z

Young Writers Society

YWS Blogging?!

14 Reviews

Reviews: 14
Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:10 pm
Roo 2 says...

Alright, so I'm trying to get my blog going, but I'm frustrated with the pre-made blog templates available. I've seen other YWS bloggers with their own backgrounds, like they've messed with the templates, but I can't figure out how to do that because it always tells me 'this template is not customizable' yada yada yada...

I asked this question in some other random forum and I got a good answer from Juniper:
There's only a few templates you can customize; I think the main ones are Yellow Grey and simple grey. You can simply change the background image and the colors using hexadecimal codes. =D

Unfortunately, though, I don't know what 'hexadecimal codes' are or how the heck I would get some hexadecimal codes or use them...

Can anyone help me and explain an easy way to change the template or help me out with it if it isn't as easy as I hope? :D Thanks in advance!!

-Roo
If all the world is but a dream---fantastic posing greed---then we should feed our jewelry to the sea. For diamonds do appear to be just like broken glass to me.

---
Roo loves yoo. <3

1464 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1464
Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:54 pm
JabberHut says...

**Moved to Lounge**

I can help you out! ^_^

June's write when saying the hexadecimal codes will help you out. You'll find them as you scroll down the page in Blog Control. Next to some of the blanks, it says "See Hexadecimal Codes," I believe, and it'll link you to the codes. This is all beneath the main part of Blog Control, and extended part that is shown when you choose the two customizable blog designs.

Hope that helps!
I make my own policies.

As ideas are always better than their execution, so too must dough taste better than cookies.
— Horisun