't we live in peace too?
— Alison Billet