z

Young Writers Society

I have 4 grand to spend

216 Reviews

Reviews: 216
Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:59 am
asxz says...

Okay, so I never spend any money, and I have just got a better job (upscaled from a paper run to the local supermarket's deli) and I don't really have my eye on anything.So do you guys have any ideas on what I should spend it on? I already have a laptop (bar the fact that it is very cheap and old (hand me down from parents)) and I'm not that into music (there goes the ipod touch, even though it has cool games)

So... discuss what i should buy!
::XoX::KeepWriting::XoX::

GENERATION 29: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Writing is 3% talent and 97% not being distracted by the internet

647 Reviews

Reviews: 647
Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:57 am
Alteran says...

Uhh, Okay, I'll be the voice of logic and reason for today. Save it. you've got a few more years before you'll be able to get a car and if you save your money by the time you get your license you'll have enough for a very good used car or if you want a donw payment on a newer one.

You could also start saving for college. If you're in the position to save up as much as possible I say go for it. speaking from my own experience it's killer to have scholarships to school and then no money to get to the school with.
"Maybe Senpai ate Yuka-tan's last bon-bon?"
----Stupei, Ace Defective

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Sun Jul 05, 2009 4:10 am
Snoink says...

School. Save it up for college. If you're in America, you'll be spending close to $10,000 per year, if not more, on school. A little $4000 can go a long way.
Last edited by Snoink on Sun Jul 05, 2009 4:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

44 Reviews

Reviews: 44
Sun Jul 05, 2009 4:14 am
EmmVeePi says...

Spend it like me, I have blown about 15 grand over the past couple years on nothing bigger than a DS.

Random avatar

Reviews: 7
Sun Jul 05, 2009 5:50 am
KevinL says...

I'd blow it on some tattoos, ya know? Get some piercings.

216 Reviews

Reviews: 216
Sun Jul 05, 2009 7:54 am
asxz says...

Thinking of saving it... but I'm still 4 years our of college, and with my current job I'm getting 3 grand a year, which upscales to more than 6 grand a year with my new one. I have no intention of quitting, so I think I'll be rolling in cash by the end of my collge (Years 9-13 where I am) years.
::XoX::KeepWriting::XoX::

GENERATION 29: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Writing is 3% talent and 97% not being distracted by the internet

558 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 558
Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:09 pm
Matt Bellamy says...

Save it. Or spend a little and save loads of it. You never know when you might need it.
Matt.

Got Tumblr? Me too! http://www.writersam.co.uk

Peeking Cat Poetry Magazine is accepting submissions! http://peekingcatpoetrymagazine.blogspot.co.uk

88 Reviews

Reviews: 88
Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:46 pm
View Likes
TexanWriter says...

Save it, just in case something happens to your job and 'Plan A' goes down like a sinking ship. You never know, it might, and it'd be good to have a little backup/emergency money for college, usual spendings like rent if you're living alone (I'm talking future, here), etc.

But it's your money, and you say "Spend it!!", then I would suggest something other than the usual tech you said you weren't interested in. Something creative? Art supplies? Building materials? It depends on what your interests are. If you're a techie, get a faster computer. If you're a photo junkie, get a better camera. If you like horseback riding, get some lessons. Whatever you're interested in, I'd suggest getting something(s) that let you do you interest more easily.

This has nothing to do with you, but if I had $4,000 to spend, I'd put $3,500 in the bank. That's still a good fraction of college, and I'd have $500 just on hand if I see something I really, really want in the future.
Religion without science is lame; science without religion is blind.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school.

-Albert Einstein

438 Reviews

Reviews: 438
Sun Jul 05, 2009 4:55 pm
JFW1415 says...

Me? I'd go on a massive shopping trip with $1,000 and save the rest. =]

Is college free there? Since it's grades 9-13...? If so, spend it on a car?

OR! The better choice. Say a book (on average) is $15. $4,000 divided by $15 is almost 267 books. BUY THEM ALL.

[dude. I've spent a lot of money on books in my life.]

~JFW1415

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:06 pm
.:Elf:. says...

Blow some, save the rest. Books are a very good idea :)

602 Reviews

Reviews: 602
Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:12 pm
Wolf says...

I say you split it. Put 2 grand aside for college and take the rest and go impulse-shopping. Literally buy anything that catches your attention - I've always wanted to do that. :)
everything i loved
became everything i lost.

Would you like a review?
http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/topic73903.html

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:03 am
erratik_statik says...

get loose and waste it on actions, not material things :-)

throw a party or something, go on a holiday. material things lose value, memories don't

:-)
I should have been a pair of ragged claws
Scuttling across the floors of silent seas. . . . . .

"The Lovesong of J Alfred Prufrock" T.S Eliot

Be steadfast as a tower that doth not bend its stately summit to the tempest’s shock.
— Dante Alighieri