z

Young Writers Society

Who would you be?

88 Reviews

Reviews: 88
Tue May 12, 2009 3:52 am
TexanWriter says...

Who would you be?

If a total stranger glanced up from his morning paper to see you walking down the street, who would you be?

If a teen taking out the trash decided to stare at you to freak you out for no reason (trust me, it's fun), who would you be?

Describe what someone who had never seen you before would see you as if they happened to notice you.

For Example:

I'd be the chubby brunette climbing a tree, muttering to herself "Why the heck did I take that picture?" as she flipped through her camera's gallery.
Religion without science is lame; science without religion is blind.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school.

-Albert Einstein

143 Reviews

Reviews: 143
Tue May 12, 2009 6:27 am
anti-pop says...

A rather short young woman with a nose much too big for her face came marching out of a guitar studio, swinging a large black case. She appeared to be singing to herself, and several pedestrians quickly swerved out of the way as she passed by.

Haha XD
That was really fun. I like this idea.

Pop
...Bitter cold, it grows
changing holds
cynicism the new norm...

-Libretto

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Tue May 12, 2009 10:54 am
Kikuyo says...

"A small child, dressed rather shabbily, crept down the sidewalk avoiding eye contact with anything really. Her hair was long and wild with streaks blessed by sun and fire, though her skin showed no signs of these encounters. She glanced my way for a fleeting second before finding the sidewalk a much more attractive view. She was no girl, but a woman. And her clothes skillfully concealed her adult figure. As she passed, the air around me appeared to solidify and time was frozen in her crystal aura. She glanced up again and in her small and weary eyes I saw eternity. The sun did nothing to lift the eventide's wonders that day."

Ok, so my presence probably isn't THAT captivating, but I do think I tend to exude weirdness that people seem to just pick up on, lol.
A single plum blossom, then another, opening one by one.
And the first plaintive notes of the bush warbler’s song.
Signs of the coming spring.
To tell the truth, they only make me long
To see you again…

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Tue May 12, 2009 11:23 am
erratik_statik says...

Arrogant f***head (false) with a strut(true lol), bleached blonde hair (false). Acts like he owns the place.

lol

I get noticed.. for worse more than better in this town.

:-)
I should have been a pair of ragged claws
Scuttling across the floors of silent seas. . . . . .

"The Lovesong of J Alfred Prufrock" T.S Eliot

312 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 312
Tue May 12, 2009 6:40 pm
Mars says...

Ooh...this would be a fun thing for writing activities.

A teenage girl walks from the top of the middle meadow path, wearing the uniform of the near private school. Her face and her pace both suggest something like anger, but there's also an element of uncertainty; her eyes narrow as the wind blows her long, dark brown hair into her face. Again. The boy, also in the navy and white uniform, who has been calling after her, finally catches up and yanks the headphones out of her ears and she smiles.

Okay, so the last part was maybe wishful thinking. Although it has happened before. So there. :P
'life tastes sweeter when it's wrapped in poetry'
-the wombats

critiques // nano

Random avatar

Reviews: 37
Tue May 12, 2009 9:19 pm
Helpful McHelpfulpants says...

BUT MY PRECIOUS ANONYMITY WHAT WILL I DO WITHOUT IT
Nunc lac est bibendum.

108 Reviews

Reviews: 108
Wed May 13, 2009 1:07 am
KailaMarie says...

A girl walks by, and though she is crossing her arms, she exudes a quiet sense of optimism. She smiles as she walks by most people, showing off her braces and almost straight teeth. She walks fast and with purpose, but has a touch of an awkwardness about her that might dissappear if she weren't not alone. She is wearing white ear buds and mouthing along to the words, once in a while bobbing her head as well.
... :D ...
[url]spottedturtle.tumblr.com[/url]

922 Reviews

Reviews: 922
Wed May 13, 2009 1:15 am
GryphonFledgling says...

Tall. Thin. Plain. Swaggers like a pirate, but so quickly that others struggle to keep up. Handshake way too firm for a girl. Constant half-glare due to squinting against the sunlight, but a smile that makes her eyes disappear as they are scrunched up.
I am reminded of the babe by you.

158 Reviews

Reviews: 158
Wed May 13, 2009 4:38 pm
Lauren says...

She walks down the street with eyes on the ground, and hands pushed deep into her pockets. She is quite plump, and her hair is curly and the colour of French mustard. She obviously wants to get somewhere quickly but she's not scurrying like an insect--she walks with her back straight, emphasizing her uncanny resemblance to the Green Giant.

675 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 675
Wed May 13, 2009 4:53 pm
lilymoore says...

She’s swinging her legs back and forth from her place on the picnic bench. The wind is brisk and pushes her wild auburn hair into her face. She’s rather average, hazel green eyes and pale skin with a smattering of freckles on her cheeks. Though she looks to be around nineteen, she’s only just turned sixteen but an old age shows in her eyes. Her cell phone vibrates in her pocket and she pulls her headphones off out to answer it.
Never forget who you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armor yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you.

541 Reviews

Reviews: 541
Fri May 15, 2009 2:26 am
Lauren2010 says...

She is slung over some guys shoulder, and has long since given up protesting. She rests her elbow on his back and balances her chin on her hand. Her shoulder length brown hair is a mess and a breeze is blowing it in her face. She seems rather discontent in the fact that another of her guy friends has decided to make her the object of some sort of friendish torture, but a glint in her eyes shows she isn't entirely upset. The two arrive at a small park only to be greeted by more of their friends. Everyone starts climbing trees and swinging on the swingset.

=) yay that was fun.
Got YWS?

107 Reviews

Reviews: 107
Tue May 19, 2009 10:53 pm
fluteluvr77 says...

^_^ Sounds fun to me!

She walks around the street, casually sipping on a chocolate milkshake. Short with raven eyes and hair, she seems quiet and often indifferent. A quiet laugh belies this aura as she is tackled by one of her guy friends; she seems to relish this hug with a ecstatic look on her face.

:P

fluteluvr77<3
Love is the answer to life yet the slowest form of suicide.
Love is a paradox.
And that's why we love it.

Got YWS?

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Thu May 21, 2009 12:44 am
How2EataRhesus says...

She's small, that's obvious. Pale, too, with frizzy blonde hair that has a life of its own. In an inconspicuous school uniform (even though it's Friday afternoon). Her eyes are huge and just as pale as her other features. If she didn't look so withdrawn, she might be called pretty. All in all, she resembles a badly-treated porcelain doll.
But she seems a lot more peaceful here on the street. Her eyes rest not on the strangers, but through them, to the bright sky and chartreuse plants and the brick buildings on her right. Just seeing it brings a spark of light to her eyes; her sullen mouth starts to relax and even turn up a little. She hugs her thick book to her chest and walks on, slowly and still not saying a word.

Makes me realize how much I like to talk about myself. ^_^
'Nobody has ever measured, not even poets, how much the heart can hold.' - Zelda Sayre Fitzgerald

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:22 pm
whereisxanthus says...

If a total stranger glanced up from his morning paper to see you walking down the street, who would you be?

She's the girl by herself, lost in thought. Dirty blonde hair, constantly being pushed out of her face. Green eyes, possibably shielded by glasses; possibably covered in the light blue film of contacts. Head bobbing slightly up and down, music filling her ears. She walks down the street quickly, passing slower walkers. She can't stand to walk slowly. She looks around at her surrondings and sees an old man reading a newspaper looking at her. She turns her eyes to the ground, wondering what he's thinking. On she presses.

That was fun, but I kinda sucked at it ]:
Charlotte. Chargan. Xanthus. Charlotte Charade. Clic.

201 Reviews

Reviews: 201
Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:34 pm
peanut19 says...

She sighs, pulling her dirty blonde hair out of her face. Her green eyes show annoyance. She picks her cell phone up from the ground beside her and checks the messages. She sighs again rolling her eyes, she is very impatient today. A book lies beside her where one often is. She picks it up with her right hand, her orange ring glints in the sunlight. Finally her phone vibrates and she isn't alone.

~peanut~
There is a light in you, a Vision in the making with sorrow enough to extinguish the stars. I can help you.
~And The Light Fades

The people down here are our zombies, who should be dead or not exist but do.
~Away From What We Started

P.S Got YWS?

Kindness is the language the deaf can hear and the blind can see.
— Mark Twain